Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 hours ago, ropy said:

If I am a *** through religion is it fine for me to use the word in reference to others from the proddy school system?

This is where the pathetic argument totally falls down. I came through the ’proddy’ school system does that make me a *** tim? The idea that a religious term is exclusively reserved for a supporter of a clumpany is hilarious. Scrambling to reference for what it may mean in another country shows up the desperation to be offended.

Edited by gannonball

7 hours ago, bennett said:

celtic legend has his say on anti Rangers bias claims.

Sir Kenny Dalglish shares damning claim about SFA amid Rangers controversy

Sir Kenny Dalglish claims the SFA are “leaving themselves wide open to accusations” after opting to charge Alfredo Morelos for his actions in Rangers’ win versus Hibernian but not Darren McGregor.

And Celtic legend Dalglish claims that the SFA might be showing a bias against the Ibrox striker by not pursuing action against McGregor.

Writing on the Sunday Post website, Dalglish said: “By only calling up Morelos, and not Darren McGregor for his clash with Glen Kamara, the SFA are leaving themselves wide open to accusations of having one rule for one player and a different one for another."

I wonder how many seconds of Scottish football Kenny Dalglish watches each week.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

This is where the pathetic argument totally falls down. I came through the ’proddy’ school system does that make me a *** tim? The idea that a religious term is exclusively reserved for a supporter of a religious clumpany is hilarious. Scrambling to reference for what it may mean in another country shows up the desperation to be offended.

There is no such thing as a "proddy" school system - it's a non-denominational school system. By definition, there is no religion attached to it.

I have no idea what the bit in bold is supposed to mean, other than I know it's a term used by crackpot Celtic fans that think Rangers are going bust every week.

Scotland's sectarianism issue is a direct reflection of Northern Irelands - the two countries are inextricably linked on this issue. They have been for 400 years and they'll continue to be so for a long time to come. Scotland cannot solve it's problems with sectarianism without Northern Ireland also making huge strides in this regard.

It's not surprising in the slightest that people who use the term are trying to convince others that it's not sectarian - this is common behaviour when people are first called out on their use of a bigoted slur. The hope is people educate themselves and bring themselves into the 21st Century.

On 31/01/2021 at 13:18, G51 said:

It absolutely is, and anyone who thinks it isn't either a) hasn't thought for more than two seconds about it, or b) is not serious about sectarianism, and is only interested in using it to point score.

H** is a very common term in NI for Protestant. Anyone who's spent time living in NI knows this. It's the equivalent of T*** and is used as such.

Twat is a sectarian insult ???

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'll  wait up and it'll probably be nothing.

'Don't go to bed just yet.'

EtLERulW8AYWTJE.jpg

GIF

Share this Tweet

Simpson and Wright?  It's a bit of a tease if that's it.