Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

On 1/27/2017 at 12:53, wastecoatwilly said:

From here to the march 18 this is were we will see if rangers has the cajones to get second place,5 away games only 2 in their comfort zone will be interesting if Warburton makes it?

maybe i underestimated the time period just like rangers did with the top flight of Scottish football

10 hours ago, thepundit said:

Disappointing result today but after watching Rangers struggle against a Championdhip team at Ibrox last week I can't say I'm surprised.

The board should have had Alex McLeish as manager days ago. Some may say short term but I think he should be given the job on a full time basis. 

Since you're taking out loans to meet your current day-to-day commitments, where do you think the money is going to come from for McLeish?

That's not mean to be as aggressive as it sounds (sorry) but I'm astonished that Rangers fans really believe the board are looking for replacements.  Murty is in until at least the end of the season (unless he's punted for the Interim Dream Team of Miller and... eh, that's it).  The board will also want to see the outcome of the Warburton case before commiting to any further spend/loans.

3 hours ago, The DA said:

Since you're taking out loans to meet your current day-to-day commitments, where do you think the money is going to come from for McLeish?

That's not mean to be as aggressive as it sounds (sorry) but I'm astonished that Rangers fans really believe the board are looking for replacements.  Murty is in until at least the end of the season (unless he's punted for the Interim Dream Team of Miller and... eh, that's it).  The board will also want to see the outcome of the Warburton case before commiting to any further spend/loans.

I don't think McLeish would ask for a high salary at all. In fact, he's probably a cheap option.

As for waiting until the case is resolved for the previous coaching team, that isn't a matter that will be decided on quickly. Could be a few seasons depending on appeals.

Edited by thepundit

3 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Last I saw McLeish was as a pundit on TV (a Scotland game?). He didn't exactly look healthy and was barely coherent. Think the idea he'd be a good manager for Rangers is a bit of wishful thinking tbh.

With other contenders being the likes of McInnes, Davies, Wright and Muscat he'd be the obvious choice. 

33 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I assumed it was Bobby Sands, which is no better, but still grim stuff.

Looking forward to this being the lead story for a week just like some wee fannies scratching something vile on a bus somewhere outside Aberdeen was.

It's the bit at the end that gets me.

Why are fans of the other 41 senior clubs not allowed to talk about Rangers?  You see it all over here, Facebook and Twitter. Their fans giving it the 'concentrate on yer ane team' shite.

***s sharing pics of some Celtic fan sat in front of a TV and the wife goes 'are you coming to bed?' to which he replies 'naw Rangers are oan the telly'

Do they expect no one to talk about and take the piss out of Rangers hilariously dying?

Just now, TheScarf said:

Why are fans of the other 41 senior clubs not allowed to talk about Rangers?  You see it all over here, Facebook and Twitter. Their fans giving it the 'concentrate on yer ane team' shite.

***s sharing pics of some Celtic fan sat in front of a TV and the wife goes 'are you coming to bed?' to which he replies 'naw Rangers are oan the telly'

Do they expect no one to talk about and take the piss out of Rangers hilariously dying?

Nope, that line entails that they are fucked over in any discussion.

1 hour ago, Derlei said:

Bus full of drunken idiots shocker.

This kind of thing only ever happens with scum, sub human, vermin ****. 

Am I doing it right? 

Aye, right enough, everyone does it when they've had a few beers. Can't count the number of times I've been on a Killie supporters' bus and we've started a right good singalong about a dead Ayr United legend.

Oh, wait, that has literally never happened.

Bus full of drunken idiots shocker.
This kind of thing only ever happens with scum, sub human, vermin ****. 
Am I doing it right? 

Yeah when it's your lot it's just drunken idiots when it's Celtic singing about the ibrox disaster it's proof they're all scum and vice versa.

Really, we've heard it all a million times.

43 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Aye, right enough, everyone does it when they've had a few beers. Can't count the number of times I've been on a Killie supporters' bus and we've started a right good singalong about a dead Ayr United legend.

Oh, wait, that has literally never happened.

This. Equally I would not expect our one toothed seaside cousins to stoop that low either.

Just shows how vile the arse cheeks are that they can't have a healthy rivalry and distaste for the other side of the divide without resorting to the shameful songs sung by both of them.

Absolute vermin.