Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

On 26/05/2021 at 15:16, bennett said:

We are making this bridge, if you like, from a recovery phase to a growth phase. I think that is an apt way to look at this.

"When you see us putting in some new seating, some extra seating, some premium seating going in and you ally that to Edmiston House and the museum, I think you will see that this club is putting the dark years behind us.

That recovery phase. We are not complete just yet, we are really not complete just yet.

"We are at a bridge period. We have got to get to that but it is imminent and we will move to the growth phase.

"Beyond that, I think you will see, medium term, and I can't say it is one years time, but I don't think it is as far away as five years time, I think you will see a bit more stadium expansion happening

John Bennett is a bit of an unsung here.  He joined the board at a difficult time and kept himself under the radar a bit when Dave King came to the fore but I have no doubt that he is the main brains behind the growth and improvement we've seen on and off the park.  I've also no doubt that he's behind the recent investment we've had from new HNW 'names'.  He also speaks clearly and cogently as he did in this interview after the AGM.  Much as I value DK's work, John Bennett is a much more credible and more ameliorative character to be running the club.

Edited by The_Kincardine

19 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Borna just got included in the team of the tournament for the Europa League. Think if he has even a semi-decent Euro’s we lose him to a Serie A or La Liga side.

Borna was the typical, 'played well against us, signed him and turns out he's a big blouse' piece of transfer business.

His transformation, though, has been remarkable and he's fitter, faster and stronger under our coaching staff.  The number of classy goals he has set up for us this season is ridiculous - including one of my favourite goals of the season - Roofe's 2nd in March against the HWG10IAR brigade.

When I was learning to shoot grouse and pheasant 20-odd years ago the mantra was always, "Don't aim for the bird but anticipate where it's going to be" and, in footballing terms, Borna is the apotheosis of that:

40 minutes ago, bennett said:

@OfficialSLFL

STATEMENT The Scottish Lowland Football League can confirm that the majority of member clubs have voted in favour of admitting Rangers and Them ‘B’ teams into the league next season - for one year only.

Scottish football turning a corner, I see.  

Cue much diddy rage.  Again.

Scottish football turning a corner, I see.  
Cue much diddy rage.  Again.
I don't know about rage, but one of the main reasons we were given about this being a good idea was that it would benefit Scottish football. I've yet to see one explanation of how this will benefit anyone other than the two clubs involved (and a small fee for the LL clubs which would be trumped by a visit from any of the bigger WOS clubs in the South Challenge Cup).

The best ten goals of the 2020/21 UEFA Europa League campaign have been revealed.

1 Kemar Roofe (Standard Liège 0-2 Rangers) – Matchday 1, 22/10/20

2 Dele Alli (Tottenham 4-0 Wolfsberg) – Round of 32, 24/02/21

3 Paulinho (Braga 3-3 Leicester) – Matchday 4, 26/11/20

4 Mislav Oršić (Dinamo Zagreb 3-0 Tottenham) – Round of 16, 18/03/21

5 Lucas Moura (Wolfsberg 1-4 Tottenham) – Round of 32, 17/02/21

6 Harry Winks (Tottenham 4-0 Ludogorets) – Matchday 4, 26/11/20

7 Nicolas Pépé (Arsenal 3-0 Dundalk) – Matchday 2, 29/10/20

8 Riccardo Calafiori (Roma 3-1 Young Boys) – Matchday 5, 03/12/20

9 Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United 6-2 Roma) – Semi-finals, 29/04/21

10 Diogo Gonçalves (Arsenal 3-2 Benfica) – Round of 32, 25/02/21

Down the London Road they are talking up their 'no howe' whereas, back in Govan, we only talk about real prowess:

• Borna, as reported last night, is in the Europa League Team of the Year.
  • The Big Buff, in his 'poacher turned gamekeeper' role - a real tribute to our coaching staff and I love Alfie 2.0 - tops the EL 'assists' table.
  • Roofie is credited with Europa League Goal of the Season:

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/0269-1262aa7b4762-2894442e5195-1000--europa-league-top-ten-goals/?iv=true

The amusing thing is, watching these goals, how many times I thought, "We could have scored that".

25 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The minority 

Don’t  have nightmares, do sleep well   

Seems rather few numbers given such large scale disturbance.

There was me thinking we were one of the most monitored nations in the world with best in class CCTV. 

See no evil. Hear no evil. Speak no evil. 

The Rangers fans are no different to the dead clubs fans. Scum.

The 

Colombian FA have confirmed that Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos has returned a positive Covid test.

The Ibrox star is in the squad for World Cup qualifiers and the Copa America this month after a successful Premiership campaign,

However the governing body have released a statement confirming that Morelos and one of the team physios had tested positive for the virus.

The Rangers man will now follow self-isolation protocols ahead of a packed fixture list but is reported to be in "good health" by the FA.

13 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

The minority 

Don’t  have nightmares, do sleep well   

2445D4E6-8A7C-4854-AC43-A313B1491300.jpeg

Why is No 8, Father Fintan Stack, supporting Rangers? That would be an ecumenical matter.

Still he's had his fun and that's all that matters.

59 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Why is No 8, Father Fintan Stack, supporting Rangers? That would be an ecumenical matter.

Still he's had his fun and that's all that matters.

Mrs Doyle, No. 7, does too it seems. 

Edited by Savage Henry