Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Don’t think describing the relationship between Rangers and the SNP as fractious is particularly paranoid.
The Humza stuff was particularly egregious given the targeting of Kamara. 
"I have also been made aware of this clip, if (and I stress if) this clip is genuine then any player or staff member found to be guilty of anti-Catholic hatred should be shown the door by the Club."

I don't see what's wrong with that. He didn't accuse anyone of anything, merely stating that IF anyone was guilty they should be punished. Would you rather he turned a blind eye?

20 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Just when you thought the rangers paranoia couldn't get much worse along comes Murdo Fraser emoji23.png

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/does-the-snp-have-a-rangers-problem-murdo-fraser-3333330

That’s an absolutely dreadful article but will be lapped up. Seriously shocking politics. Although I was tickled by this:

All this comes against the backdrop of what is fast becoming the biggest scandal in Scottish legal history, namely the malicious prosecution of the former administrators of Rangers. Already £24 million has been paid out in compensation and legal costs to two of the affected individuals, and it is estimated that the total claims could cost the Scottish taxpayer over £100 million.

Whilst there is no suggestion of direct political interference in the operation of the Crown Office in these cases, it is not difficult for conspiracy theorists to question the motivations behind these prosecutions

translated as - this has absolutely nothing to do with what I’m writing about or the SNP, but, you know, it could be!!

18 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

"I have also been made aware of this clip, if (and I stress if) this clip is genuine then any player or staff member found to be guilty of anti-Catholic hatred should be shown the door by the Club."

I don't see what's wrong with that. He didn't accuse anyone of anything, merely stating that IF anyone was guilty they should be punished. Would you rather he turned a blind eye?

As Justice Secretary? Lots.

Still hasn’t apologised. 

2 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Still hasn’t apologised. 

I agree with you, I'm not sure his politicians need for a soundbite was wise but isn't it the point that the possibility that the disgusting behaviour actually occured was eminently believable?

The good thing is that the episode reinforces what we find to be unacceptable.

19 minutes ago, sophia said:

I agree with you, I'm not sure his politicians need for a soundbite was wise but isn't it the point that the possibility that the disgusting behaviour actually occured was eminently believable?

The good thing is that the episode reinforces what we find to be unacceptable.

I may be pissing against the wind here but in my opinion, a group of players who are made up of a large proportion of Catholics with very few Rangers supporting Scottish people included chanting FTP definitely had me leaning more towards "complete bullshit" than "eminently believable".

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Just when you thought the rangers paranoia couldn't get much worse along comes Murdo Fraser emoji23.png

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/does-the-snp-have-a-rangers-problem-murdo-fraser-3333330

James Dornan despite being told by the police that there was no criminality  involved in Rangers players singing a Neil Diamond song, still refused to let it go and spent 2 months attacking Rangers over it.

1 hour ago, Orbix said:

Still hasn’t apologised. 

Adding "if" to his tweet isn't some magical get out of free card, the innuendo was very clear and not what you would accept from a senior cabinet minister. 

They've fallen into the trap of assuming that all Rangers fans are uber unionists. 

34 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Great to see we've managed to get Jones a permanent transfer away. Still have a squad of 31 now though so need to cut some of that deadwood.

He was worth a punt imo, there were spells (especially in the Europa) where he showed what he was capable of.

Disappointing to see Murdo letting down Fifers with this utter moon howling rubbish. For an elected (albeit rejected multiple times) official to suggest that conspiracy theorists might suspect political influence in the crown office is actually dangerous.

ETA of course the SNP/ Scottish Gov hate rangers so much that they excluded then from the low interest Covid loan, didn't they?

Edited by 101

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

When Mo Johnston was signed by Graeme Souness in 1989, becoming the first openly Catholic player for Rangers since World War One, he was welcomed with open arms by Rangers fans.”

Excuse Me Reaction GIF

“When Mo Johnston was signed by Graeme Souness in 1989, becoming the first openly Catholic player for Rangers since World War One, he was welcomed with open arms by Rangers fans.”

200.gif&key=3e6a68d7895bd212abca6ebf5bb2bd19ee3e2ab041722ee50da89b5f044b953f
Yeah sounds like it...

“It's a sad day for Rangers. I don't want to see a Roman Catholic at Ibrox.” - secretary of the Rangers Supporters Association at the time David Miller

I believe there was also flag burning and boycotts from 'ra peepul

32 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

When Mo Johnston was signed by Graeme Souness in 1989, becoming the first openly Catholic player for Rangers since World War One, he was welcomed with open arms by Rangers fans.”

Excuse Me Reaction GIF

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Even if it was true, what a thing to wear as a badge of honour. 

Completely unhinged, the only people on the planet to have a persecution complex and a superiority complex at the same time. 

15 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Completely unhinged, the only people on the planet to have a persecution complex and a superiority complex at the same time. 

1081676647_1285copy.jpg.1c2d99a0d8ede6958a7139fdcd662f68.jpg

The signing they need to make IMO.

Edited by Mr Heliums

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF

I suppose he can't remember the fans outside Ibrox burning their scarves and laying wreaths to mark the end of "116 years of tradition"

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF

I don't get why they keep going on about it, it reads as if there were Catholics that played for them that couldn't be openly Catholic, something that must be a source if real shame.

I would be ashamed of my club if someone couldn't be their wholeself whilst playing football for us.