Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Don’t think it’s a secret that Allan McGregor isn’t the brightest, but somebody needs to tell him that there was due to be a winter break anyway, and it’s only been brought forward by 7 days. Great idea by Rangers to put him up to give his statement.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Don’t think it’s a secret that Allan McGregor isn’t the brightest, but somebody needs to tell him that there was due to be a winter break anyway, and it’s only been brought forward by 7 days. Great idea by Rangers to put him up to give his statement.

Its been brought forward 7 days to apparently give as much chance for fans to be in grounds after it, yet we still play a matchday on boxing day with only 500 fans limited to grounds

If it indeed was about the fans the winter break would have kicked in pre boxing day, 

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

Its been brought forward 7 days to apparently give as much chance for fans to be in grounds after it, yet we still play a matchday on boxing day with only 500 fans limited to grounds

If it indeed was about the fans the winter break would have kicked in pre boxing day, 

What do you think it’s about?

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What do you think it’s about?

I think certain clubs have asked for it for other means, and tbh as i said to Jinky67 on here the other day I expect nothing less, every club looks out for themselves, 

And if a clubs other means ties in with "looking after the fans" then its a win win for them, but lets not kid ourselves that the bringing it forward by a week was solely for the fans when on sunday theres literally going to be tens of thousands of fans locked out of games that could have been postponed 

Just now, big al said:

It’s also clearly about finances. For example, Aberdeens 2 biggest crowds of the season would have been the 26th and the 29th. If they are lucky they will recoup some of that loss when the re arranged fixture is played instead of the 29th.

And if the rearranged date still doesn't have full capacity, do we postpone the games again? 

2 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

And if the rearranged date still doesn't have full capacity, do we postpone the games again? 

Unlikely, as there isn’t another looming break to shift to try and help the clubs.

There was a simple and obvious solution to try and keep crowds at games, and they rightly took it, although for me the Boxing Day games should have been moved as well.

These discussions shouldn’t even be happening though. Sturgeon has got it wrong this time in my uneducated opinion. Time to get on with life.

Edited by big al

Just now, big al said:

Unlikely, as there isn’t another looming break to shift to try and help the clubs.

So where is the help to clubs like st johnstone, dundee united, Aberdeen, hearts and motherwell who are now playing sunday with a crowd limited to 500, if it was indeed about fans and finances the boxing day card would have been postponed 

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

So where is the help to clubs like st johnstone, dundee united, Aberdeen, hearts and motherwell who are now playing sunday with a crowd limited to 500, if it was indeed about fans and finances the boxing day card would have been postponed 

I’m not privy to reasoning behind Boxing Day. I would have moved that fixture as well. 

1 minute ago, big al said:

I’m not privy to reasoning behind Boxing Day. I would have moved that fixture as well. 

Same, 

As i said, clubs have asked for this for various reasons, some will be finances (away teams on sunday wont give a toss) and as i said i expect nothing less than clubs looking out for themselves, 

And thats what mcgregor was on about, all this waffle about putting fans first is a load of bollocks, it always has been, doncaster has said that no matter what they'll be no more postponements, so if we resume on Jan 17th and there's limited or no fans in grounds then watch and see if the same clubs who championed the fans a couple of days ago are as loud about it then

43 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Obviously not. Its only the Winter Break that’s been brought forward, the league hasn’t been stopped because of Covid. Can people not understand that?

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Obviously not. Its only the Winter Break that’s been brought forward, the league hasn’t been stopped because of Covid. Can people not understand that?

No, games have been postponed, the winter break was brought forward and because of that 2 rounds of fixtures are now postponed

How do you not understand that? 

The whole point, apparently, of bringing the break forward and postponing two rounds of games was to give fans the best chance to get back into grounds if you listen to certain "agendas" yet sunday there will be tens of thousands of fans locked out of grounds who have paid for the games already, so in reality its not about the fans

Edited by 54_and_counting

10 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

No, games have been postponed, the winter break was brought forward and because of that 2 rounds of fixtures are now postponed

How do you not understand that? 

The whole point, apparently, of bringing the break forward and postponing two rounds of games was to give fans the best chance to get back into grounds if you listen to certain "agendas" yet sunday there will be tens of thousands of fans locked out of grounds who have paid for the games already, so in reality its not about the fans

Exactly, the Winter Break has been brought forward and the stoppage of the league was happening anyway. But if it makes you and Allan McGregor happy, then it’s also a conspiracy against Rangers. 

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Exactly, the Winter Break has been brought forward and the stoppage of the league was happening anyway. But if it makes you and Allan McGregor happy, then it’s also a conspiracy against Rangers. 

Yeah, the stoppage was happening, but now it's going to be brought forward which in turn will cause the postponement of two rounds of games, 

And it was brought forward to benefit the fans, yet as i have said there will be tens of thousands of fans locked out on Sunday because for some reason the break wasnt brought forward to when the stadium restrictions started, which kinda flies in the fans of doing this for the fans

And who said anything about a conspiracy against rangers? 

5 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Yeah, the stoppage was happening, but now it's going to be brought forward which in turn will cause the postponement of two rounds of games, 

And it was brought forward to benefit the fans, yet as i have said there will be tens of thousands of fans locked out on Sunday because for some reason the break wasnt brought forward to when the stadium restrictions started, which kinda flies in the fans of doing this for the fans

And who said anything about a conspiracy against rangers? 

You really don’t know why Sunday’s matches are being played? It’s in case Rangers and/or Celtic get quite far through the Europa/Conference Leagues and then there would be no free midweeks to play the extra Boxing Day fixtures. The gruesome twosome behind it again.

1 hour ago, big al said:

It's just because there wasn't enough room in the fixture list. The fixtures are what they are now and won't be changed apart from postponements. That's regardless of whether the government relax the rules later than Jan 16th. 

Hopefully it's not long until we get decent numbers back at games