Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 minutes ago, big al said:

I heard that the rangers director voted for this change of the fixtures, just saying.

Well it's him, Gordon from Hibs and the County man on the board. Along with Doncaster and all. Ultimately if 10 out of the 12 clubs wanted it then it makes sense to go ahead with the changes.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You really don’t know why Sunday’s matches are being played? It’s in case Rangers and/or Celtic get quite far through the Europa/Conference Leagues and then there would be no free midweeks to play the extra Boxing Day fixtures. The gruesome twosome behind it again.

So its not for the fans then? 

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Don’t think it’s a secret that Allan McGregor isn’t the brightest, but somebody needs to tell him that there was due to be a winter break anyway, and it’s only been brought forward by 7 days. Great idea by Rangers to put him up to give his statement.

2EFD178E-F69B-4E95-9697-BDFB776DCC6F.jpeg

The "scribes" had McGregor referencing "sporting integrity".  Now, where to begin with someone from l'equipe nouveau having the temerity to call into question this core prerequisite for Scottish football, whilst being one of the TUPE'd players who exercised their employment rights by leaving the carcass of the original (in administration - soon to be liquidated) team that was Rangers Football Club following years of industrial-scale cheating and Tax/National Insurance avoidance.   🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

And a merry Christmas to all P & B contributors

18/18 points in December and 6 clean sheets is about as good as it gets.  Feel robbed we can't keep up the momentum with the duopoly of idiocy that is the SG and SPFL combining to make a mockery of football. 

Boo-fucking-hoo!

On 24/12/2021 at 16:33, kingjoey said:

You really don’t know why Sunday’s matches are being played? It’s in case Rangers and/or Celtic get quite far through the Europa/Conference Leagues and then there would be no free midweeks to play the extra Boxing Day fixtures. The gruesome twosome behind it again.

Rangers were one of only two clubs that wanted all the games played! Absolutely no reason whatsoever to bring winter break forward! Fans will not be back for these games. Fans won’t be back until we’ll into March if at all this season!

Yet again your club sided with Celtic. 

In all seriousness, can someone please explain the sporting integrity argument here? I really don’t get how rangers are hard done by other than they fancied playing at parkhead without fans. 
Rangers want to play games without fans because everyone in Scottish football, (including Rangers as a club) except the Rangers fans, know that the Rangers fans are a hindrance.

In all seriousness, can someone please explain the sporting integrity argument here? I really don’t get how rangers are hard done by other than they fancied playing at parkhead without fans. 
Because Rangers are always hard done by regardless of the situation, you should know this by now.

Rangers have confirmed the B team derby against Celtic at Ibrox on December 31st has been postponed until a later, unknown date because they want a large amount of fans in attendance.

The Govan side have been selling tickets for the encounter in the Scottish Lowland Football League. Tommy McIntyre’s Bhoys will now have to wait until 2022 to play their city rivals.

A statement from the Light Blues said: "Rangers can confirm that the Old Firm B team game scheduled on 31st December has been postponed. 

"Tickets purchased can be retained and used for the revised fixture. A new date will be communicated in due course. 

38C1EE89-CA71-4BF8-ADD6-29A56971A6CD.jpeg

1 hour ago, AB1872 said:

Rangers were one of only two clubs that wanted all the games played! Absolutely no reason whatsoever to bring winter break forward! Fans will not be back for these games. Fans won’t be back until we’ll into March if at all this season!

Yet again your club sided with Celtic. 

If we get crowds in for the next Celtic match at Pittodrie, you will see me and thousands of others in our half and half scarves.

42 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The argument is meant to be 'football is nothing without the fans' - which I get.  However, what we have is a bizarre lash-up where only some games in one league have been postponed and all games in three divisions are unaffected.  You can't have integrity - sporting or otherwise - without consistency and what we have is an illogical and inconsistent policy.

Now i have no idea what the inept SPFL were thinking with their policy of selective postponements - but it certainly couldn't have been done with the best interests of football in mind.  It obviously hasn't been done with public health in mind either.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The argument is meant to be 'football is nothing without the fans' - which I get.  However, what we have is a bizarre lash-up where only some games in one league have been postponed and all games in three divisions are unaffected.  You can't have integrity - sporting or otherwise - without consistency and what we have is an illogical and inconsistent policy.

Now i have no idea what the inept SPFL were thinking with their policy of selective postponements - but it certainly couldn't have been done with the best interests of football in mind.  It obviously hasn't been done with public health in mind either.

The lower leagues have never had a winter break so try again.