Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

No, that's your interpretation of what I am saying. I am simply maintaining that I believe Clancy got his decision wrong at the weekend.

Sorry mate but saying that Livi one is a foul even if it was for Nouble and then maintaining the Morelos one isn’t suggests otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Among who? Rangers fans?

No. I'm basing it on the replies on here on the match thread, pundits and ex-referees. It's been a rather overwhelming view.

Particularly here on P&B where no love is lost for Rangers, it was pretty clear most disagreed with the decision.

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Sorry mate but saying that Livi one is a foul even if it was for Nouble and then maintaining the Morelos one isn’t suggests otherwise. 

I already mentioned if it was a foul on Goldson I disagreed with it. If it was a foul by Nouble, I think having both arms around someone preventing them from challenging for the ball would be a foul in my view.

Even if I was saying that I wanted the benefit of every soft decision (by your definition) to go in our favour, how many football fans do you expect would say differently? We are equally as fickle as each other. The fact that fans would shout louder about a decision perceived to go against them rather than for them is not new and applies to us all.

Edited by AJF

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

They were complaining about a perceived mistake, which is what Michael mentioned. Throw in the other ones I included, then aye, he missed a few it seems.

They were asking why the camera in the Motherwell half wasn’t following the play, and that led to the SFA writing to the broadcasters asking the same question. 

Just now, Drew Brees said:

They were asking why the camera in the Motherwell half wasn’t following the play, and that led to the SFA writing to the broadcasters asking the same question. 

And the others? You are deliberately missing the point here to absolve Celtic of anything. I don't need to spell it out to you what I am getting at, because it's not difficult.

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

Behave. the defender almost had his shirt off his back before fatty 'pushes' him.

Correct, that’s the point I’m making, both at it, both fouling, and the ref looks round and sees , in your words, fatty pushing him and gives the freekick. Could’ve went either way. But to write a letter demanding answers and an apology is glorious. A very strange football club. 

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Correct, that’s the point I’m making, both at it, both fouling, and the ref looks round and sees , in your words, fatty pushing him and gives the freekick. Could’ve went either way. But to write a letter demanding answers and an apology is glorious. A very strange football club. 

Celtic were literally demanding answer son VAR earlier in the season.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Stuff like this is exactly why we’ve ended up with VAR. Absolute virgins who can’t cope with losing a game of football. 

I do agree. As I said before, I don't agree with seeking answers from the SFA and any abuse to Clancy and his family is abhorrent.

I also disliked that Rangers as a club were one of the clubs leading calls for VAR without any consultation. Not that I imagine the consultation would've made any difference.

Unless, of course, you're including me in the virgin category. In which case, I'm not best pleased.

9 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Celtic were literally demanding answer son VAR earlier in the season.

In vars first game, which we won, they asked how the rules were applied concerning the smith handball. Hardly a complaint or demanding an apology. 

23 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Behave. the defender almost had his shirt off his back before fatty 'pushes' him.

You just said you saw a push which is a foul yeah? The referee can’t see AJ’s arm so can’t see or call that so he calls what he sees which is the push by fatty as you eloquently describe. VAR can’t change it as what he calls the foul for isn’t a clear and obvious error.

People don’t have to like it but it’s what we decided to bring into the game

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You just said you saw a push which is a foul yeah? The referee can’t see AJ’s arm so can’t see or call that so he calls what he sees which is the push by fatty as you eloquently describe. VAR can’t change it as what he calls the foul for isn’t a clear and obvious error.

People don’t have to like it but it’s what we decided to bring into the game

No, a push isn't a foul. It's a contact sport. He's literally pushing the guy who's got a handful of his shirt off of him.

I can absolutely see why Clancy thought it was a foul but VAR should be over turning that.

5 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

No, a push isn't a foul. It's a contact sport. He's literally pushing the guy who's got a handful of his shirt off of him.

I can absolutely see why Clancy thought it was a foul but VAR should be over turning that.

A push is a foul if he believes the player got an advantage and considering Morelos scores that is clearly gaining an advantage. And like I said VAR won’t correct it as it isn’t a clear and obvious mistake based on what he called the foul for.

Again you don’t have to like it but that is how it is and how VAR is applied

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

A push is a foul if he believes the player got an advantage and considering Morelos scores that is clearly gaining an advantage. And like I said VAR won’t correct it as it isn’t a clear and obvious mistake based on what he called the foul for.

Morelos scored because Johnstone dived to header the ball and missed it

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It's a clear error. I've not seen one pundit try and defend it. Andy Walker thought it was a nailed on goal FFS.

Just now, AJF said:

Morelos scored because Johnstone dived to header the ball and missed it

Thats your interpretation of it mate and one that is clearly very different to that of AJ, Kevin Clancy, the VAR officials and the SFA themselves as well as quite a few posters on here. In fact you are the only person I’ve seen anywhere to suggest a foul was given because AJ dived to head the ball 😂

I could almost backstroke in the volume of tears because of this incident 

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

It's a clear error. I've not seen one pundit try and defend it. Andy Walker thought it was a nailed on goal FFS.

Andy Walker lol

And pundits don’t operate VAR mate so maybe the first thing to do is understand what VAR can and can’t correct