Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Quick question guys, Obviously yer RB just scored his 100th goal for the club. How many were penalties? Genuine question btw not having a fly wee dig or anything.

52 according to Transfermarkt.

Probably posted elsewhere but couldn't see it anywhere. 

A rap song came out and it was rumoured to be a Premier league footballer, went viral and had everybody guessing who it could be. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-65322327

Nearly 1M views in just over a week is tremendous numbers. Decent song if you're into that genre. 

Had a lot of people trying to work out who it was, seemed to be convential wisdom that it was Eddie Nketiah (which would be hilarious during a title run) but the Twitter detectives have seemingly worked out that it is actually Sheyi Ojo who of course was with us a few years back and scored a belter in the Europa League. Most people seem pretty let down it wasn't a big name but I must say the boy has done a masterful publicity run here. 

Reports circulating that we are close to signing Jack Butland, currently on loan at Man Utd.

Seems like years ago that he was young and highly rated but just seems to have totally dropped off and hardly played at all.

Potentially a good option to have but I’d have been hoping for a more exciting signing.

6 hours ago, AJF said:

Reports circulating that we are close to signing Jack Butland, currently on loan at Man Utd.

Seems like years ago that he was young and highly rated but just seems to have totally dropped off and hardly played at all.

Potentially a good option to have but I’d have been hoping for a more exciting signing.

Butland, after Cantwell, very much suggests youre about to test whether an upperhalf EFL Championship side can win the Scottish Premiership. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Butland, after Cantwell, very much suggests youre about to test whether an upperhalf EFL Championship side can win the Scottish Premiership. 

Butland, Cantwell and Raskin would suggest Beale is looking at guys who showed a lot of promise earlier in their careers and are/were well out of the first team pictures at their respective clubs with a view to signing them for peanuts in the hope he can restore them to their previous form from a few years ago. It’s a very risky approach as it’s not as if they were out the 1st team picture due to Palace, Norwich or Liege being in stunning form.

18 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Butland, Cantwell and Raskin would suggest Beale is looking at guys who showed a lot of promise earlier in their careers and are/were well out of the first team pictures at their respective clubs with a view to signing them for peanuts in the hope he can restore them to their previous form from a few years ago. It’s a very risky approach as it’s not as if they were out the 1st team picture due to Palace, Norwich or Liege being in stunning form.

Raskin is 22 years old and wasn’t playing at Liege as he made it clear he wanted to leave. A bit different to the Cantwell and Butland situation I’d suggest.

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

Raskin is 22 years old and wasn’t playing at Liege as he made it clear he wanted to leave. A bit different to the Cantwell and Butland situation I’d suggest.

He was well out of the first team picture - that was my point. It’s a very unique approach and it may work as there are no examples of this approach having been taken before that I can think of ?

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He was well out of the first team picture - that was my point. It’s a very unique approach and it may work as there are no examples of this approach having been taken before that I can think of ?

Sorry, I thought you were including him in the “showed promise earlier in their career” category too.

He was out of the picture, yes, but it’s not similar to Cantwell or Butland (being down to a drop in form). He played in every league match for Liege until mid November, made it known he wanted to leave, got dropped and we then signed him in January.

These mugs sitting on Crystal Palace/Man U benches are easily on 30k a week I'd guess. Long gong are the days where players "want to play" They'd rather earn the millions.