Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

22 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

So Wilson away - Good bad or indifferent 

Is he away?

Some of the stick that he gets is unreal tbh, the overreaction from some of the fans to the Australian bounce was crazy.

He's brought in a lot of deals and partnerships and probably increased income. 

1 hour ago, Insaintee said:

So Wilson away - Good bad or indifferent 

Uncertain. His recruitment hasn’t really been good enough and he is currently a target for a good portion of the support so his departure may be viewed as a positive but it would be entirely dependant on who we bring in to replace him.

47 minutes ago, bennett said:

Is he away?

Some of the stick that he gets is unreal tbh, the overreaction from some of the fans to the Australian bounce was crazy.

You may be confusing Wilson and Bisgrove here as I’m sure Bisgrove is who handles our marketing and commercial stuff.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Uncertain. His recruitment hasn’t really been good enough and he is currently a target for a good portion of the support so his departure may be viewed as a positive but it would be entirely dependant on who we bring in to replace him.

You may be confusing Wilson and Bisgrove here as I’m sure Bisgrove is who handles our marketing and commercial stuff.

You're right.

7 hours ago, bennett said:

Is he away?

He also brought in Aaron Ramsey. There is no forgiving that.

Wilson to Forest official. Rumours circulating that Robertson will also be stepping down come the end of the season.

If so, that would see a change to 4 of the most senior positions at the club within 6 or 7 months.

9 hours ago, AJF said:

He's clearly working with both hands behind his back in comparison to Celtic.

There's a sense of entitlement with a lot of Rangers fans that means anything other than first should mean everyone should lose their job.

6 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Potential new owners coming in?

I’m not sure. Bennett, who was vice-chairman, has been appointed chairman after Park’s resignation so there is a degree of continuity there so maybe we won’t see wholesale changes.

I’ve no idea though, but it’s a change many fans have been advocating for a while now (if Robertson does indeed follow Wilson out the exit door).

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

He's clearly working with both hands behind his back in comparison to Celtic.

There's a sense of entitlement with a lot of Rangers fans that means anything other than first should mean everyone should lose their job.

I agree to an extent, particularly when you consider we have broken our transfer record twice under Wilson and generated transfer fees that we’ve never brought in before.

However, on the flip side of that, the recruitment has not been able to match this. Even thought it was him who signed Bassey, there aren’t many others that I can see fetching a decent price at the moment that he brought in.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I agree to an extent, particularly when you consider we have broken our transfer record twice under Wilson and generated transfer fees that we’ve never brought in before.

However, on the flip side of that, the recruitment has not been able to match this. Even thought it was him who signed Bassey, there aren’t many others that I can see fetching a decent price at the moment that he brought in.

If reports are to believed, you'd had big offers for Morelos, Kent and Kamara. At least one should have went to fund a rebuild and that's without the benefit of hindsight.

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

If reports are to believed, you'd had big offers for Morelos, Kent and Kamara. At least one should have went to fund a rebuild and that's without the benefit of hindsight.

I agree. But again, it’s more the recruitment side of things I feel let him down rather than the sales.

There aren’t many of his signings you’d give more than a 5 out of 10. Bassey, Tillman, Balogun and Hagi at a push maybe.

For all of them you have another 2 poor signings such as Itten, Simpson, Bacuna, Sands, Zungu, Kamberi, Ramsey, Matondo, Kamberi etc etc.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

I agree. But again, it’s more the recruitment side of things I feel let him down rather than the sales.

There aren’t many of his signings you’d give more than a 5 out of 10. Bassey, Tillman, Balogun and Hagi at a push maybe.

For all of them you have another 2 poor signings such as Itten, Simpson, Bacuna, Sands, Zungu, Kamberi, Ramsey, Matondo, Kamberi etc etc.

Kamberi must have been bad 😂

10 hours ago, bennett said:

How much influence did Wilson have on signings compared with the manager and who had the final say?

I don't think we signed one player Gio wanted or had asked for. 

Did we not make a profit on Bacuna in the end? @AJF

10 hours ago, AJF said:

Wilson to Forest official. Rumours circulating that Robertson will also be stepping down come the end of the season.

If so, that would see a change to 4 of the most senior positions at the club Company within 6 or 7 months.

FIFY