Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Thats your interpretation of it mate and one that is clearly very different to that of AJ, Kevin Clancy, the VAR officials and the SFA themselves as well as quite a few posters on here. In fact you are the only person I’ve seen anywhere to suggest a foul was given because AJ dived to head the ball 😂

I could almost backstroke in the volume of tears because of this incident 

I never said that’s why a foul was given, I said that’s why Morelos scored - he missed the ball.

As I said before, it’s a minority view that a foul was committed and the goal should’ve been disallowed.

Your claims that the referee and SFA believe it was a foul bears no weight considering the amount of times you’ve disagreed with decisions this season.

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

I do agree. As I said before, I don't agree with seeking answers from the SFA and any abuse to Clancy and his family is abhorrent.

I also disliked that Rangers as a club were one of the clubs leading calls for VAR without any consultation. Not that I imagine the consultation would've made any difference.

Unless, of course, you're including me in the virgin category. In which case, I'm not best pleased.

It’s a general point, it applies beyond the old firm. We’re talking about a fairly marginal decision being used as the reason for a result going one way. 

A ref being sent death threats, a club happy for their own failings to be deflected onto a referees mistake. 

We absolutely sleepwalked into thinking VAR was a worthwhile investment. 

And I couldn’t possibly comment on your sexuality. If you are, I’m sure it’s because you’ve chosen to wait for the right person. 

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

VAR could easily tell the referee to go watch that decision on the monitor.

They could if they felt it was a clear and obvious error which they clearly didn’t. This shouldn’t be hard to understand and bear in mind the final decision is the refs and he can say no and stand by his original call.

I thought we were all against VAR refereeing matches which is what you seem to be advocating for here? 

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

I never said that’s why a foul was given, I said that’s why Morelos scored - he missed the ball.

As I said before, it’s a minority view that a foul was committed and the goal should’ve been disallowed.

Your claims that the referee and SFA believe it was a foul bears no weight considering the amount of times you’ve disagreed with decisions this season.

I have disagreed with many decisions yes and I’d guess probably close to 100% of those are to do with the application of the handball laws and how inconsistent this seems to be but I’m far from being alone in my bemusement at some of these both for and against us may I add

Edited by Jinky67

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s a general point, it applies beyond the old firm. We’re talking about a fairly marginal decision being used as the reason for a result going one way. 

A ref being sent death threats, a club happy for their own failings to be deflected onto a referees mistake. 

We absolutely sleepwalked into thinking VAR was a worthwhile investment. 

And I couldn’t possibly comment on your sexuality. If you are, I’m sure it’s because you’ve chosen to wait for the right person. 

The bottom line is that Kevin Clancy didn’t cost them the result. The mistakes made by James Tavernier, Ben Davies, John Souttar and Allan McGregor did. That seems to be getting brushed over though 

Edited by Jinky67

The bottom line is that Kevin Clancy didn’t cost them the result. The mistakes made by James Tavernier, Ben Davies, John Souttar and Allan McGregor did. That seems to be getting brushed over though 

That’s really not the bottom line of the point I was making, but you do you jinky. 

I have disagreed with many decisions yes and I’d guess probably close to 100% of those are to do with the application of the handball laws and how inconsistent this seems to be but I’m far from being alone in my bemusement at some of these  

I never said you were alone, just pointing out that using the stance that the referee deemed it a foul and the SFA agreed as some kind of definitive evidence that it was a foul is futile.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I never said you were alone, just pointing out that using the stance that the referee deemed it a foul and the SFA agreed as some kind of definitive evidence that it was a foul is futile.

How is it futile if fundamentally they are the decision makers or what in your opinion is definitive evidence? 

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

How is it futile if fundamentally they are the decision makers or what in your opinion is definitive evidence? 

I am meaning that it is futile that you are using it as definitive evidence that decision is correct when you have disagreed with plenty decisions made by officials this season. If you are implying that any decision made by an official is accurate then you concede that you've been wrong to criticise any decision made in the past this season.

27 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

They could if they felt it was a clear and obvious error which they clearly didn’t. This shouldn’t be hard to understand and bear in mind the final decision is the refs and he can say no and stand by his original call.

I thought we were all against VAR refereeing matches which is what you seem to be advocating for here? 

Nice strawman there.

Did you see what happened with the Brighton game this weekend? VAR makes errors, funnily enough.

7 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Nice strawman there.

Did you see what happened with the Brighton game this weekend? VAR makes errors, funnily enough.

It does yes because VAR is still operated by people and that degree of subjectivity is still in play.

The difference between the 2 is they looked at the Brighton one again and the PGMOL agreed it was wrong, that isn’t the case here where the referees onfield decision has been looked at again and he has been backed by our governing body. They could easily have said no this one was wrong but they seem to be staunchly defending the decision (pun intended)

I’ve already said it’s soft but I can understand why it has been given too. It’s a situation where a case is easily made for both

Edited by Jinky67

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

I am meaning that it is futile that you are using it as definitive evidence that decision is correct when you have disagreed with plenty decisions made by officials this season. If you are implying that any decision made by an official is accurate then you concede that you've been wrong to criticise any decision made in the past this season.

So I’ll ask again what is definitive evidence?

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So I’ll ask again what is definitive evidence?

There is none. It's subjective and no matter how hard you or I try to convince each other, we both have separate opinions and we both feel the other person is wrong in their view.

I've put my reasons across as to why I don't believe it was a foul and you've done the same for holding an opposing view.

Edited by AJF