Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

25 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Know nothing about the player and I appreciate our rebuild will require free transfers but the whole "mystery illness" long term contract aspect is a little bit uninspiring. 

This is a fear of mine. We've got a habit of trying to fix players that haven't lived up to potential. 

For every Cantwell we're gonna have a few jobbers. 

Genuine question:   Are you convinced by Cantwell?  I’ve seen him score one worldy and otherwise look hapless, but that’s only going by Sportscene highlights.

40 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

For every jobber you’re going to have a few more jobbers? Cool. 

I probably should have used Tav as the example but even with that I'm sure people would go with that patter...

32 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Genuine question:   Are you convinced by Cantwell?  I’ve seen him score one worldy and otherwise look hapless, but that’s only going by Sportscene highlights.

I'm more than convinced he's good enough to do well for Rangers in this league. 

Highlights probably don't do him justice as he does sometimes lose the ball when trying to do a quick pass or skin someone when he doesn't need to but other than that he's actually quite smart in possession over the course of a game. I think most Rangers fan have become accustomed to a possession based style with Kamara, Jack and Lundstram being industrious without being adventurous, he certainly adds an attractive forward thinking playstyle and even though he's prone to get stuck in recklessly he does put in a defensive shift which i didn't think he would. All in all he's definitely a good addition for us and I can see him either continously thriving or being one of those purple patch players. There's no question there's a player in there. 

40 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He looks fantastic. Socks down as far as possible with the tiny shin pads, hairband, struts about thinking he's always the best player on the pitch. What could go wrong?

2 hours ago, RuMoore said:

Know nothing about the player and I appreciate our rebuild will require free transfers but the whole "mystery illness" long term contract aspect is a little bit uninspiring. 

Nah can’t say I’d heard of him until yesterday. You’d hope they have a bit of budget there looking to invest in 2 or 3 players of known quality.

I think the number of players we will see leaving probably requires a few lower budget squad fillers.

On 11/05/2023 at 19:45, kingjoey said:

He looks fantastic. Socks down as far as possible with the tiny shin pads, hairband, struts about thinking he's always the best player on the pitch. What could go wrong?

Joey Barton Light

So if the **** hate him and the **** will hate him over time then ****** the *** of ***** ** and then ****** think **** *** * **** who else **** ******** **** him, know that I mean?

20 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Something going on at Murray Park?

Rumours of a Souness takeover, no players at training either.

Whats this? I'm at work and some sort of Rangers implosion would certainly ease the passing of my day.....

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whats this? I'm at work and some sort of Rangers implosion would certainly ease the passing of my day.....

Just got shown messages from a colleague, who's friend works at the club.

Something to do with a board meeting, no players at training and Souness on location.

Aye, seems like fabrication and wild rumours. I doubt there will be any substance to it.

However, you never know. I’d be wary in appointing him to any DOF or similar role given how long he has been out the game, so to speak.