Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

6 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

English and Northern Irish flags at Ibrox?

Agreed; it's idiotic.

6 hours ago, Tartantony said:

I have to agree with Lichtie here. It's disgusting behaviour to fly that flag at a Scottish football stadium. I'm also not a fan of us flying Ireland flags either tbh. It's 2017, can 100,000 Scottish football fans not fly a Scotland flag and support Scotland ffs?

Why should clubs be flying any nations flags? Leave that for international games. 

5 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Of course you do. There are 92 clubs in the 4 English leagues and never once have I seen a stadium full of UFs. Yet you go to Ibrox and it's full of them.

You use it as a means to say "look at us we are fucking British and proud of our union"

I can guarantee you that if Celtic didn't exist you wouldn't give a f**k about the Union. It's only a thing because Celtic have the Irish connection. It's fucking wierd. At least we have a legit reason to fly an Irish flag

Why don't you see Dundee Utd and Hibs constantly banging on about their Irish roots?

19 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Point we're making is that it's there, in their history, if they choose to do so.
What's Rangers excuse?

Again, far be it for me to fight Rangers' corner, but I'm pretty sure they've always been British.

32 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Unlike any other uk club, what's their excuse for their voracious rimming of British imperialism?

:lol: I like voracious rimming; the phrase, not necessarily the act.

I'm guessing they've got it as their gimmick to oppose Celtic's Irish gimmick. I don't know and I don't particularly care. I just joined in as I thought it was a tad hypocritical of Celtic fans trying to slag Rangers fans for basically doing the same thing as they do. 

I just joined in as I thought it was a tad hypocritical of Celtic/Rangers fans trying to slag Rangers/Celtic fans for basically doing the same thing as they do. 

Old firm gonna Old firm.

:lol: I like voracious rimming; the phrase, not necessarily the act.
I'm guessing they've got it as their gimmick to oppose Celtic's Irish gimmick. I don't know and I don't particularly care. I just joined in as I thought it was a tad hypocritical of Celtic fans trying to slag Rangers fans for basically doing the same thing as they do. 

You're correct in a way. Rangers are basically a pantomime villain for Celtic fc.
There really is no real substance for their voracious rimming of British imperialism.
Celtic fc links to Ireland isn't so much of a gimmick, as its part of their formation and is largely inspired by that relationship between Scots and Irish, hence the name.

31 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

You're correct in a way. Rangers are basically a pantomime villain for Celtic fc.
There really is no real substance for their voracious rimming of British imperialism.
Celtic fc links to Ireland isn't so much of a gimmick, as its part of their formation and is largely inspired by that relationship between Scots and Irish, hence the name.

What is the substance behind Celtics rimming of militant Irish republicanism? There is more to being Irish than shouting "up the ra" you know 

2 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

They're just bawbags.

Also in terms of support Celtic are nowhere near as popular amongs the Republic of Ireland population as they like to think . Didn't Liverpool completely outnumber the Celtic allocation at a friendly match in Dublin ?