Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

19 minutes ago, Ross. said:

He was one of those who voted/spoke out against having another look at title stripping. Not exactly a “Sevco moonhowler” or obviously biased against Rangers.

Not true, the SFA after bringing in expert legal advice concluded that it was impossible to reopen any title stripping enquiry. If they could have...

The guys comments made his independent position at the SFA untenable.

Out of respect for my big pals from Belgrade I've changed my avatar from the flag of David ben-Gurion to the flag of Slobodan Milošević.
I wonder if I'll still get the same number of PMs.

Probably just about the thread your posting quiz stuff in...

40 minutes ago, Ross. said:

He was one of those who voted/spoke out against having another look at title stripping. Not exactly a “Sevco moonhowler” or obviously biased against Rangers.

From that point of view Rangers fans should be careful what they wish for. The whole financial meltdown, liquidation and restart in the 4th tier happened with the authorities loaded with Rangers minded individuals. Perhaps “unconscious bias” there let the club slip further down the path they followed than others would have allowed. Might have saved a whole lot of banter in the process...

I think it's an object lesson in in the old 'be careful in what you say on the way up' trope - especially in this era of super-sensitive fans fandans who take slight at every opportunity.

This is why I am so circumspect in my P&B posts.  I'd not want anything I posted to become ammunition if I'm ever asked to be an independent SFA director.

Oh right.  Strange way to talk about us.
Anyway, it is fucking pathetic that Gary Hughes feels the need to resign over a quip made 12 years ago - but that's the current climate in Scottish football.  We have a leadership vacuum at the top in both the SFA and the SPFL so, in the absence of anyone with either nous or balls, we give in to the rabble and are governed by gossip, rumour, sweety-wifery and the offended.
I feel a touch of embarrassment that our fans have played a part in Hughes' resignation.  We should, really, be more broad-shouldered than this.  The Scottish football zeitgeist, though, mitigates against this.

Good post sir.

On 6/3/2018 at 14:33, wastecoatwilly said:

The diversity of our fan base is one of our strengths.

Diversity?  In the sane world it means many people from different backgrounds.  On Planet Sellick it means the same people acting like c***s in diverse parts of Glasgow.

Edited by The_Kincardine

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Oh right.  Strange way to talk about us.

Anyway, it is fucking pathetic that Gary Hughes feels the need to resign over a quip made 12 years ago - but that's the current climate in Scottish football.  We have a leadership vacuum at the top in both the SFA and the SPFL so, in the absence of anyone with either nous or balls, we give in to the rabble and are governed by gossip, rumour, sweety-wifery and the offended.

I feel a touch of embarrassment that our fans have played a part in Hughes' resignation.  We should, really, be more broad-shouldered than this.  The Scottish football zeitgeist, though, militates against this.

Its easier to say SS that type it all out TBH (to be honest).  Good to see you agree though.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Diversity?  In the sane world it means many people from different backgrounds.  On Planet Sellick it means the same people acting like c***s in diverse parts of Glasgow.

The celtic way.... Classless but expected.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Not true, the SFA after bringing in expert legal advice concluded that it was impossible to reopen any title stripping enquiry. If they could have...

The guys comments made his independent position at the SFA untenable.

The power struggle continues but your tin magic hat is showing.
Image result for tin hat rangers  fan

See this is why the SFA and sfpl are staffed by compete belters. Anyone even slightly linked with one of the evil stepsister gets hounded out and we end up with diddies from east Fife running the game.

See this is why the SFA and sfpl are staffed by compete belters. Anyone even slightly linked with one of the evil stepsister gets hounded out and we end up with diddies from east Fife running the game.

As opposed to belters from the Glasgow Bigots plc franchises? I know who I’d prefer

As opposed to belters from the Glasgow Bigots plc franchises? I know who I’d prefer
My point was, they've driven out a guy who could very well have been good at his job, based in something he said 12 years ago. We keep doing that, we won't ever get anywhere.

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

The small country small mentality syndrome, Mr Petrie and Mr McRae still have skeletons in the closet .

Edited by wastecoatwilly

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The small country small mentality Mr Petrie and Mr McRae still have skeletons in the closet .

Because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean to say that they’re not after you.

10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Anybody that had a hand in appointing McLeish EBT is not fit for purpose, the SFA decision makers are holding the game in this country in the dark ages.

The only people that are holding Scottish football in the dark ages are both Celtic and Rangers. As I’ve said before, if Scottish football can get rid of these two, it will flourish. The only problem is finding a football association that would take them on.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The only people that are holding Scottish football in the dark ages are both Celtic and Rangers. As I’ve said before, if Scottish football can get rid of these two, it will flourish. The only problem is finding a football association that would take them on.

Don't need to get rid of them, just have a voting system that doesn't allow them a joint-veto. Had the chance to get that when Rangers were in the twighlight zone. I never understood why the other clubs didn't grab the opportunity

12 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Don't need to get rid of them, just have a voting system that doesn't allow them a joint-veto. Had the chance to get that when Rangers were in the twighlight zone. I never understood why the other clubs didn't grab the opportunity

Maybe there's a club in the Premiership who would have teamed up with Celtic to vote against it? (in Rangers' absence).;.....