Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Doesn’t hurt but it certainly is tedious.

We’ve got a GASL in charge, we don’t have a proper banking facility, he doesn’t have a UK banking facility to comply with Court rulings, we’ve two Directors resigned, we’ve overpaid Mexican alcoholics on the wage bill and I could go on...

And the best you can come up with is standard Yer Da patter - ‘yer club died’?

Cmon. I know it’s not Mensa in here at times but there’s surely no shortage of current ammunition if you’re feeling like you want a pop at us?

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

yer club died

Hate to play devils advocate here so Tin (not Tim) hat firmly on.

It would be pretty pathetic for any club with the resource rangers do to just lie down and say we will never ever catch Celtic and 2nd is fine.

There is clearly a balance to be struck between the idea that rangers have to be the best in the land (nonsense) and that simply being a target.

4 hours ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

"yer club died" is quite easily the worst thing that can be thrown at your sorry lot because you're the ones who sat and just watched it happen while everyone else watched and laughed.

Everything that has happened since has been a good laugh, but nothing will be as funny as your lot going under. So "yer club died" will continue to be the thing that gets brought up.

I cry every time someone says Sevco, it's just so upsetting....

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Quoted by mistake.

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

Don’t believe the hype.

You won’t challenge for the league this year. Accept it and move on.  You will be happier.

I’m not sure that Barker is the standard required to challenge for second, but the other two are.

You guys make more of the challenging aspect than we do tbf, considering all that happened last season I was fairly happy.

Think positive.

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It would be pretty pathetic for any club with the resource rangers do to just lie down and say we will never ever catch Celtic and 2nd is fine.

There is clearly a balance to be struck between the idea that rangers have to be the best in the land (nonsense) and that simply being a target.

Agree that they should aspire to catch Celtic, it's just the attitude that they are entitled to catch Celtic because they are Rangers that is so off-putting.  They aren't entitled to anything but if they work hard and come up with a coherent plan they they absolutely could catch Celtic, but it's not some sort of god-given right that they be at the top.

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Agree that they should aspire to catch Celtic, it's just the attitude that they are entitled to catch Celtic because they are Rangers that is so off-putting.  They aren't entitled to anything but if they work hard and come up with a coherent plan they they absolutely could catch Celtic, but it's not some sort of god-given right that they be at the top.

Celtic fan complaining about a sense of entitlement........

16 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

A sensible and welcomed post.

We'll probably win the league though still. 

16 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Historically we are the bigger and better team, understandably people that have grown up watching that be the case expect it to still be the case when we're fully back on our feet.  I don't know anyone that has the entitlement simply "because we're Rangers" it's more because we're used to being the superior club in a rivalry.. it's also not unrealistic as you've said for us to catch up with celtc so I wouldn't be surprised that a lot of people expect it to happen.  I think it's probably worth noting that celtc are doing exceptionally well for themselves right now, they did well to get Rodgers so the sense of entitlement is probably more apparent because people aren't used to celtc being so well run and consistent, i'm not sure if it'll be a case of Rangers getting their act together or just celtc falling apart that will restore the natural order that we're all more used to. 

36 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Historically we are the bigger and better team, understandably people that have grown up watching that be the case expect it to still be the case when we're fully back on our feet.  I don't know anyone that has the entitlement simply "because we're Rangers" it's more because we're used to being the superior club in a rivalry.. it's also not unrealistic as you've said for us to catch up with celtc so I wouldn't be surprised that a lot of people expect it to happen.  I think it's probably worth noting that celtc are doing exceptionally well for themselves right now, they did well to get Rodgers so the sense of entitlement is probably more apparent because people aren't used to celtc being so well run and consistent, i'm not sure if it'll be a case of Rangers getting their act together or just celtc falling apart that will restore the natural order that we're all more used to. 

That's pish.  Choose any period from the last War until today and you could hardly describe Rangers as the bigger and better team.   

Anybody starting watching in the mid-60s saw Celtic win 29 leagues to Rangers 20 and Celtic with the European Cup.  Anyone starting after the Premier began in the mid-70s saw 20 Celtic wins to 19 by Rangers. 

Only someone joining the fun from the start of Rangers' 9IAR run could claim that Rangers were the bigger and better side.  Of course, that Rangers club is dead now so it's all moot.

And none of this 'big team found' stuff - it's just the facts. mam.

Rangers' only recent period of significant dominance over Celtic came as a result of cheating, did it not? A vile organisation whose passing nobody regrets.

2 minutes ago, nsr said:

Rangers' only recent period of significant dominance over Celtic came as a result of cheating, did it not?

Well, the most recent period of significant dominance was the Walter Smith 3 in a row era.  Were Rangers even spending more money on transfers and weekly salaries at that point? Not sure if they were. And they certainly weren't cheating.

17 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Well, the most recent period of significant dominance was the Walter Smith 3 in a row era.  Were Rangers even spending more money on transfers and weekly salaries at that point? Not sure if they were. And they certainly weren't cheating.

Well half his team had dual contracts so I think you're wrong.