Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

For the 2018–19 season, group stage participation in the Europa League awarded a base fee of €2.920,000. A victory in the group pays €570,000 and a draw €190,000. 

14 million for the Europa? I was under the impression being in the group was a sub 5 mill Job.

You'd be getting about £5m from the qualifiers/ group qualification/ results in the group. That's before gate receipts and tv revenue. I'd say £15m would be a decent estimate of total revenue for Rangers

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, Celtic regressing massively since the invincible season has made Gerrard's Rangers look far better than they actually are.  

This happens every few years. One team or another peak then slowly regress to the pack. 

It would be better when a team peaks the rest of Scottish football improved greatly to meet them.

Rangers are a better team now than Warburtons but not by as great a distance that some believe 

3 hours ago, Tartantony said:
6 hours ago, Romeo said:
What a belter.Screenshot_20181220-095006.thumb.jpg.5c2a169d4a44d93c6e55a2193c3cb081.jpg

To be fair, there's not much wrong with that

You're not really getting this Sevco lark, are you..

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mark Warburtons final season, after 18 games?

10 wins and 35pts..

They're definitely better under Gerrard though.

We forget about 14 games in Europe tho, classic random pie...

Edited by bennett
Autocorrect thingy.

59 minutes ago, bennett said:

We forget about 14 games in Europe tho, classic random pie...

Ok.

Preliminary round: €220,000
First qualifying round: €240,000
Second qualifying round: €260,000
Third qualifying round: €280,000

You do the matches and get back to me about how much prize money Rangers have earned.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ok.

Preliminary round: €220,000
First qualifying round: €240,000
Second qualifying round: €260,000
Third qualifying round: €280,000

You do the matches and get back to me about how much prize money Rangers have earned.

Go back and check the post of yours that I quoted.

5 hours ago, Tartantony said:
7 hours ago, Romeo said:
14 million for the Europa? I was under the impression being in the group was a sub 5 mill Job.

You'd be getting about £5m from the qualifiers/ group qualification/ results in the group. That's before gate receipts and tv revenue. I'd say £15m would be a decent estimate of total revenue for Rangers

I'd say it's a ludicrously fanciful estimate.

36 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The prize money will have totalled under £5m.  There won't have been £10m on top of that.

Im guessing it wont be too far away if you think they sold 50000 tickets at say 25 quid a pop. Thats 1.25 million a home game. Add in about 200 grand per point and TV money

42 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Im guessing it wont be too far away if you think they sold 50000 tickets at say 25 quid a pop. Thats 1.25 million a home game. Add in about 200 grand per point and TV money

The points were already factored into the prize money.  They didn't stack up that many in the later part.

They only had six home games and the gate receipts wouldn't equate to pure profit.  Staging matches costs money too.

When people talk about CL money, it's clearly obscene, owing to the fact that £20m+ is just handed out by UEFA.  Here, the comparable figure would be the one that's scarcely a quarter of that.

The prize money will have totalled under £5m.  There won't have been £10m on top of that.
I have it at around £5m in prize money and gate receipts would easily be about 7.5m+. Add on tv revenue and sponsorship etc I'd say £15m is a decent estimate. That's revenue, not profit.

3 hours ago, Tartantony said:

I have it at around £5m in prize money and gate receipts would easily be about 7.5m+. Add on tv revenue and sponsorship etc I'd say £15m is a decent estimate. That's revenue, not profit.

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:

genuine question. how is the ticket money split in european game's? is it 50/50 like domestic cup games or do the home team keep their home gates?

16.67% of the gate has to be split with the VATman first. I guess this also applies to prize money.

On 11/25/2018 at 23:02, The_Kincardine said:

3 league games in Nov and 3 wins.  Well done us.  December is going to be a long month.  League fixtures remaining are:

26/12/2018 15:00 Rangers v Hibernian
29/12/2018 15:00 Rangers v Celtic

How many points would be realistic?  I'd say 15 at most.

Referencing my November post.  I set 15 points as an optimistic target and we've gained 11 to date.  We've a tough fixture coming up preceded by a game against Hibs.  The optimist in me still thinks we're on for 15 pts.

Referencing my November post.  I set 15 points as an optimistic target and we've gained 11 to date.  We've a tough fixture coming up preceded by a game against Hibs.  The optimist in me still thinks we're on for 15 pts.

Quite liked that dig at the hibees so have a Charles.