Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Don't really know much anything about this young guy.

Updated: 7th March 2019, 10:31 pm
RANGERS are poised to snap up Motherwell starlet Jake Hastie on a four-year deal.
SunSport can reveal the Ibrox side are close to tying up Hastie, 19, on a pre-contract.

Well had hoped to hold on to their highly-rated wide man, whose deal is up this summer, and had made their best offer to keep him.

But Gers boss Steven Gerrard has moved swiftly to entice the player, who has burst on to the scene in stunning fashion during 2019.

If the deal is completed it’s likely that Liverpool legend Gerrard’s presence in the Ibrox dugout will have been the decisive factor.

But Well won’t be left out of pocket if the move goes ahead

Hastie has been in the club’s academy since 2009, meaning Well will be due a chunky development fe

10 hours ago, bennett said:

Don't really know much anything about this young guy.

Updated: 7th March 2019, 10:31 pm
RANGERS are poised to snap up Motherwell starlet Jake Hastie on a four-year deal.
SunSport can reveal the Ibrox side are close to tying up Hastie, 19, on a pre-contract.

Well had hoped to hold on to their highly-rated wide man, whose deal is up this summer, and had made their best offer to keep him.

But Gers boss Steven Gerrard has moved swiftly to entice the player, who has burst on to the scene in stunning fashion during 2019.

If the deal is completed it’s likely that Liverpool legend Gerrard’s presence in the Ibrox dugout will have been the decisive factor.

But Well won’t be left out of pocket if the move goes ahead

Hastie has been in the club’s academy since 2009, meaning Well will be due a chunky development fe

He's just a shite Nicky Law...

In all honestly, very few know that much about him because he's only played about 15 times for the first team for Motherwell.  He's got plenty of potential, no doubt, but will he fulfil that at Rangers where game time (for the first two years at least) will be limited, you'd imagine?  He's not better than Candeias, Kent, Murphy.  Even a guy like Middleton will be miles ahead of him in terms of development.

I have no issues with players leaving Motherwell for more money, to bigger clubs. For the guy to go from £400 a week to £4000 a week (with a nice wee signing on fee) will be life changing, so it's certainly easy to see why he can't turn it down. 

Will he develop into the player that many think?  I suppose we'll just need to wait and see.  My view is that it is a year too soon for him.

Edited by Desp

Trying to claim Gerrard was the deciding factor, and not the fact they're multiplying his wages by at least ten.

On 3/6/2019 at 20:37, The_Kincardine said:

A delightful video which I know all the right-minded posters on P&B will warm to.  Social media at its best.

Unemployment is hitting David hard.

He looks like a chunky,midget, alcaholic version of John Barrowman.......... 

10 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Wee Fredo signed a new contract.

I wonder what his release clause is. 

I suppose it's a win-win if Rangers have got a sizeable fee in there, and Morelos gets a short-term wage rise before his move in the summer.

Realistically, Ramgers should be looking at £15m odd this Summer. His red card record is the only blemish. 

I'd rather him than Dembele, but Dembele had Champions League goals on his CV.

On 06/03/2019 at 20:37, The_Kincardine said:

A delightful video which I know all the right-minded posters on P&B will warm to.  Social media at its best.

I cant quite grasp how Sevco are allowed to display the championship winning flags from a different entity? Did they buy them as part of the fire sale?

Also, wee Alex McDonald  looks like all the cheap vodka is getting to him..................

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You can buy history, didn't you know that? The 5 way agreement in 2012 said so. *poorly stifled snigger*

If I ever have a spare pound I might offer to buy St Johnstone's history. Or Maybe Rolls Royce. Or Portugal's.

Sevco must have appreciated this 5 way scam greatly, they even commemorate it with stars on their jerseys. 

Realistically, Ramgers should be looking at £15m odd this Summer.

[emoji23]

I'd rather him than Dembele

Dembele scored 5 goals v rangers as well as CL goals v PSG, Man City and Gladbach, scored in CL qualifiers and was part of a double treble winning team. The biggest team Morelos has scored against is Aberdeen.

4 hours ago, Desp said:

I wonder what his release clause is. 

I suppose it's a win-win if Rangers have got a sizeable fee in there, and Morelos gets a short-term wage rise before his move in the summer.

That's pretty-much it.  This isn't a signal that Alfie will stay longer.

Dembele scored 5 goals v rangers as well as CL goals v PSG, Man City and Gladbach, scored in CL qualifiers and was part of a double treble winning team. The biggest team Morelos has scored against is Aberdeen.

He has scored 2 hat tricks this season against the Jug Jug too.