Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 hours ago, printer said:

McDonald was always a horrible wee man.

Fuxace, printesse.  I'd have expected better from you.

Doddie was the apotheosis of the 'box to box' Scottish, ginger midfielder who ran the opposition ragged and would pop up with the odd goal or three.

From the late 60s (when I started watching Rangers) to the late 70s (when his legs were gone) Alex MacDonald was an absolute delight.

Edit:  Which games in which Doddy played did you especially enjoy?

Edited by The_Kincardine

Poor outcome for us last night.  We just could not put the provincial dross away so that's the league campaign over.

All for 'strict liability' though.  Decent clubs like Rangers and Celtic need to be protected from the pond-life who ruin games by throwing bottles or running on to the pitch to confront players.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Poor outcome for us last night.  We just could not put the provincial dross away so that's the league campaign over.

All for 'strict liability' though.  Decent clubs like Rangers and Celtic need to be protected from the pond-life who ruin games by throwing bottles or running on to the pitch to confront players.

f**k me, were going to need a bigger boat. 

We were never going to get anywhere near them this season Kinc. The signs are there in short bursts when sometimes we look pretty decent on the ball but still woefully naive and fragile at times. Feel certain that SG will see this project out though. It’s clear more than ever that we need to start again in building a defence that can truly work together, then have another go.

37 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

As a Scottish football fan I'm so grateful that we've got a real title race at last.

If Celtic beat Aberdeen this weekend, then the gap between Celtic and Rangers after 29 games will be larger than at the same stage last year.

That's despite Celtic being horrendous for spells this season and losing a manager.

Gerrard clearly doing a great job though.

They've one more point than last season, and one less win.

#Progres

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

We were never going to get anywhere near them this season Kinc. The signs are there in short bursts when sometimes we look pretty decent on the ball but still woefully naive and fragile at times. Feel certain that SG will see this project out though. It’s clear more than ever that we need to start again in building a defence that can truly work together, then have another go.

Aye keep having a go, Boab. That’ll be nice :)

22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Realistically, Ramgers should be looking at £15m odd this Summer. His red card record is the only blemish. 

I'd rather him than Dembele, but Dembele had Champions League goals on his CV.

I'd rather have Griffiths than the buffalo but nobody would pay £15 million for either. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Really ? I think you are talking a wee bit of shite mate. Griffiths is finished.

Your post is purely about getting Kinci or Bennett to bite just like most of your posts. 

Griffiths has a 1 in 2 goals record anywhere hes been plus hes only 28 far from finished.
Nobody will tame the buffalo.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Griffiths has a 1 in 2 goals record anywhere hes been plus hes only 28 far from finished.
Nobody will tame the buffalo.

He never had 1 in 2 for Wolves or indeed Scotland so I am right you are talking shite.

Hopefully he gets himself sorted out and can start playing football again.

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 19:40, The_Kincardine said:

Except it makes no difference to us.  We're 8 points adrift with 11 games to go.  I could be appointed Celtic's manager to the end of the season and they will still win the league...

I have my doubts...

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He never had 1 in 2 for Wolves or indeed Scotland so I am right you are talking shite.

Hopefully he gets himself sorted out and can start playing football again.

I'm sure he was top goalscorer at wolves at one point plus scoring against En-garland twice counts double. 

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf Neil Lennon has Hibs in 8th place and will guide Celtic to the title. I think any of us could win the league as Celtic manager.

His backroom staff ie. Kennedy and Duff are hardly inspiring either.

Not if we're not Celtic minded, we wouldn't...