Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Gerrard telling the press that he's 'concerned' and can't find a single positive from last night's game.  

In what way does such a statement help a team or encourage its fans? Does it not just serve to highlight his own failings?  I don't quite understand...

A complete mug- but they'll not sack him. 

Edited by Nutz_the_Squirrel

On 02/03/2019 at 23:22, RedRob72 said:

Hardly comparable, they were close to the wire, but didn’t suffer the ignominy of actually going bust, weren’t liquidated, dropped into the bottom tier or lose almost their *entire squad.

(*which in itself perhaps makes our current resurgence as a Football Club even more remarkable)

That resurgence though....

tenor-2.gif

2 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Gerrard telling the press that he's 'concerned' and can't find a single positive from last night's game.  

In what way does such a statement help a team or encourage its fans? Does it not just serve to highlight his own failings?  I don't quite understand...

If he came out and said that the opposite then he'd get the utter piss ripped out of him.

Dons second is similar to Hibs equaliser last week.  Back 4 all over the shop.  No one in midfield tracking runners and getting back - scary really how the Dons forwards simply ran past them all.  One simple pass and the Dons had players queuing up to score.

As for the £20m Morelos.  The guy is a cheating diver with a habit for off the ball violence.  How you can possibly rate him at £40m, have a word.  The child-like 'aye but Celtic had a player worth £20m...' isn't really an argument for valuing him at £60m.....

Keep believing the lies guys, you have done for some time.  The banter goes on, you just cant help yourselves.

Dons second is similar to Hibs equaliser last week.  Back 4 all over the shop.  No one in midfield tracking runners and getting back - scary really how the Dons forwards simply ran past them all.  One simple pass and the Dons had players queuing up to score.
As for the £20m Morelos.  The guy is a cheating diver with a habit for off the ball violence.  How you can possibly rate him at £40m, have a word.  The child-like 'aye but Celtic had a player worth £20m...' isn't really an argument for valuing him at £60m.....
Keep believing the lies guys, you have done for some time.  The banter goes on, you just cant help yourselves.

You just trebled his value within a paragraph.

Morelos won't get that high a fee from anyone because anyone who's watched him won't want a liability like him in their team. Morelos will likely try and force his way out for a lesser fee, and then be absolutely shite when that doesn't work out for him, or Rangers will accept that lesser fee. Either way, it'll be very funny.

7 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

he is a moron. really out his depth when having to think

7 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Genuinely puzzled by your comments here, those comments seem pretty honest to me. I haven't heard his comments so I don't know if I'm reading it out of context but that quote is fine.

16 hours ago, bennett said:

Genuinely puzzled by your comments here, those comments seem pretty honest to me. I haven't heard his comments so I don't know if I'm reading it out of context but that quote is fine.

Slippy has had his moments where he has been a complete fuckwit since arriving in Scotland, but shock horror here (might want to bookmark this Bennett) but I'm going to agree with you.

I thought his post match comments were honest for once in my opinion, and whislt it might not do much for players morale I think he is right and was honest enough for once to say that the better team won on the night and no nonsense of blaming referre conspiracies or the likes

Morelos won't get that high a fee from anyone because anyone who's watched him won't want a liability like him in their team. Morelos will likely try and force his way out for a lesser fee, and then be absolutely shite when that doesn't work out for him, or Rangers will accept that lesser fee. Either way, it'll be very funny.

Whilst I am of the belief that Morelos has great potential and will end up playing at a good level I agree with you and think, if he does move this summer, it’ll be to someone like a Burnley or Bournemouth for around £7m.

3 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Whilst I am of the belief that Morelos has great potential and will end up playing at a good level I agree with you and think, if he does move this summer, it’ll be to someone like a Burnley or Bournemouth for around £7m.

I am sure that he does not qualify for visa for EPL as he has not played enough  international gamses. Think its 50% in last two years.

Can he speak English as that’s one of the criteria as well?

he gets a work permit here because its sevco and they make the rules here

26 minutes ago, Snafu said:

There is no English club stupid enough to pay the asking price of 20m for a player from the Scottish Leagues is there, really?

Clubs will pay some amount in between what they think the player is worth and what they think they can get him for.

30 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Would be funny if he moved for less than the alleged £9m they turned down from the Chinese. Was that a year past in the January window

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

There is no English club stupid enough to pay the asking price of 20m for a player from the Scottish Leagues is there, really?

Well... no actually. Any team would struggle to get rid of a player with his problems. He's not worth the risk of paying that money. A player with a tenth of his talent has a better chance of being sold for millions.

Slippy G said he was to angry to talk to his players after the game maybe it was what the Aberdeen fans were singing after the game and not the performance.
Given that he built this team and now realises they're not good enough his soul searching and responsibility is on default.
Sevco fans are searching for progress this year with a manager that has underestimated Scottish football with his signings.
The season is finished before the end of March,  at lease the dosh from Europe has already been spent.