Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

That's with European fitba too, paying the price for previously buying lots of haddies that we  couldn't sell on. Plus all our legal shenanigans with sports direct and the takeover panel etc.

Been paying the price since the 3rd Division, even with Ibrox packed out.

Paying 5/6/7/8k a week in the lower leagues when they could have got away with paying the same guys a quarter of the amount, or signed players that would still have won the leagues comfortably on much less money.

4 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Been paying the price since the 3rd Division, even with Ibrox packed out.

Paying 5/6/7/8k a week in the lower leagues when they could have got away with paying the same guys a quarter of the amount, or signed players that would still have won the leagues comfortably on much less money.

While I agree with you, may I point you in the  direction of the bralt.....

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

With an 8 figure loss we might be needing a new BRALT soon. Sevco 5089 incoming

The The BRALT. Just put a "The" in front of the thread title and pretend nothing happened. @pozbairdwill know what to do when it happens...

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

Pretty good summary here from ThePriceOfFootball:

I'm pretty happy with those results really. Revenue up 63% and wages as a % of turnover down to a reasonable level. Shows we need to keep making group stage football though and do better at selling players for profit but I think we are in a better position than we were last summer to do that.

8 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Pretty good summary here from ThePriceOfFootball:

I'm pretty happy with those results really. Revenue up 63% and wages as a % of turnover down to a reasonable level. Shows we need to keep making group stage football though and do better at selling players for profit but I think we are in a better position than we were last summer to do that.

"the Stevie G factor" is like money in the bank.

Definitely not made up shite at all.

4 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Where is the sanction for running up annual 8 figure losses? Why should my club and the rest have to compete with a club being run like this, especially a newco that's previous incarnation died with debts well over £100m just seven years ago?

If hibs directors are willing to spend the cash then theres nothing stopping them doing the same. 

The club is a shop window or was that not the business plan?

I would expect players to be sold for profit during the summer and then replaced like for like.

Even so it wouldn't cover operating costs fully.

It shows how much damage is being done to the club by not having full control of its own merchandise.

Doubt they’ve got to the summer, no business can run at circa £10m loss and survive in the long term. They have a £10m shortfall which could rise, even double, if legal challenges are settled before the end of the season and are already running on empty. They need to sell ASAP.

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Doubt they’ve got to the summer, no business can run at circa £10m loss and survive in the long term. They have a £10m shortfall which could rise, even double, if legal challenges are settled before the end of the season and are already running on empty. They need to sell ASAP.

They only have one asset worth any money, and not what they think he's worth. Hope he's in plaster soon and they go down harder than that other Belfast creation.