Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

On 2017-6-5 at 10:48, Drew Brees said:

1 - if you want an exclusive rangers thread then why come on an open forum? I think FF or RM would be more to your liking.

2 - I am interested in your transfer activity, I like to know what we're up against. I also find the **** optimism, about players with fancy names who no one has ever seen play, amusing.

You can just picture drew with tabs open on rfc site, gersnet, follow follow, rangers media etc, scouring through stv/BBC/records websites for any sevconews... Following all of the bears on social media ..

Just now, BobWilliamson said:

I can see why a Dundee United supporter may see it that way but at Ibrox we expect (not deserve) better :P

And to think you wanted to hang onto Telfer - and then chased us for 200K when you couldn't!  If you take him back, it would improve the average ability at both clubs.

35 minutes ago, The DA said:

And to think you wanted to hang onto Telfer - and then chased us for 200K when you couldn't!  If you take him back, it would improve the average ability at both clubs.

I never wanted Telfer. I know what you are getting at though. There were many who criticised the management for letting him go but i had seen him many times and i knew , like the vast majority of the Under 20s, that he  was not good enough and never would be. We did very well to get the £200,000 for him.

We are seeing the same thing at the moment with the fuss over Billy Gilmour. We have page after page on Follow Follow about this young guy and the vast majority have never even seen the lad play.

49 minutes ago, The DA said:

Didn't wee ST try to claim that we were a new club and offer to pay us around£50k?

Seen on twitter that the deals with the two Mexican lads are worth around 5 million in total. Two questions: are these figures accurate, does anyone know? are R*ngers fans happy about returning to the days of mega fees so soon after the banter years?

After? [emoji848]

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

Seen on twitter that the deals with the two Mexican lads are worth around 5 million in total. Two questions: are these figures accurate, does anyone know? 

$5m so about £3.9m

Also, Fabio Cardoso expected to cost around £1.25m and £500k already spent on Alves. If Dorrans joins that would be around another million spent with more signings still set to join.

Fair play to the board. They said money would be made available and they are staying true to their word. I think fans' realistic expectations were in the region of £5m (at best) and some free transfers but by the end of August that amount could well be closer to double.

2 hours ago, thepundit said:

$5m so about £3.9m

Also, Fabio Cardoso expected to cost around £1.25m and £500k already spent on Alves. If Dorrans joins that would be around another million spent with more signings still set to join.

Fair play to the board. They said money would be made available and they are staying true to their word. I think fans' realistic expectations were in the region of £5m (at best) and some free transfers but by the end of August that amount could well be closer to double.

Did these fans just pluck the £5m figure from their arse or are they privy to the clubs' financial situation? Happy to be spending money with not one question asked about where it is coming from?

Surely you should be more interested in the actual quality of the players you're signing rather than the amount of money spent on them? Joe Garner cost ONE POINT EIGHT MILLION POUNDS.

If there is one thing the Rangers fans have learned since their demise, it is f**k all.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

Didn't wee ST try to claim that we were a new club and offer to pay us around£50k?

He's an enigmatic man. So lacking in football knowledge and yet so strong on company law.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth noting Rangers likely haven't even paid £2m of this £5m yet, it'll all be in installments

Many , if not most, transfer fees are paid in instalments 

So it is not even close to all the season ticket money yet. This BIG name signing might be true then.

King slaughtered for not spending. King slaughtered for spending. 

How many posters are privy to the deals Rangers are doing regarding money coming in / going out? Just highlighting what is reportedly going out and ignoring the new deals that could be funding this and more is nothing but scaremongering 

$5m so about £3.9m

Alves was a free transfer.

Did these fans just pluck the £5m figure from their arse or are they privy to the clubs' financial situation? Happy to be spending money with not one question asked about where it is coming from?
Surely you should be more interested in the actual quality of the players you're signing rather than the amount of money spent on them? Joe Garner cost ONE POINT EIGHT MILLION POUNDS.
If there is one thing the Rangers fans have learned since their demise, it is f**k all.

It's all about how big their c*ck is thou .......