Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yeah, Clement has you guys wrapped round his little finger that’s for sure.

He’s just cost you a crack at a €40m prize due to his awful tactics, signings and team selection and he still gets little stick.

Enjoy the next 4 years under him as, as was mentioned by another poster you can’t afford to sack the dud.

The damage was done at boardroom level  and will take atleast few years to fix, try and show some patience. 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Whatever the reason it was embarrassing to see so many empty seats.

Wait until Saturday...

For all Rangers fans talk about loyalty, it doesn't seem particularly hard for a lot of them to just chuck it. Hampden is a shitemare to get too, and away from, though, so I'd guess that's playing a part for many aswell.

I think Rangers are in a similar place to Man U. Club are blindly fully backing a manager who's tactically not good enough simply because they need to stop sacking people for a while, and have to back his transfer decisions due to this, while fans are already half against him and willing to revolt at a moments notice.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wait until Saturday...

For all Rangers fans talk about loyalty, it doesn't seem particularly hard for a lot of them to just chuck it. Hampden is a shitemare to get too, and away from, though, so I'd guess that's playing a part for many aswell.

I think Rangers are in a similar place to Man U. Club are blindly fully backing a manager who's tactically not good enough simply because they need to stop sacking people for a while, and have to back his transfer decisions due to this, while fans are already half against him and willing to revolt at a moments notice.

Not only is it a shite stadium for getting to and from, it's also a shite stadium to watch matches from, particularly behind either goal. Should have been knocked down and rebuilt instead of renovated.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Not only is it a shite stadium for getting to and from, it's also a shite stadium to watch matches from, particularly behind either goal. Should have been knocked down and rebuilt instead of renovated.

Aye I imagine, atmosphere wise, it's horrendous for Rangers fans compared to ibrox.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wait until Saturday...

Aye, in fairness, any home matches in the earlier rounds of the league cup have historically been poorly attended regardless of how well or bad we are doing. But I suspect you’re right in that it’ll be a very low crowd at the weekend if we throw in the Hampden and frustration elements.

I still think Clement has a bit of leeway with the fans mainly because most appreciate the state we are in has largely been dictated by those above him. But it’s definitely getting to the point where more and more questions are being asked.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, in fairness, any home matches in the earlier rounds of the league cup have historically been poorly attended regardless of how well or bad we are doing. But I suspect you’re right in that it’ll be a very low crowd at the weekend if we throw in the Hampden and frustration elements.

I still think Clement has a bit of leeway with the fans mainly because most appreciate the state we are in has largely been dictated by those above him. But it’s definitely getting to the point where more and more questions are being asked.

Do you think that’ll change if he loses to Celtic in September ?

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'll be honest, when you appointed him I thought "there's a proper football manager". I would say of the last four managers, Clement included, only Van Bronckhorst appeared to have more managerial gravitas than him. Gerrard was the Hollywood appointment with little tactical acumen to back it up as shown by his posts since Rangers, and the least said about Beale the better. 

It would appear they've given massive financial backing to the least qualified to spend it, leaving the experienced managers with not a pot to piss in.  

34 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do you think that’ll change if he loses to Celtic in September ?

It will probably depend on our performances until then and the manner of any subsequent defeat. I don’t think anyone will be going into that match expecting anything, but a hammering will have a lot of people in his back.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

They probably would have, had there been a spare 1.2 billion quid somewhere to build a ‘Tottenham’ stadium in its place.

Thread drifttttt… definite red card for the Jefte fella’. Stick on. Should come with an extra ban due to the violent nature of his assault on the Ukranian chap’s napper. Pfffftttt. 😝

It's clear they're on a tailspin and Sevco 1 are going to be a short-lived entity.

The specimens that they call fans are anything but the over-used loyal that they claim.

Unless they find some uber rich bigoted idiot or petro-state willing to throw their money into a bottomless pit then they're screwed because they can no longer go toe-to-toe financially with their dear neighbours and that means means only a few cup wins every decade, and a solitary league win every ten years so they can keep the tedious nine-in-a-row thing going.

And as it becomes clear that the self-labelled 'most successful club in the world' (quite a achievement for a club 12 years old) are diddys in their own domestic league, they'll be down to the 10,000 Oldco used to attract back in the 1980s.

Clement will go the same way as his predecessors once there are no more Cafflick referees to blame and they discover that their star signing from the Aberdeen squad can't live up to the billing the mutants are giving him.

That team they sent out last night were hilariously incompetent just like their squad filled with bargain basement Brazilians, former Aberdeen squad players, an English goalie having a confidence crisis and unwanted in his own league and a selection of inadequate Europeans.

It was more like Jossy's Giants than Glasgow Giants..

2 hours ago, AJF said:

It will probably depend on our performances until then and the manner of any subsequent defeat. I don’t think anyone will be going into that match expecting anything, but a hammering will have a lot of people in his back.

I think you’ll get hammered. I genuinely don’t think Celtic are a good side however they are miles ahead of Rangers both in a footballing and financial sense.

They’ll dominate our game for as long as the games in its current format.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Fairly decent thread summing up the last few years including "constant cycle of sign dross, manager gets sacked"

Hopefully it can continue 😀

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye I imagine, atmosphere wise, it's horrendous for Rangers fans compared to ibrox.

You think the acoustics of Hampden make it more difficult for the Berrz to properly convey their abuse and boos onto the shoulders of their own team? 

You never know, the last time Rangers fans were hampered from influencing their team, they won their only Premiership title of the last decade and change. 

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

Fairly decent thread summing up the last few years including "constant cycle of sign dross, manager gets sacked"

Hopefully it can continue 😀

I think this is precisely why most of the anger is directed at the board rather then Clement. Club is a shambles.

27 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Thanks for correcting me. He’s certainly proved he’s not got it in his locker to beat Celtic.

He’ll be praying that Nsiala, Jefte, Cortes and Igamani all come good before then 😂.

Jefte looks absolutely rotten. It was only a matter of time before he got sent off for persistent fouling whilst on a yellow.

43 minutes ago, stressball said:

Jefte looks absolutely rotten. It was only a matter of time before he got sent off for persistent fouling whilst on a yellow.

He certainly looks a poor player. Although the manager needs to look at himself firstly for playing Jefte out of position and secondly for not substituting him whilst on a yellow when it was clear to everyone apart from Clement that Jefte couldn’t handle a pressure situation.