Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

I actually think both sets of supporters want the 5% away allocation, it makes for a better game and atmosphere. 
On the other hand, if one club has invested and completed the necessary works agreed last season to ensure fan safety in the fixture and another club hasn’t bothered their arse, let alone welcomed their own support into their stadium for the start of the season, I’d have my concerns. 

The whole safety concerns by the Celtic board is critical to this, as having Rangers fans above our small away allocation with previous incidents of staff and fans being bottled and struck with items would only make the board look negligent. 
Having the broomloan in recent years didn’t pose those new safety issues, however they royally spat the dummy out and rehoused us for celebrating too much at the debt dome. 

8 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I actually think both sets of supporters want the 5% away allocation, it makes for a better game and atmosphere. 
On the other hand, if one club has invested and completed the necessary works agreed last season to ensure fan safety in the fixture and another club hasn’t bothered their arse, let alone welcomed their own support into their stadium for the start of the season, I’d have my concerns. 

The whole safety concerns by the Celtic board is critical to this, as having Rangers fans above our small away allocation with previous incidents of staff and fans being bottled and struck with items would only make the board look negligent. 
Having the broomloan in recent years didn’t pose those new safety issues, however they royally spat the dummy out and rehoused us for celebrating too much at the debt dome. 

Yes, we've heard. Celtic good, Rangers bad.

Grow up.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

This. The "majority" of folk there stood and watched a group of 5-6 attack a defenceless woman, then let them run past them before getting in the way of the police chasing them.

It's quite simple at this stage. If Rangers fans don't want tarred with the same brush as the scum, they need to start stopping it themselves.

No other club has these issues consistently, you can't just brush it off as someone else's problem either as we all know Rangers as a club will do absolutely nothing (remember that "investigation" into the Nazi flag?).

Other clubs are waiting for someone to break the mould and I genuinely think Saints will do it here. The new owner doesn't care about making money this season, his sole goal is increasing the home support. You'll all be punished because the feral ones in your support are allowed to act how they want unchecked.

Sort it out.

Yeah - this should put the whole ‘self-policing’ notion to bed once and for all. It’s never worked for the party tunes (if you believe it was even attempted), so nothing to suggest the wider fan base will do nothing about the Union Bears. And then you have the players effectively endorsing them with what was a pretty tin-pot celebration yesterday.

There should be wider consequences to this, but when it hasn’t even registered as a story on the BBC website, you can’t help but feel some vigorous sweeping is going on.

4 minutes ago, codfish said:

Yeah - this should put the whole ‘self-policing’ notion to bed once and for all. It’s never worked for the party tunes (if you believe it was even attempted), so nothing to suggest the wider fan base will do nothing about the Union Bears. And then you have the players effectively endorsing them with what was a pretty tin-pot celebration yesterday.

There should be wider consequences to this, but when it hasn’t even registered as a story on the BBC website, you can’t help but feel some vigorous sweeping is going on.

It’s not just a football issue. It is a political and policing issue. In what other circumstances are a group of thugs allowed to actively promote sectarian beliefs in their chants, songs and banners and attack others without criminal action? This happens every week at some level and our society has chosen to ignore it. The clubs, media and our football organisations have a vested interest financially in this and so will always chose not to act.

9 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

It’s not just a football issue. It is a political and policing issue. In what other circumstances are a group of thugs allowed to actively promote sectarian beliefs in their chants, songs and banners and attack others without criminal action? This happens every week at some level and our society has chosen to ignore it. The clubs, media and our football organisations have a vested interest financially in this and so will always chose not to act.

Let’s not forget a bbc journalist had press credentials removed for factually reporting rangers fans being arrested and charged. 

1 hour ago, Greenlantern said:

As someone mentioned before, if Celtic had concerns about the works at Ibrox being finished, why would they choose to preemptively deny us an allocation for a fixture on the basis the works might not be complete, rather than allow us an allocation at Celtic Park next month, then if the works aren’t complete at Ibrox in time for January, subsequently deny us an allocation for the following fixture at Celtic Park?

If they’d done that, they’d have come out of this with a lot more credibility and would’ve appeared to have been the reasonable party rather than being petty and denying us an allocation because of an unprovable suspicion.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

As someone mentioned before, if Celtic had concerns about the works at Ibrox being finished, why would they choose to preemptively deny us an allocation for a fixture on the basis the works might not be complete, rather than allow us an allocation at Celtic Park next month, then if the works aren’t complete at Ibrox in time for January, subsequently deny us an allocation for the following fixture at Celtic Park?

If they’d done that, they’d have come out of this with a lot more credibility and would’ve appeared to have been the reasonable party rather than being petty and denying us an allocation because of an unprovable suspicion?

Yes we know. Celtic good, The Rangers bad, Celtic as slippery as an eel, The Rangers misunderstood. Celtic twisting the situation, the situation not of The Rangers making. It’s their fault, not our fault, it’s not our problem, it’s a papal conspiracy. It’s VARs fault, it’s Celtic being blamed for something that isn’t The Rangers, two pints of milk, really need to empty the bins. When’s ‘Strictly’ on? Have you seen the price of olive oil these days? Penalty to Rangers. Check over.

I think that’s the jist of it.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

If they’d done that, they’d have come out of this with a lot more credibility and would’ve appeared to have been the reasonable party rather than being petty and denying us an allocation because of an unprovable suspicion.

That sounds entirely reasonable, but we're talking about a dispute between Celtic and Rangers here, so reason doesn't enter the equation. Don’t kid yourself that Rangers wouldn't have gone down the same path if the roles had been reversed. It's all about point scoring with these two detestable clubs.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That sounds entirely reasonable, but we're talking about a dispute between Celtic and Rangers here, so reason doesn't enter the equation. Don’t kid yourself that Rangers wouldn't have gone down the same path if the roles had been reversed. It's all about point scoring with these two detestable clubs.

Oh aye, don’t get me wrong, I’ve not got many doubts that Rangers would’ve acted similarly.

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Let’s not forget a bbc journalist had press credentials removed for factually reporting rangers fans being arrested and charged. 

This is the biggest obstacle in making these scummy incidents as public as possible. Every sports journalist in the country will have read the same information and seen the same pictures as the rest of us but, with the treatment of Chris McLaughlin, Jim Spence and Graeme Speirs in recent years, they are afraid to speak out, in fear of suffering a similar fate if they include any of the unpalatable actions of these vermin in their reporting.

If they haven't already, St Johnstone should be lodging an official police complaint and try to get the perpetrators pictures in the papers by way of a police appeal for information to have them identified and held to account. These cvnts are truly abhorrent. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

TBF to @AJFhe is the most reasonable Old Firm poster on here by quite a distance.

The whole away support thing is sickening though. It’s 2024 and 2 groups of people hate each-other so much on religious grounds that they can’t guarantee the other groups safety at a sporting event. 

41 minutes ago, AJF said:

There’s obviously been discussions between both clubs behind the scenes that we’re not privy to. 
Alternatively, Rangers being confident the necessary work will be completed for the new year game could take the moral high ground in this abysmal situation & offer the 5% allocation for that particular fixture, no? Instead they’ve released the predictable ‘sink us & we’ll sink you’ statement. 
Hopefully it’s all sorted out for the remaining fixtures as I believe the sensible fans in both supports will welcome the fact it takes away from a top tier atmosphere. 

Edited by Greenlantern

2 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

There’s obviously been discussions between both clubs behind the scenes that we’re not privy to. 
Alternatively, Rangers being confident the necessary work will be completed for the new year game could take the moral high ground in this abysmal situation & offer the 5% allocation for that particular fixture, no?
Hopefully it’s all sorted out for the remaining fixtures as I believe the sensible fans in both supports will welcome the fact it takes away from a top tier atmosphere. 

Top tier atmosphere. Sensible fans in both supports….. and it’s live!

Fcuk sake, I need more caffeine, and a wee lie down.

We're not going to get any peace until celtic get the whole Broomloan.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

We're not going to get any peace until celtic get the whole Broomloan.

Won’t happen. Your fans have made it quite clear to the board they’d rather hear the resounding sound of their own Boooo’s and insults towards the players. 

Alternatively, Rangers being confident the necessary work will be completed for the new year game could take the moral high ground in this abysmal situation & offer the 5% allocation for that particular fixture, no? Instead they’ve released the predictable ‘sink us & we’ll sink you’ statement. 

The problem with your suggestion is if Rangers went ahead and gave Celtic tickets for the fixture in January, then Celtic fans would be able to attend 2 fixtures at Ibrox with an away allocation this season, while Rangers fans would only be able to attend 1 at Celtic Park (since we’ve been locked out of the upcoming one).

Given that Celtic are paragons of sporting integrity, surely you’re not advocating this?

Celtic would therefore be able to offer more home end tickets to their own fans for the upcoming fixture while still having the benefit of an away support in the two fixtures at Ibrox. Surely I don’t need to point out how this could be seen as gaining an advantage.

Edited by AJF