Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Cantwell was known as C*ntwell for a reason. Kyogo is a fairly inoffensive part time diver.

Yes, for his actions on the pitch that had nothing to do with his TikTok output while at Rangers. That’s my point here, the videos he posted are equally as inoffensive.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

I don't recall Cantwell doing anything excessive on the pitch, a bit moany at times but nothing that you don't see week in week out.

Nah, I think he was one of those players that you know is trying to be a wind up merchant or moan a bit that you overlook if they play for you but you know fine well you’d hate them if they played for the opposition 😂

On 02/09/2024 at 13:18, AJF said:

And if you think the board are blameless or are somehow trying to clean up a mess they never created then I think you have the wrong end of the stick.

I meant in the sense that while they have made their own mistakes, the route cause of Rangers predicament is not related to them and is inherited from years previous. They have taken their respective jobs on under non-ideal conditions, similar to the manager.  

On 02/09/2024 at 13:18, AJF said:

It’s also silly to suggest that what we’ve served in terms of performances in these matches should not be disappointing to the fans. Teams with much less resources than ourselves have done much better than we have against Celtic in recent times.

Rangers aren't allowed to play the way that other teams with less resources can play against Celtic. They are required to 'go on the front foot', go 'toe to toe' with a superior side. They don't have the same options as a St Mirren or a Killie to play deep and hit on the counter. That's a decent example of what Rangers fans demand harm their team.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Yes, for his actions on the pitch that had nothing to do with his TikTok output while at Rangers. That’s my point here, the videos he posted are equally as inoffensive.

You know the “Tik Tok Todd” was just a catchy nickname, aye?

It’s his main character syndrome on Instagram that people found pathetic. 

18 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

That he is and maybe ruin is the incorrect or too strong a word but the transfer just didn’t make sense if you were going to allow the player who was already heavily criticised for his off field antics to come up here and continue that behaviour especially in Glasgow and especially when your not 1st.

All that happens is it costs you a lot of money, both club and the player look stupid and the player leaves tail between his legs with his confidence shot to shit

The Diallo loan was to a much lesser extent similar.

12 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

“But but but what about Kyogo” 😂

Going down the whataboutery route eh? 

Let me indulge you then. What Kyogo puts out on social media is vastly different from Cantwell, it’s almost entirely inoffensive, almost childlike and completely devoid of ego.

It’s the very opposite of Cantwell who wants to noise people up with the 56 on his shorts, the shush burger shite, getting into online spats with pundits etc etc. All of the shite you lapped up as it turned out.

The other big difference is Kyogo turns up for his team. Cantwell didn’t so just ended up looking like an arrogant, self obsessed wee fanny with a big mouth and an inability to back it up.

Which is he?

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I meant in the sense that while they have made their own mistakes, the route cause of Rangers predicament is not related to them and is inherited from years previous. They have taken their respective jobs on under non-ideal conditions, similar to the manager.  

Rangers aren't allowed to play the way that other teams with less resources can play against Celtic. They are required to 'go on the front foot', go 'toe to toe' with a superior side. They don't have the same options as a St Mirren or a Killie to play deep and hit on the counter. That's a decent example of what Rangers fans demand harm their team.

Respectfully I disagree. The makeup of the board has largely been the same since before we won the league under Gerrard. We were in a position of power at this point and ended up going on to make record breaking turnover and smashing our outgoing transfer record a couple of times and qualified for the Champions League.

They have overseen a steady decline since their decision not to back Gerrard after we won the league, handing out over-inflated contracts, failing to capitalise on a consistent player trading model, allowing players to run their contracts down, getting embroiled in costly legal disputes with many other baffling decisions thrown in.

On your second point, I also disagree. The vast, vast majority of Rangers fans accept we are a much inferior team to Celtic. You will see in the match thread from Sunday’s game I was calling for Clement to be pragmatic about his approach and aim to frustrate Celtic. Rangers fans do not expect us to be able to go and outplay Celtic.

Edited by AJF

9 hours ago, AJF said:

What is offensive about any of that and why would it be considered off field antics?

56 on his shorts and the shushburger ones especially I’m not sure why anyone would take offence to that, particularly Celtic fans considering each of them were posted after games not even involving them.

Spats with pundits turned out to be be Cantwell saying he thought Chris Sutton’s opinion was irrelevant after he himself lapped up the TikTok Todd stuff and criticised him publicly - outing himself as a hypocrite as well considering his previous comments about Cantwell when at Norwich 😂

ETA: I entirely understand people disliking Cantwell for his behaviour on the pitch, but branding a reference to Rangers aiming to win a title and a “shushburger” post as “off field antics” is a bit of a stretch. It’s not as if he went AWOL or was caught drunk driving or something like we’ve seen with others in the past.

Which brings me back to his TiKTok output. He was absolutely slated for this before anything you mentioned above took place. Not to mention a heavy dose of homophobia thrown into the mix for good measure.

Mind Rangers couldn’t guarantee Chris Sutton’s safety at ibrox?

Minter.

20 hours ago, AJF said:

I think a longer term “rebuild” project is what we are looking at now, with Clement’s comments about not having a magic wand and his recent extended contract.

It seems like the board are putting faith in him to oversee a cost cutting exercise initially with a view to a longer term aim. Whether that comes to fruition I’m not so sure.

I think that’s fair.  But it doesn’t excuse spending four million on Diomande.  Or, if you are going to spend that money on a player with the intention of selling him at a massive profit, you make him the face of the franchise and plaster him all over the shop.  Look what Celtic did over the last year with O’Reily.   Is he worth twice as much as Gilmour?  No.  Is he worth the same as McTominay?  No.    But Celtic marketed him as a star.  

I wouldn’t recognise Diomande if he sat next to me on the bus.  Rangers marketing of their own players, if the intention is to sell them at profit, is a shambles.  

Of course all of that is moot if the players signed are shite.  

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aye but the Copeland Road stand isn’t opening - is this only for cup games ?

If their form continues to fall away they might only need 3/4 of the stadium anyway. As we saw in the Hearts Championship winning season the fans will (eventually) stay away if the form and performances are bad enough. As they do at every other club.

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Our next home league game is 28/09 vs Hibs, I'm assuming they are aiming to have it finished by then. I think this is to ensure it's ready for our first home UEL game on 03/10 to ensure we don't have to play all our games at Hampden in that competition. Certainly the photos I saw today show that most of the seats are back in. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

47 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yeah it says details for the Hibs game a week later will be confirmed in due course, though I’d be surprised if they go back to Hampden after 1 game at Ibrox.

19 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

You've completely missed the point.

Individual focus (Cantwell) v Team focus (Furuhashi).

I''ll leave it at that.

Kyogo is a c**t anaw, let's not forget that.