Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

RANGERS' Premiership clash with St Johnstone could now be MOVED due to a clash with the Great Scottish Run, it has emerged.

We told you how league bosses and the two clubs are locked in talks about the clash, which is currently scheduled to take place at 3pm on October 6 - the same day as the Great Scottish Run takes over Glasgow.

With the Ibrox men in Europa League duty on the Thursday night before, the match would have to be played on the Sunday.

But major road closures that day due to the Great Scottish Run in the city make that start time an impossibility

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

"Espanyolification"

This guy thinks Rangers finances are closer to Ross County than Celtic??????

The thing is, he will genuinely believe it too.

20 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

"Your mission Mark, should you decide to accept, is to hunt down Kinky and ask him to make it happen....."

Na, you're alright

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

Kincy is on twitter.

I'm not going to post his @ as it has his real name in it which feels a bit like doxing, but if you search hard enough you'll find him.

See above

16 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Nonsense. When he was at his peak for Rangers he was brilliant. He completely strolled it against diddy Scottish teams.

Three quite important words.

Ask yourself why he's decided to take a step up in his career and move to Blackburn?

Strolled it as you put it domestically, what about in Europe? Surely that's the ultimate barometer for any OF player?

Flat track bully, no miss at all.

Farcical kick off time obviously, but a browse through the related tweets ended up showing me something interesting:

The replies are unanimously in agreement. At what point does the Rangers support realise that hanging about the stadium to scream at players after losing a match is actually not helping anything? At what point do they realise that "Rangers need to win" doesn't mean a bunch of people are going to appear and start winning?

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I doubt anyone will have fun watching that game.

I dunno, Rangers struggling against a diddy mob while I flick between that and Redzone (if it's on telly, which I know it probably won't be.)

As for the Espanyol thing, I get we're laughing at the phrasing but it's true in a sense.

I don't think Celtic and Rangers are at the Barcelona/Espanyol, super club/jobber club status yet.  It's pure overreaction from those Rangers fans.  All it would take for it to potentially swing back into Rangers favour would be for both clubs to appoint new managers, with Celtic appointing some loser like Neil Lennon again, and Rangers appointing someone like Gerrard who would be able to capitalise.

Celtic would probably have to lose their 3 Japanese talismans too of course.

11 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I dunno, Rangers struggling against a diddy mob while I flick between that and Redzone (if it's on telly, which I know it probably won't be.)

As for the Espanyol thing, I get we're laughing at the phrasing but it's true in a sense.

Except that there is absolutely no comparison to be made between Barcelona & Celtic. The Port Valeification of Rangers to Celtic's Stoke City is far a more apposite comparison.

Yeah, Barcelona and Espanyol are light years apart in terms of status in the game.  Celtic and Rangers very obviously aren't.