Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Oh hi fatty how's your obese self doing today?

So your not going to answer my Question about kicking a women on the ground instead you're  just gonna post drivel and red dot folk, shocker. 

Edited by Bohemian

11 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

So your not going to answer my Question about kicking a women on the ground instead you're  just gonna post drivel and red dot folk, shocker. 

I'm not posting drivel. I'm bang on the money and you know it.

Lie down and grunt piggy

Read the article on him and his offence. Being drunk or not, no excuse for it. p***k! 
This must be the Sevco strategy on how to take on Scott Brown, seeing as he’s owned them for the past couple of years. Get a violent wife beater in to add a bit of steel and take out Broony.

Broony will have him on his arse.

End of.

No idea what Gerrard’s plans are for him, but Flanagan has usually always played as a full-back, so unless that changes I can’t really see him coming directly up against Brown too much.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Jon Flanagan apparently having a medical with a view to signing for Sevco.

Presumably the medics are checking to see if he still has the strength & ability to beat up women.

Scummy c**t.

Shocker. Isn't it, Florentine ?

You wouldn't catch any Hibbies involved in anything unsavoury like, drug posession, shoplifting, nightclub assault, threats to partner, racist singing, would you ? .....Oh wait a minute....

The game is peppered with people who have done scummy things. Glass houses etc

This is what gets me. Football players are - football players. They’re not scions of the community (see ‘Broony’ above for adequate mirror deflection) and, to be a ‘midfield general’ or an ‘enforcer’ or whatever other term you want, they don’t play nice.

They have worked awful hard to get where they have. That they might not have the nous to see how the pitch and real life are distinct areas shouldn’t really be a surprise to anyone.

Absolutely some have done some terrible things off the pitch. I doubt I’d want to spend time in many of their company. But it seems every other fan wants to jump on any teams signings while turning the absolute blind eye to whatever ne’er do-well has been, is, or is about to sign up, at their club.

Goodwillie, Lennon, Jackson, Gazza, Hateley, Bazza, McFadden, Stokes, Griffiths the list could go onwards from any spectrum of wrongdoing from alleged rape to proven wife beating to philandering with the boss’s wife to promiscuity to wilful tax evasion (irony not lost) to goodness knows what.

There’s lots of nasty people out there. Snowflakes and good guys rarely make the starting XI. To suggest that some sort of moral code becomes a precursor for who’s allowed to play? I’ll leave that to the PnB masses to set the bar based, of course, on their own team’s signing policies.

Me? If he’s a player, adds something to my team and previous misdemeanours have been resolved, it’s the end of the discussion.

15 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

This is what gets me. Football players are - football players. They’re not scions of the community (see ‘Broony’ above for adequate mirror deflection) and, to be a ‘midfield general’ or an ‘enforcer’ or whatever other term you want, they don’t play nice.

They have worked awful hard to get where they have. That they might not have the nous to see how the pitch and real life are distinct areas shouldn’t really be a surprise to anyone.

Absolutely some have done some terrible things off the pitch. I doubt I’d want to spend time in many of their company. But it seems every other fan wants to jump on any teams signings while turning the absolute blind eye to whatever ne’er do-well has been, is, or is about to sign up, at their club.

Goodwillie, Lennon, Jackson, Gazza, Hateley, Bazza, McFadden, Stokes, Griffiths the list could go onwards from any spectrum of wrongdoing from alleged rape to proven wife beating to philandering with the boss’s wife to promiscuity to wilful tax evasion (irony not lost) to goodness knows what.

There’s lots of nasty people out there. Snowflakes and good guys rarely make the starting XI. To suggest that some sort of moral code becomes a precursor for who’s allowed to play? I’ll leave that to the PnB masses to set the bar based, of course, on their own team’s signing policies.

Me? If he’s a player, adds something to my team and previous misdemeanours have been resolved, it’s the end of the discussion.

Levein has made a big point about signing players who are "the right sort" and "good examples in the dressing room" which is admirable. The result has been a truly insipid team. I'm prepared to hold my nose and put up with us signing some distasteful (up to a point) people who can actually play a bit.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

When does Adam Johnson get out then?

Touche.  I did say up to a point. Adam Johnson would be beyond that point. Sex offences with minors rules out his ability to be anywhere near minors - which is big part of most clubs i.e. boys and girls youth teams and  community involvement.  But I did have a problem with the Ched Evans witch hunt, where the media were effectively saying that he was a "role model"  and therefore he should never be able to work again at probably the only thing he knew how to do. You wouldn't call for an ex plumber to be banned from plumbing when they get released from prison, would you ? And unless you are a very stupid parent, you wouldn't hold up a footballer to be any more of a role model than a plumber.

End of the day we're here to watch them play football - this isn't some pseudo Big Brother/Love Island where we actually need to pay attention to an extended version of their personality. People change over time and serve their time in many cases, doesn't change their ability to kick a ball or their need to work for a living.