ABE

The hang ups the scotch have about England is just down right embarrassing. I actually can't believe some of you even watch England games. The misc football chat thread is also hilarious, you fucking love English football and you all support an English team, mon admit it

We never actually sing about the English at games, heard 'we hate England more than you' in the 2 Germany games but they were giving it back, the England fans sing about us all the time though. Says it all really.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's focus on our own problems as this ABE stuff is cringeworthy. I will struggle to watch the tournament as still annoyed we didn't make it. I won't lose any sleep over it but happy to support home nations. Especially N.I. and Wales.

The only downside is having to listen to the media (especially BBC) go catatonic if England win it. I don't think they will, as Roy Hodgson is their biggest problem, as they have the quality in the squad to go all the way. Roy until now obviously scared to death of dropping Rooney in place of better form players in their rightful positions.

We like the English need to stop thinking of the past (i.e. 1966) and our best players from the 60s and 70s and figure out how we can actually start qualifying for these big occasions. Until we do, we will be in no mans land for a while.

We have just as good players as N.I. and Wales (with exception of Bale...) to qualify with a professional league to develop youngsters but again and again we struggle. It's infuriating. We are infected with a virus called cronyism in the SFA and SPFL and it needs to change. I mean Albania and Iceland qualified. It's ridiculous.

I'm sorry but top 3 qualify and WGS tries to justify our failure with how tough the group was. Let's just forget about our much larger southern kin and focus on getting the change we need to qualify ourselves.

- Isn't excited for the Euros

- Hopes Northern and Ireland do well

- Writes long TAMB style post-mortem posts

I don't know you but you definitely need fired into the sun.

We never actually sing about the English at games, heard 'we hate England more than you' in the 2 Germany games but they were giving it back, the England fans sing about us all the time though. Says it all really.

"If you hate the f*ckin English" as well as "Stand up if you hate England" got a rendition in Metz.

I'm not sure why people seem to think "we should focus on our own game" makes sense,or that we can't hope England lose at the same time. If we don't qualify I highly doubt it will be because yer da bought a Trinidad and Tobago top with Scotland on the back in 2006.

The ABE thing is harmless fun based on wanting guys like Ian Wright and Glen Hoddle to get put in their place.

It pales into insignificance compared to a England v Germany game. That's full blown racism from the English.

I think you might get bored of the ABE stuff at some point. Maybe after 20 years of us not qualifying for a major tournament or 30 years or 40 years. You might get to my stage and say who gives a f'ck about supporting ABE. I want to support Scotland.

Roy Hodgson is one of the most endearing men in football, IMO. I desperately want him to get it right up all of his - largely insufferable - critics.

That would most likely require England winning the tournament, though. And that is problematic. 

Roy Hodgson is one of the most endearing men in football, IMO. I desperately want him to get it right up all of his - largely insufferable - critics.

That would most likely require England winning the tournament, though. And that is problematic. 

Me too. If I could arrange an unfortunate training accident to Rooney, I would. If it was temporary and I wasn't caught obviously.

Sorry, wasn't in the stadium , but one of the squares, down from the cathedral.

Which cathedral there was 2 :lol: ?? Only joking i was up by a bar near the ground from about 3 pm onwards

Yep pretty much the same here, he's got something of the Joe Strummer about him and I can't help liking him.

But don't worry, once their hooligans have smashed up three French towns singing 'I'd rather be a paki than a Turk' even the most open hearted Scots will want the fuckers to lose as usual.

It's a big misconception that most Scots want England to fail at the Euro's, the truth is most Scots want their plane to crash into an oil refinery before they get there*

* plagiarised from Frankie Boyle on Radio 4 news quiz but needed sharing

A lot of the young boys in my work quite like watching England and will be supporting them, their rationale being that they watch the EPL on Sky and they all, ahem, support English teams :1eye

They all seem to hate Scottish football btw.

I personally hate the English football team and always wish them the very worst. It's ingrained in me. It's like a 'derby rival' thing and I can't help it. I've got absolutely nothing against the English per se, it's just with football. The arrogance of the media and in recent years the absolute scum who follow England to away games, like the brain donors singing about the IRA at the game at CP.

The look on Lineker's face when England fail is delicious. f**k them then, f**k them now, f**k them forever.

My wife is English, it has been my job every tournament to make sure I have the opposition national anthem playing and printouts of their flags stuck around the house during the games.

I have no idea why she stays with me.

Archived