Group F: Portugal - Iceland

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could see after the game how much of a p***k Ronaldo is. After his two shite free kicks completely ignored the Icelanders rather than shaking hands.

Giruy

He was also having a bit of a dig in the general direction of the ref at full-time.

Sometimes I think Ronaldo gets a hard time because he can come across like a decent guy but those comments are shite from him.

They're a country of 330,000 people ffs of course they defended for their lives.

Well done Iceland and go on Arnason min, top man

Bale delivered, Ronaldo never.

I agree on this occasion. But to say he can't live up to that...

It's times like this it's obvious that it's someones personal opinion of the subject (yours to Ronaldos) that is clouding your judgement.

Back to the naming thing. Why isn't GudjohnSEN spelt GudjohnSON?

I reckon it goes back to earlier in the thread - Icelanders who lived abroad tended to ditch the patronymics. Iceland was a Danish colony up till WW2, so it's a fair bet that somewhere down the line his ancestors lived in Denmark, lost the -sson and started using the -sen ending then at some point moved back north.

Most Icelanders use the patronymic system (just to confuse things you can also choose to use your mother's name as a surname), but you can use a "normal" surname if your family has used one historically - grandfather rights, in fact...

I agree on this occasion. But to say he can't live up to that...

It's times like this it's obvious that it's someones personal opinion of the subject (yours to Ronaldos) that is clouding your judgement.

My opinion of Ronaldo is that he's an excellent footballer who constantly tries to make it about himself. He is forever trying to sell his own product in a team game. Which is all fine and well if you're able to back it up. The last two high pressure games he's played in, he's not performed in either yet turned it into 'look at me' exercise. It's exactly why he won't be remembered as fondly as his talents should let him be.

Ronaldo

What a p***k. Dry yer eyes

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/36535204

We must appreciate that Ronaldo has absolutely no concept of what it's like to be on the diddy side of the fence.

Well, he is a fucking idiot so he shouldn't be blamed for saying stupid things.

:ph34r:

please excuse misquote

Sometimes I think Ronaldo gets a hard time because he can come across like a decent guy but those comments are shite from him.

They're a country of 330,000 people ffs of course they defended for their lives.

The fact that he's so driven to make himself the best player ever does mean he is a bit of a tube. The way he walked off the pitch after the game, and those comments about Iceland having "a small mentality and they are not going to do anything in the competition" just shows how far removed from reality he is. In his mind, it was so unfair, he works so hard, is such a great footballer, yet he didn't win. This other team, they just defended and stopped him getting the glory.  :lol:

Archived