Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

It could be done next Sunday if

Man United avoid defeat at home to Celta Vigo
Man United don't win at Spurs
Liverpool do win at West Ham
Feyenoord do win at home to Heracles

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

UEFA may have a decision to make regarding letting both Red Bill Salzburg and Leipzig in European competitions next season. Could potentially mean other countries get bumped up a place if one of them has to miss out.

"Letting"? Can you explain why they wouldn't?

The boys on this forum know their coefficients.  This lad, I think, is suggesting that countries 25-28 could all still get their cup-winners/second place sides a shoey-in to QR2.  Given we are #25, it's surely looking good.

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum/view.php?topic=20160920082026.xml

forza.JPG

Edited by tarapoa

this is what has been being discussed the last few pages re booing and cheering certain teams in the europa league

Dons will be given a bye in qr1 and seed in qr2 when/if:

Celta Vigo are knocked out of Europe

Feyenoord win at the weekend

Man Utd fail to finish top 3

On 07/05/2017 at 19:23, d31 said:

Latest after the weekend

Lyon - Perfect

Ajax - We need Feyenoord to win next weekend but I think they will

Vigo - no use whatsoever

Man Utd - Looking ok at moment. The one to watch

Man Utd looking even better after the Arsenal match tonight.

Lets see what happens tomorrow

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 13:50, tarapoa said:

The boys on this forum know their coefficients.  This lad, I think, is suggesting that countries 25-28 could all still get their cup-winners/second place sides a shoey-in to QR2.  Given we are #25, it's surely looking good.

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum/view.php?topic=20160920082026.xml

forza.JPG

I'm not sure I agree with this !

And I'm not sure he does either !

Earlier in the same thread the same Forza-AZ responded to a Q with an answer that I do agree with :

"1) What will happen if EL winner qualify only to the Champions League qualifying rounds and not directly to the group stage?
EL winner will be moved up to CL-GS, and the spot they leave open in CL-Q will be filled by moving teams up from previous round(s)."

That's my understanding too.

As far as I can read UEFA's rules, Scotland's 'CW' (Aberdeen) would bump up a round to ELQ2 only if the EL winner had otherwise qualified only for the EL. UEFA's rules state that the EL space they leave behind isn't filled by a further club from their own country coming into the EL, rather their country has one fewer in the EL than they thought they were going to have and it's sorted out by bumping up within the EL entrants. And Scotland is at the top of the list to get bumped up from EL-Q1 to EL-Q2.

The only way for that to occur this time is Man U winning the EL but finishing outside the top 4. 

If Man U make it to 4th, so would start in the CL Playoff Round (Non Champs Q4), and then win the EL so get to start in the CL-GS, there would be no impact on Scotland's EL situation. The CL NCQ4 vacancy would be filled purely by bumping up within the CL entrants.

Ajax can only come 1st or 2nd domestically, so are in the CL already. Even if they only finish second so would begin in NCQ3, then win the EL so instead begin at CL-GS, the CL NCQ3 vacancy would be filled by bumping up within the CL entrants, without any impact on the EL.

So I don't see there being any advantage to Aberdeen of Feyenoord pipping Ajax to the Dutch title.

If somebody can show my interpretation of the UEFA rulebook to be wrong, I'd be more than happy to amend my understanding. 

Author: Forza-AZ
Date: 07-05-2017, 23:44
Edited by: Forza-AZ
at: 08-05-2017, 09:14
@gil

Ajax will not be replaced, but 3rd of country 6 (France) will get a bye to CL-Q4.
This leaves only 4 matches in CL-Q3. To fill the gap in EL-Q4 (because 1 less loser will enter there from CL-Q3) the Cup winners of 13 (Czech Rep.), 18 (Poland), 25 (Scotland) and 26 (Azerbaijan) will enter 1 round later.

Similar will be done if Manchester United wins the EL and ends 4th in the League. 3rd of country 6 (France) and 2nd of country 7 (Russia) will both get a bye to CL-Q4.

Aha !

That's it !

So even though they do indeed sort themselves out purely within the CL, it's the fact that that causes them to jettison one fewer CL reject into the EL which is the impact that Aberdeen would benefit from. I get it now.

I will enjoy my first pint tonight, secure in the knowledge that I'm not as much of a nerd as I thought I was  ! :lol:

Thanks for clarifying.