Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

Guest DAVIDB69
You've asked me the question but provided the answer in your own comment: Budget.:)
That said, this is the 2nd round we are talking about. Aberdeen and Rangers should advance without too many problems so arguing who has the best chance of getting through is a bit of a pointless argument. St Johnstone I don't really believe will go through if I am being honest. Hope I'm wrong though.
In terms of European experience, that's another pointless argument. There's quality players out there with no European experience who'd perform far better than the Dons players in next seasons Europa League for the simple reason that they are a better player.

We have had these summer disasters too many times , only Celtic will still be in Europe after august

On 5/25/2017 at 13:11, Karl Fletcher said:

Apparently they've not lost a home game since we twatted them 3-0 a couple of years ago

Utter scenes that night tbf :wub:

That is their only loss at home in all competitions (excluding friendlies) since September 2014, when they lost to Dinamo Zagreb.

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/croatia/hnk-rijeka/480/matches/ and click the Home tab. It's basically a sea of green.

Edited by Nightmare

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2017 at 21:41, Nightmare said:

That is their only loss at home in all competitions (excluding friendlies) since September 2014, when they lost to Dinamo Zagreb.

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/croatia/hnk-rijeka/480/matches/ and click the Home tab. It's basically a sea of green.

HNK Rijeka away is the best performance I've seen from an Aberdeen team from a McInnes team - that team showed us how good they was at Pittodrie but we didnt' have a failure that night.

Why are Rangers not listed on UEFA's list of club coefficients? I had a look because I was curious after seeing that winners of the match between Limassol/another and Rangers/Progrès will get Limassol's coefficient.

I would've thought they'd have the Scotland base rate even if they haven't competed in the past 5 years. Genuine question, nae trolling or Newco suggestions.

Edited by The OP

1 hour ago, The OP said:

Why are Rangers not listed on UEFA's list of club coefficients? I had a look because I was curious after seeing that winners of the match between Limassol/another and Rangers/Progrès will get Limassol's coefficient.

I would've thought they'd have the Scotland base rate even if they haven't competed in the past 5 years. Genuine question, nae trolling or Newco suggestions.

UEFA only list teams with active coefficients on their club list. St Joseph's who are playing Limassol don't have an entry either because it is their first time in Europe.

Guest DAVIDB69
Hopefully Saints could win in Lithuania but again it looks like Celtic and Aberdeen will have to boost up Scotland's coefficient

Can't see Aberdeen lasting very long

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 19:32, thepundit said:

Rangers have still got the best chance out of the 3 teams of getting through to 3rd round. :)

Would be good if all 3 can get to the groups though.

Hmmmm

Any of you coefficient nerds have a fixture-by-fixture list of where co-efficient points have been won in our current five year cycle? How many of the points that Celtic have gained in that time have come from the Europa League, having already been knocked out of the Champions League?

On 21/05/2017 at 19:32, thepundit said:

Rangers have still got the best chance out of the 3 teams of getting through to 3rd round. :)

giphy.webp

I know it's Talking The Game Down (TM) but every passing year proves that we really are an utter diddy nation.

Even the arse cheeks, the so-called 'Big Teams' are an embarrassment.

The last two times Celtic actually managed to make the CL proper, they've managed 1 win and 3 draws in 12 games. And they're the best team in the country by a million miles.

Admittedly The Rangers 2012 played their first tie this year, but we all know what happened there.