Premier League 2016-2017

Maybe they watched the dozens of matches where he was a key player in a team winning trophies and making European finals and decided seven games weren't a fair reflection of his ability.

If I'm paying 89m for someone I expect them to be world class in basically every match they play. Blowing hot and cold isn't going to cut it. If he'd played to the value he's meant to be worth France maybe wouldn't have lost to that dreadful Portugal side.

I understand he doesn't choose the transfer fee but let's face it he has the look of someone who believes his own hype.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I seen a thing on Twitter earlier that stated how much City have spent just on centre backs to try find a partner for big Vince. I forget the figure but it was utterly ridiculous.

Must be, Mangala was £35m or so wasnt he?

Stones - £50m, Mangala - £40m, Otamendi - £32m, Lescott - £22m, Toure - £16m, Nastasic - £12m, Boateng - £11m, Savic - £6m, Demichelis - £3.5m

All signed since Kompany signed. £192.5m

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Has anyone addressed the fact that Pogba isn't really that brilliant?  He'll do well against a lot of the dross of the Premier League, much like he has done against the dross of Serie A, but as soon as it gets to a big game you'll see his Steven Gerrard inspired "me me me" performances shown up by competent opposing midfielders.

Seeing as you like your stats, is there another player who has scored in League Cup, FA cup, UEFA cup and Champions League finals?

3 hours ago, Jamaldo said:

If I'm paying 89m for someone I expect them to be world class in basically every match they play. Blowing hot and cold isn't going to cut it. If he'd played to the value he's meant to be worth France maybe wouldn't have lost to that dreadful Portugal side.

I understand he doesn't choose the transfer fee but let's face it he has the look of someone who believes his own hype.

:lol:

Must be, Mangala was £35m or so wasnt he?

Stones - £50m, Mangala - £40m, Otamendi - £32m, Lescott - £22m, Toure - £16m, Nastasic - £12m, Boateng - £11m, Savic - £6m, Demichelis - £3.5m

All signed since Kompany signed. £192.5m

Everton have played city like a cheap xylophone when it comes to centre halves and to top it theyve spent just £12million on a guy who is miles better than either stones or lescott.

13 hours ago, David W said:

Seeing as you like your stats, is there another player who has scored in League Cup, FA cup, UEFA cup and Champions League finals?

Can't think of one but Drogba did in Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup and has 4 EPL Winners Medals.

13 hours ago, David W said:

Can't help you there I'm afraid, but I can tell you how many leagues he won.

It's zero.

Gerrard.png

22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Can't win a league by yourself.

Luis Suarez nearly did, but then Gerrard made a complete fucking mess of it.

No surprise that as soon as Suarez left, Liverpool reverted back to being a complete and utter irrelevance. 

I think they'll be around midtable, but their season will completely hinge on injuries. They had a nucleus that played the vast majority of games last season that had completely bought in to the way they needed to play, but with the extra European games thrown in, and the weight of expectation this season, I don't see that happening again. Kante will be a huge loss for them as well, was their most important player last year I thought as the protection he gave their defence and drive he provided going forward was incredible.

Would love to see them challenging again, but can't see it sadly.

4 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Luis Suarez nearly did, but then Gerrard made a complete fucking mess of it.

No surprise that as soon as Suarez left, Liverpool reverted back to being a complete and utter irrelevance. 

You are not talking about them again though are you Stew ? ... :)

Archived