Premier League 2016-2017

17 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

Jurgen Klinsmann.

:lol:

13 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I actually agree that Allardyce gets a bad press and I'd even suggest he's maybe even underrated as a manager. But if anyone thinks England's ridiculously overpaid, overrated 'golden generation' after 'golden generation' are going to suddenly learn or make any effort to perform for any manager who isn't Pep or Jose, I fear you are sadly deluded.

England don't currently have a golden generation. They have shite. They have shite who, Alli and Kane aside, aren't close to being the most important/influential players in their club teams. They need a manager who can get the best out of lower-end players who aren't very good. Allardyce's preparation and motivational skills are the best of anyone available.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its quite telling about the whole psyche in the UK that England have one of the highest paying jobs in World football, and the height of their ambition is Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce. 

Big Sam is unquestionably the best option available for England.

As they seem to be choosing to limit themselves to English dross rather than selecting the best man for the job, he probably is.

They should go for Bielsa.

Hope they appoint someone so shit that they manage to finish below Scotland or so good that they hammer everyone. Don't want someone who motivates them to beat Scotland but drops points against the Slovy teams.

Dan Agger today in an interview about his painkilling injections taking their toll, also let a tidbit about Roy Hodgson's coaching methods whilst at Liverpool.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jul/20/daniel-agger-liverpool-story-athletes-pills

“I completely lost my desire to come to work because his training sessions were really hard to get through. Not physically but mentally. It was the same and the same and the same. Day in and day out.
“Often we had eight forwards playing against me and Martin Skrtel [apparently to let Fernando Torres score to regain his confidence]. Skrtel and I had a really hard training session as we were defending against eight with two but the eight players attacking were just faffing around. They had hardly run a kilometre and it was so uninspiring.”

They'll never speak to Hoddle, and he's hardly a media darling in the FA's eyes given his stupid remark about disabled people during his stint.

Talksport itv n even bbc love his ukip style analysis....every ssn pundit was talking him up crazily

10 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

Dan Agger today in an interview about his painkilling injections taking their toll, also let a tidbit about Roy Hodgson's coaching methods whilst at Liverpool.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jul/20/daniel-agger-liverpool-story-athletes-pills

Good article that Sloop. Explains a lot about Aggers years at Liverpool. 

Archived