Gordon Strachan

Elixir

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heard an interview on the radio with him about half an hour ago.

He said we did 'extraordinarily well' in the Euro qualifying group

Did the person interviewing him (presumably a professional journalist) challenge that statement?

Actually, probably no need to answer that.

The media circus clearly bores him, and I don't give a f**k as long as he does a good job (which very much if debatable but I reckon he just about done enough to merit another campaign so let's get on with it).

Three points tomorrow is all that matters right now. The shitey, grumpy answers are not in any way important here.

Can anyone watch this and not cringe at his answers? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37266817

The BBC playing up his 'banter' as well is just terrible. Actually putting in the quote, where he answered the question of 'can we have a quick word, Gordon?' with 'velocity'. 

I didn't cringe at all...thought it was a good little video.

The telling thing for me was one of the teams in the game that was going on was playing in Motherwell strips (no doubt provided courtesy of Mark McGee). Unless it was an actual Motherwell side I would say that is a little embarrassing for the SFA.

11 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

People will genuinely moan about anything.

"Haw, he didny answer every question with 'At the end of the day... y'know... on another day... stats', what a DISC RACE."

He did though.  That's all he ever does.  Cliche after cliche followed by condescending joke aimed at bringing down whichever journalist queries him.  Look at his comment about Oliver Burke.  He knows much better than anyone else.

That interview revealed nothing, other than Darren Fletcher is the new captain and James Morrison the new vice captain.

He did though.  That's all he ever does.  Cliche after cliche followed by condescending joke aimed at bringing down whichever journalist queries him.  Look at his comment about Oliver Burke.  He knows much better than anyone else.

That interview revealed nothing, other than Darren Fletcher is the new captain and James Morrison the new vice captain.

What the f**k do you want? It's all nonsense anyway.

Tomorrow night matters. If we don't win tomorrow then he'll need you answer questions.

Its fairly clear that no matter what Strachan does, some folk hate him to the point where he'll always be criticised for something. I don't think hes the manager we need, but hes not this horrendous manager folk seem desperate to paint him as. I couldn't give a single shit what he says in interviews, as anyone who gets worked up by what a manager says in this sport needs their head seeing too, its all bluster and bullshit from every single one of them

37 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What the f**k do you want? It's all nonsense anyway.

Tomorrow night matters. If we don't win tomorrow then he'll need you answer questions.

No. He needs to answer questions on the utter failure of his last campaign. A win against Malta proves f**k all other than we can beat the diddies, and to be fair, we already know that.

No. He needs to answer questions on the utter failure of his last campaign. A win against Malta proves f**k all other than we can beat the diddies, and to be fair, we already know that.

So just before the new campaign begins you want him to answer questions about the last campaign?

What a ridiculous point of view.

If you don't think Strachan is the right man for the job you have two choices right now:

1. Accept the decision taken to have him in charge for this campaign (which was taken months ago) and get behind the team in the hope you're proved wrong.

Or

2. Hope we get beat so that you'll be proved right and he'll be sacked.

Spoiler: anyone with any intelligence chooses option 1.

Accepting option 1 is to accept that our FA are utter shitebags.

Oh, and the "we did well" thing is a bit more meaningful than you seem to think, and completely indicative of what's wrong with him. If he was to say the players we have are better than they showed, it'd have shown that he has faith that they are capable of qualifying from capable groups. Instead he did what he always did, and undervalued his squad.

So we'll go with option three, and just hope that he proves me wrong in this campaign, without accepting that the FA are happy to accept failure.

Archived