Gordon Strachan

Elixir

Sad that I think a lot of people would actually be happy with that to happen for the reason you've mentioned

Such is the life of a football manager. Especially a Scotland one.

Would it surprise you if it finished 0-0 in Malta?

I really hope history doesn't keep repeating itself, but there's just that nagging doubt.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Such is the life of a football manager. Especially a Scotland one.

Would it surprise you if it finished 0-0 in Malta?

I really hope history doesn't keep repeating itself, but there's just that nagging doubt.

I don't think it would be a shocker if it did finish 0-0 tbh, but I do have a feeling that we'll kick off with a good result here.

Sad that I think a lot of people would actually be happy with that to happen for the reason you've mentioned

Noone would be happy with us dropping points. The strachanfan boy thing really has devolved you from reality.

Noone would be happy with us dropping points. The strachanfan boy thing really has devolved you from reality.

I don't like Gordon Strachan.

I find myself sticking up for him more often than not because of the bizarre and unfair criticism he receives.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don't like Gordon Strachan.

I find myself sticking up for him more often than not because of the bizarre and unfair criticism he receives.

Don't you know?  If you're not fully critical of Strachan then you clearly love him and are *cringe* a fanboy.  There are no middle grounds.

Aye sure....

I've said I would like to see us try get Michael O Neill, said he was being a fud on a few occasions now in the last few weeks after various comments in regards to our league etc again, and I've criticised the squad selection with Bardsley, and McCormack in particulars omission/Martins inclusion.

I'm not bothered he's in charge but he's certainly not my ideal guy and I'm certainly not a fanboy.

Just find myself getting really wound up at some absolutely ridiculous shouts on here.

In fairness it's always been the same, I can't remember the last time most Scotland fans were happy with the way things were going. Would have to be the 08 campaign and after that the very start of Strachans tenure.

I fully expect everybody to still be miserable and moan when the next manager comes in and the campaign rolls around.

A lot of folk are unhappy because nothing is really changing. Strachan has pretty much continued to play the same proven failures in the same manner that his predecessors did (with a few exceptions). He started well and seemed to bring something new and fresh (mainly a confidence), but that's gone now.

If the next manager comes in, uses the same proven failures whilst playing in the same manner (especially away from home) and we fail to even challenge to qualify, of course folk will moan, and rightly so.

Best way to stop the moaning, stop being shite. Gordy can select a team entirely made up of has-beens and OF journeymen for all I care as long as you qualify for something. Maintain that selection policy and still be shite, take your medicine. Lee fucking Wallace, honestly?

People werent moaning about the smith n mcleish selections because they were getting good results and performances against really good sides. People are unhappy because we aren't getting good performances and the overall group of players is probably better now than those two managers to pick from

Strachan, on the whole, plays the best players possible in the actual game.  He has a few :lol: selections in the squad that never get on the pitch.  His hands are sort of tied with who he can pick.

His problem is that he's a fucking terrible manager.  His honours at Celtic don't really hold up due to them dwarfing the other clubs in the league resource wise, bar Rangers. He's exactly like Walter Smith in that respect; a total failure at Everton where he didn't manage the big club and had to actually think about how he was going to set a team up to win a game.

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I'm just reading up on some match reports and Watt does seem to be an in form player, so fair play to Strachan.

worryingly that we class an in form player as someone with 1 goal this season to his name from 5 appearances in all comps, should we try call up kenny miller as well lol

46 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Strachan, on the whole, plays the best players possible in the actual game.  He has a few :lol: selections in the squad that never get on the pitch.  His hands are sort of tied with who he can pick.

His problem is that he's a fucking terrible manager.  His honours at Celtic don't really hold up due to them dwarfing the other clubs in the league resource wise, bar Rangers. He's exactly like Walter Smith in that respect; a total failure at Everton where he didn't manage the big club and had to actually think about how he was going to set a team up to win a game.

think you're being a bit harsh with his celtic honours, he did make it to the last 16 of the CL twice with a celtic squad downsizing from the big spending era of MoN, he used players like lee naylor, gary caldwell and stephen mcmanus and got them further than MoN did with big money buys like Hartson, Sutton etc

everything else i agree with though

think you're being a bit harsh with his celtic honours, he did make it to the last 16 of the CL twice with a celtic squad downsizing from the big spending era of MoN, he used players like lee naylor, gary caldwell and stephen mcmanus and got them further than MoN did with big money buys like Hartson, Sutton etc

everything else i agree with though

Agree with this

worryingly that we class an in form player as someone with 1 goal this season to his name from 5 appearances in all comps, should we try call up kenny miller as well lol

He's only scored one but according to the BBC reports (I know, I know) he had a good game against Inverness the week before. Only two games, so it does seem a bit rash, but hey. He's probably only going to be warming the bench or sitting in the stand.

I just think Strachan is an obnoxious little w****r, his press conferences are cringingly embarrassing and he is ridiculously stubborn when it comes to picking some players. I'm really struggling to get behind Scotland with him in charge. f**k off Gordon please.

On 8/31/2016 at 13:02, 1320Lichtie said:

That's just silly.

I don't think any Scotland fan wants anything other than three points here.

Qualifying for tournaments is a lot more enjoyable than moaning about a manager.  If we do struggle though - and I think a 0-0 result is a distinct possibility - then of course he'll get criticised.

I'm dying for us not be on the back foot in the early stages of a campaign.  

Archived