Gordon Strachan

Elixir

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I certainly didn't say all journalists were cretins. There is a 24 hour media industry and the same questions get discussed ad nauseum.

His views on the game don't necessarily matter either. His job is to pick the team and get the results. The first campaign obviously ended in failure but in the aftermath of that it was decided to giver him another go. I think that was the right decision and I think a majority of fans agree.

I think, on balance, that it was the wrong decision.

You might be right about the majority if Faro was anything to go by.  How depressing.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His slate is not clean.

Your hatred for him (not that you're alone, granted) is out of kilter with rational behavior.

Support the team fully and don't jump to blame as soon as we fall behind in this campaign. The 'told you so' brigade are absolutely infuriating.

I think, on balance, that it was the wrong decision.

You might be right about the majority if Faro was anything to go by.  How depressing.

I'm certainly not criticising you (or anyone) for thinking he should've left at the end of the last campaign. It's the way your criticism is coming across. It's certainly not appearing balanced.

30 minutes ago, Rabinho said:

He's not the first coach to ignore him, the player is 30 now so there's a long list of coaches who haven't seen fit to build their team round him.

yup, however there is now a long list of coaches who have failed to qualify scotland for a major finals, not sayinc mccormack is the answer, but as its been argued elsewhere, continuing with the same group of failures funnily enough brings failure, maybe we actually need a manager who will think outside the box, try something completely different that will change scotlands fortunes

Your hatred for him (not that you're alone, granted) is out of kilter with rational behavior.

Support the team fully and don't jump to blame as soon as we fall behind in this campaign. The 'told you so' brigade are absolutely infuriating.

Folk are verging on wanting us to lose so they can tell everyone how right they were about the team being failures.

How tragic is that.

Folk are verging on wanting us to lose so they can tell everyone how right they were about the team being failures.

How tragic is that.

Rubbish.....noone wants us to lose. Defending gs is one thing but lies about people who criticise him is piss poor. We ALL want Scotland to succeed. It's just that a significant number of people have seen that post Gibraltar home game Strachan has been dire and stubborn

12 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What have I said that isn't rational?

I'm fed up with Strachan.  He failed badly in the second half of the campaign and has spoken little but insulting rubbish since.

I want him to do well because I support Scotland.  I don't however, have a great deal of faith in his ability to do so.

It's bizarre that this confuses people.

What have I said that isn't rational?

I'm fed up with Strachan.  He failed badly in the second half of the campaign and has spoken little but insulting rubbish since.

I want him to do well because I support Scotland.  I don't however, have a great deal of faith in his ability to do so.

It's bizarre that this confuses people.

It's the nature of the criticism and the fact that it's so constant. Even on the eve of a new campaign.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

It's the nature of the criticism and the fact that it's so constant. Even on the eve of a new campaign.

its arguable that its justified given that from recent friendlies we dont look to have dealt with any of the deficiencies seen in the last campaign, and when we had the audacity to try something new against the danes, the minute we had a blip, strachan shit his pants and reverted to normal operations which as the last campaign showed, wasnt good enough

its arguable that its justified given that from recent friendlies we dont look to have dealt with any of the deficiencies seen in the last campaign, and when we had the audacity to try something new against the danes, the minute we had a blip, strachan shit his pants and reverted to normal operations which as the last campaign showed, wasnt good enough

He's brought in 7 new faces has he not? Surely that's trying something different.

We're starting a new campaign. There's a time to snipe at the manager. This isn't it.

Not really sure what pandarilla's going on about here.

Of course I want Scotland to win. If Strachan takes us to the World Cup, I'll be absolutely delighted. Obviously.

If we fail to win in Malta tomorrow and I want to call our useless clown of a manager a useless clown, I'll go ahead and do that.

2 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Not really sure what pandarilla's going on about here.

Of course I want Scotland to win. If Strachan takes us to the World Cup, I'll be absolutely delighted. Obviously.

If we fail to win in Malta tomorrow and I want to call our useless clown of a manager a useless clown, I'll go ahead and do that.

There is absolutely no contradiction in that, but plenty see one.

An amusing bonus attached to any Scotland win tomorrow, will be people objecting to Strachan's critics on here being pleased about it.

20 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

That's the thing though, people aren't waiting until after the game. He's already being criticised as if we're already out with people still saying he should be sacked now.

Some people have been too busy getting their 'I told you so' posts ready, at least wait until we've fucked the campaign ffs.

He's being criticised because he's failed so far.

If he turns it around and makes a success of this campaign, great. It won't mean people were wrong to criticise him for his previous failings, it will mean he's made up for them.

It's a curious position from the folk arguing that football fans aren't allowed to have an opinion at any point if they want to react to anything as it happens. Seems like it's you lot who see things through a 'told you so' perspective and are worried that your boy's about to be shown up again. Our collective lack of confidence in Strachan is seemingly something we can all agree on.

That's the thing though, people aren't waiting until after the game. He's already being criticised as if we're already out with people still saying he should be sacked now.

Some people have been too busy getting their 'I told you so' posts ready, at least wait until we've fucked the campaign ffs.

People are unhappy cos he screwed up the last half of the last campaign. It isn't this game it's the failure in last half of the last set of matches

1 minute ago, dogmc said:

People are unhappy cos he screwed up the last half of the last campaign. It isn't this game it's the failure in last half of the last set of matches

But he's been given the job for this campaign. So surely it makes more sense to show a bit of support for the team rather than act as if we're already out and criticise things that might not even happen (see the rumour that Watt might start, or that Burke might not)?

But he's been given the job for this campaign. So surely it makes more sense to show a bit of support for the team rather than act as if we're already out and criticise things that might not even happen (see the rumour that Watt might start, or that Burke might not)?

No one so far has been unsupportive of the team tho have they??plus I doubt any players are watching this thread worrying if it will make them better footballers

Archived