Champions League 2016/17

lichtie23

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to see a few different sides making the latter stages this year in Monaco and Leicester, not convinced either will go any further unless they draw each other though, sadly.

Monaco v Dortmund
Bayern v Real Madrid
Juventus v Barcelona
Atletico v Leicester

Would be my favoured draw.

Was in work late... drove to my 5s, on my way to 5s Stuart Pearce and the co commentator were saying, at 8.50pm with City 2-0 down that they think city will get 1 and if they get 1 they'll go on to get 3 or 4.

Arrogance of them down there is absolutely staggering.

City's away record against the top 7 in the league and the decent sides they've faced in Europe is pretty dismal. By my reckoning they've only managed to beat Utd.

Good win for Monaco as they continue to score a freakish amount of goals despite not taking a massive amount of shots. They're a joy to watch and it'll be sad when they get ripped apart in the summer. Hopefully they get drawn against Dortmund or Real next round for another goalfest.

29 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Ligue 1 is such a bad league that they have had 7 Champions League quarter-finalists since 2012. The Premier League? 5...

True but is that not because the premiers league is sooooo demanding week in week out! Or so talk sport would have you believe! 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Ligue 1 is such a bad league that they have had 7 Champions League quarter-finalists since 2012. The Premier League? 5...

Or -
The Premier League has had 4 clubs in the quarter finals. Ligue 1, 3.
English and French clubs have met 3 times, English winning 2 and French 1.

That's the thing with stats. You can present them to suit an agenda.

That was a really enjoyable game tonight. Monaco are an extremely impressive team and City had plenty of chances to equalise before they actually did.

People slate the Champions League on here and tbh a year or so ago I'd probably become a bit bored of it but the standard of play in the latter stages is generally excellent, and the entertainment is often very good too.

That was a really enjoyable game tonight. Monaco are an extremely impressive team and City had plenty of chances to equalise before they actually did.
People slate the Champions League on here and tbh a year or so ago I'd probably become a bit bored of it but the standard of play in the latter stages is generally excellent, and the entertainment is often very good too.

I was pretty bored of it until this past few weeks tbh. I stuck on games because they were on, rather than with any enthusiasm, but this round has had some very very enjoyable games and I've found myself more interested than I have for a few years.

Archived