Champions League 2016/17

lichtie23

I thought City played quite well last night and the first goal they conceded was stunning bad luck. Up until then they gave as good as they got and probably had the better of the chances.

Once the goalkeeper was sent off they continued to attack but that obviously i resulted in less attention on Messi and the inevitable happened. It was never a 4-0 game.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lineker was right. He didn't play that great by his own standards, yet he scored 3, won a penalty and set the 4th up.

That's why stands him apart from every other player who's ever set foot on a football pitch.

Aye but is he tall enough to defend a corner ??

Apart from Ronaldo who often does nothing else but score 3+ goals in a match.

Ronaldo spends an entire match running about like a demented idiot, trying to get involved in everything. Whereas Messi just floats about the pitch, as if he's not got a care in the world. What chance would any other Madrid player have of taking a penalty that Ronaldo had won, while he's already scored 3 goals, none whatsoever.

Commentators summed it up on the highlights shows. Ronaldo has spent his life pushing himself everyday to become the best he can possibly be. Messi is just that bit better, without really trying.

3 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Ronaldo spends an entire match running about like a demented idiot

The complete lunacy displayed here completely voids any opinion you have on the issue. Why do grown men fanboy over a player who doesn't even play for their team?

The complete lunacy displayed here completely voids any opinion you have on the issue. Why do grown men fanboy over a player who doesn't even play for their team?

Grown men using the term fanboy.......

There's no issue whatsoever, regarding the subject. I've previously stated in the Ronaldo/Messi thread that I actually prefer Ronaldo, it just happens to be that Messi is the better player.

Just now, MONKMAN said:

Grown men using the term fanboy.......

There's no issue whatsoever, regarding the subject. I've previously stated in the Ronaldo/Messi thread that I actually prefer Ronaldo, it just happens to be that Messi is the better player.

I see no other reason for you stating that one of the world's two best players "runs about like a demented idiot". It's the words of a simpleton.

I see no other reason for you stating that one of the world's two best players "runs about like a demented idiot". It's the words of a simpleton.

I've never once played down Ronaldo's ability, as there's no argument against him and Messi being the two best ever. I'm merely commenting that the manner in which he uses his talent, is completely different to the way Messi looks in matches.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37720274

This tournament just keeps getting further and further from everything I value in football.

No doubt played at 7pm local time in order to "reach and grow the local market".

I'm certainly no #AMFer, but moving what is still - name aside - the European cup final out with Europe would be farcical. 

"It's a European competition so let's think about it.''...playing the Final in New York. Yep, that makes sense.

They're already gearing up to it with the summer international tournament trials. It's just a matter of time before CL games go worldwide I expect.

The bidding process is one of the worst elements of modern sport. Millions and millions that could go to grass roots sports development wasted in cock measuring presentations, jaunts, freebees and backhanders. No wonder they want this introduced asap.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived