IRN-BRU Cup First Round Draw

Jaggy Snake

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I see that Celtic 'B' v Annan - at Greenock - has been selected for live TV coverage, on Premier Sports :lol:.

Are viewing figures released for that channel? Could be the lowest ever for a Scottish competitive game? Imagine Celtic pubs may stick it on and ultimate die-hards at home.

No free-to-air TV coverage for the cup in Northern Ireland, btw, just Scotland/Wales.

I believe they submit they;re viewing figures to  BARB and we'll be able to see them 10-14 days after the event.

I got into a discussion on their official Facebook page with them, and they said:

[we] Think it is a great idea to give them [U20s] some experience of facing part and full time teams.

I was wondering if anyone knew the permatations if a first round match ends in a draw.  

Is the game played on the evening to a result? via extra time then penalties if they are required or is there a replay or straight to penalties? 

I can't see anything explained on the SPFL website http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/irn-bru-cup--first-round-draw/

2 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Clyde under 20's v Partick thistle under 20's admission prices £10 £5 for concessions

Think scottish football has finally lost its mind ha ha

I had little if any interest in going to this. That seals the deal.

Good luck to the peg sellers in the next round :)

4 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

I was wondering if anyone knew the permatations if a first round match ends in a draw.  

Is the game played on the evening to a result? via extra time then penalties if they are required or is there a replay or straight to penalties? 

I can't see anything explained on the SPFL website http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/irn-bru-cup--first-round-draw/

Extra time ans penalties.

I had little if any interest in going to this. That seals the deal.

Good luck to the peg sellers in the next round [emoji4]

Apparently we are playing mostly our under 20 and few fringe players so you might be disappointed and progress :)

This one is for the ultra diehards on both sides

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

Clyde under 20's v Partick thistle under 20's admission prices £10 £5 for concessions

Think scottish football has finally lost its mind ha ha

It's still cheaper than the QP v Killie U20s at Hampden - £12 and £6 there. You're right though, total "heids gone" by certain people in Scottish football with these prices. It was only £10 at Firhill on Saturday for Thistle v Queen's in the League Cup, so well done Thistle. And well done to clubs like Stirling who have sensibly reduced prices for their Irn Bru Cup ties. How anyone can expect fans to pay full price for games v U20s teams is beyond me. If U20 sides are to be a permanent feature of this tournament then the rules for minimum pricing need to changed.

31 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

£5/£2 for Motherwell u20s vs Edinburgh City at Fir Park. I'll probably head along.

If it was the same prices at Hampden then I would probably head along there on Tuesday - it's less than 15 minutes walk from where I live. At £12 there's no chance I'm going. I like the Challenge Cup - Queen's were semi finalists last season and it gives the lower division teams a chance to win some silverware. The introduction of U20s has been badly managed and the problems of overpricing and changes of venue have damaged the credibility of the tournament.

34 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Also something I was wondering, presumably our 20s will then be cup tied for the competition if the end up going out on a Dev loan to a team still involved?

Would imagine so you would only be able to play for 1 team in the competition.

29 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Would imagine so you would only be able to play for 1 team in the competition.

Yeah, that would seem straightforward you'd think. I was just curious given the nature of the development loan where a player can still represent the parent club's u20 side while being out on loan.

Some interesting facts from Colin Paterson in the Daily Record.

"YOUNGSTERS on a Development Loan from a Premiership outfit will be eligible to play for their parent club's under-20s in the IRN-BRU Cup, with the exception of those who are cup-tied. No trialists are permitted which means only signed and registered players can feature in games"

On top of prize / exit monies All 54 clubs will receive £740 of stock from AG Barr, the competition sponsors, which will normally come in the form of Strathmore bottled water.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/irn-bru-cup-how-much-8196025#QQ7SFjPMAxSD8EzP.97

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Yeah, that would seem straightforward you'd think. I was just curious given the nature of the development loan where a player can still represent the parent club's u20 side while being out on loan.

Aye they can play in the development league and youth cup but I would imagine they could only play for 1 side in the Irn Bru cup. never ever know with the SPFL though!

Archived