Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

1 hour ago, forameus said:

I had similar, although I managed to take him down.  Went tracking and shot him a couple of times, but the fucker just kept coming.  He tossed me about a bit and then pinned me down, but managed to get 4 or 5 completely blind shots off as he swung.  Took him out despite not seeing what the f**k I was doing.

Actually surprised at how few bugs are noticeable on this.  You'd think with such a sprawling game there'd be loads (Hiya Bethesda...) but the only questionable one I've seen are people sometimes not reacting to certain crimes.  I was on one of my usual chain of 10 witnesses to try and clean up, and had it down to one passenger of a wagon who was trying to flee.  Managed to get her to stop, then pressed the wrong button and robbed her...just as someone rode past.  He didn't see much of a problem with it though, and rode on. 

Still chased him down and killed him though.  No.  Witnesses.

I've noticed a few of the NPC's glitching and suddenly moving from one place to another or hovering about.  I just assume it's something to do with them or me being in the wrong place for something scripted to happen and the game is trying to sort itself out.  I can't say it's spoiled my enjoyment of it.

Only noticeable glitch I've had so far was when I was mucking about in the camp looking for collectables. Picked up photo of Hosea and his wife, put it back and he spawned *right* behind me.  Most I've jumped since I started playing. 

Actually my horse got stuck on some stairs in Valentine but I went into a shop and it had sorted itself when I exited. 

Has anyone downloaded and synched up the companion app?  I'm not really sure what the point of it is.

I was playing last night and had just finished a mission and was starting to head back to camp.  It was dark and I noticed someone up on a hill with a lantern.  I slowed down a bit to see what was going on and about half a dozen other guys on horseback with lanterns came steaming round the hill and killed me almost straight away.

Shat myself.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Has anyone downloaded and synched up the companion app?  I'm not really sure what the point of it is.
I was playing last night and had just finished a mission and was starting to head back to camp.  It was dark and I noticed someone up on a hill with a lantern.  I slowed down a bit to see what was going on and about half a dozen other guys on horseback with lanterns came steaming round the hill and killed me almost straight away.
Shat myself.
App isn't compatible with my old phone :( Was speaking to a guy who uses it and says it's superb. I think you can have your map up on it constantly amd sync with your game, so can leave your phone propped up while you do what you have to. He said the bandits and bounty hunters are in real time so he can now see them a mile away through the app and make his escape.

Will get back to this tonight. Not played since Sunday, work/university/real life has taken precedence, tried to avoid as many things as I can but enjoy a read of this thread and a chat with my mates about it. Seems like nobody wants to spoil it for anyone else. [emoji1303]

Everyone's experiences been pretty unique with the NPCs/Strangers etc. Love this game.

Anyone done the gold bar glitch? Or is that too much like cheating?

Is there an easier way to get out of being stuck? e.g I accidently put the oil tanker thing the wrong side of the barn and got stuck unable to move. Had to leave it and run around finding someone to kill me.