Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Still on Chapter 2 :lol:

I spent my last session exploring the snow-covered Grizzlies, back to the locations at the start of the game in case I missed much.  There wasn't much to see apart from scoping out the wildlife.

I then spotted the white arabian that I've seen mentioned on the thread, at the other side of a spring.  Getting it calm was like David Attenborough with the silverback gorilla, I was crouched beside it for ages before braving the mount.  Nice horse though! 

Edited by bunglebonce

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Another 2 hours played last night with not a mission touched :D

Anyone got a perfect Raccoon pelt? Can't even find a fucking Raccoon.

I found one, but he was very much not perfect by the time I realised the flies around the horse were coming from its rotting carcass.

Another 2 hours played last night with not a mission touched [emoji3]

Anyone got a perfect Raccoon pelt? Can't even find a fucking Raccoon.
How do you get perfect pelts? There is so much to this game. I am 14% complete on story having only done a handful of missions but theres so much other stuff that its daunting. I almost feel like I am holding back. I havent attempted to upgrade my camp or any of that stuff yet either.

I went back for the big bear lastnight but it said It wont come back there for a wee while so have to revisit that b*****d.

How do you get perfect pelts? There is so much to this game. I am 14% complete on story having only done a handful of missions but theres so much other stuff that its daunting. I almost feel like I am holding back. I havent attempted to upgrade my camp or any of that stuff yet either.

I went back for the big bear lastnight but it said It wont come back there for a wee while so have to revisit that b*****d.
Depends on the animal but for smaller game the varmint rifle or the bow with specially crafted small game arrows. The bigger beasts you're wanting a one shot kill with a sniper rifle and the better bullets.

Depends on the animal but for smaller game the varmint rifle or the bow with specially crafted small game arrows. The bigger beasts you're wanting a one shot kill with a sniper rifle and the better bullets.
Thats fine then I still dont have the coin yet to buy the best gear but will get there soon hopefully. Just seemed everything I killed is poor atm.

You're supposed to scope them out first. Every animal has 3 stars and if all 3 stars are filled it's in perfect condition. When you track it, show information (R1) and it tells you the best ammunition to get a clean kill.

Finding ANY raccoon is my problem just now :(

Sounds like New Austin has been  incorporated into this game too, great news. I always hoped when they made a new game they'd create a much bigger map and leave New Austin and Nuevo Parisio (can live without that) untouched in a corner. Armadillo may be my favourite town, fictional or real!

You're supposed to scope them out first. Every animal has 3 stars and if all 3 stars are filled it's in perfect condition. When you track it, show information (R1) and it tells you the best ammunition to get a clean kill.

Finding ANY raccoon is my problem just now [emoji20]

I have been attacked by several raccoons [emoji23]

Go to the Elysian pool and up to the top bit where the top of the waterfall is, it's up there, there's also something else around about that area if you happen to rob a certain homestead...

Watch out for murfreee traps too, sticks over the top of an open dug hole [emoji23]

Weapons to use for perfect pelts below, animals obviously have to be 3 stars and need to get one shot kills

IMG_0323.jpgIMG_0324.jpgIMG_0325.jpgIMG_0326.jpgIMG_0327.jpg

Bit annoyed that online is coming to be honest from a selfish perspective.  I've not had near enough time to play this, so still under 40% complete.  Really want to finish the single player all the way through before I go onto Online, but I know if I leave it, I'll end up a level 1 jobber amongst level 40 geeks who've spent every hour of the day on it.  GTA Online was bad enough for that.  Will probably start it off tonight (I think I'm eligible for that) just to get going, see how it is, then go back to single player until it's done.

Sounds like New Austin has been  incorporated into this game too, great news. I always hoped when they made a new game they'd create a much bigger map and leave New Austin and Nuevo Parisio (can live without that) untouched in a corner. Armadillo may be my favourite town, fictional or real!

Is Armadillo the one with the cholera outbreak?

I was walking into the gun shop in St Denis the other day and some guy bumped into me and pickpocketed me.

Chased him, hogtied him and took him out to the swamps and dropped him next to an alligator. That’ll teach him.

Also I was riding along the other day and I came across 2 government agents executing two guys. I watched from afar to avoid getting dragged into it but they were saying things like “only registered agents can do this” and other references that made me think the victims were perhaps Lemoyne Raiders.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Finding ANY raccoon is my problem just now :(

I did not know that. That is extremely helpful, thank you.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I assume most folk got the code for the war horse and outlaw survival pack with the game? I have redeemed it on my PS4 but did so while the game is downloading. So wheres my shit? Or do I already have it?

Not too sure about the survival pack but you can access the horses at stables. Not certain if you can access it before then or not but you get taken to the stables as part of a quest early in chapter 2.