SNP Deputy Leader

Dunning1874

25 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

World exclusive !!!!!!!!!!!!  Despite Wee Burney insisting that independence would result in the oil flowing, the wind never stopping blowing, the Scottish Groat leading the world economies, immediate entry into the E.U. and the absolute insistence that no SNP member disagrees with her, the first crack and dissent and realism comes from no other than Angus Robertson. "Independence is not as easy as we have been telling everyone" 

Tam, what does Wee Burney mean?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

World exclusive !!!!!!!!!!!!  Despite Wee Burney insisting that independence would result in the oil flowing, the wind never stopping blowing, the Scottish Groat leading the world economies, immediate entry into the E.U. and the absolute insistence that no SNP member disagrees with her, the first crack and dissent and realism comes from no other than Angus Robertson. "Independence is not as easy as we have been telling everyone" 

It's actually pretty fascinating to observe people who are so fundamentally opposed to their own country being independent. I wonder if it's linked to some kind of psychological trauma or condition.

11 hours ago, strichener said:

Not having 100% control over the source of your income does not absolve you of responsibility for what you decide to spend it on. 

The next time you hear our southern friends complaining about our free prescriptions, you can always tell them that they have better roads.

I actually agree with the first part.  However until we have complete control over our finances we don't have complete control over expenditure.  We are effectively determining how to best spend a budget that someone else is setting.

29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I actually agree with the first part.  However until we have complete control over our finances we don't have complete control over expenditure.  We are effectively determining how to best spend a budget that someone else is setting.

We blew at least £29m on the scrapped Glasgow Airport Rail Link.

This was due for completion in 2013, however it was scrapped in 2009 due to spending cuts, despite being signed off by the Scottish Parliament.

Turns out they look like going for some kind of a rail link after all.  Should have built it in the first place.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-24352404

"£840,000 in taxpayers' cash was used to buy land near the airport which was owned by businessman John McGlynn. It was later sold back to him for £50,000"

You can't 'blow' money by ceasing to build something: and the costs were sunk against the wishes of the Scottish Government by Labour and their busted flush lackeys at Holyrood. The same brains' trust that brought Edinburgh its disastrous tram project, again against the better judgement of the Scottish Government. 

Better luck next time, you trainspotting weirdo, Labour drone. 

On 05/08/2016 at 12:23, vikingTON said:

He's not; He's both a gobshite and a complete imbecile. Any idea on whether and when the ordinary voters get to crush the councillor's ludicrous delusions of adequacy?

He's just your average Morten fan by the sound of that.

They've had 8 (eight) years of having the chance to throw every little thing at the SNP government and they still can't make anything stick, with the SNP increasing it's share of the first vote in three consecutive Holyrood elections. What an absolute fucking minter for the Britnats.

3 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

Didn't Cameron promise a shiny new rail link if we voted no ?

A £1.13 billion Glasgow City Deal was announced in 2014.  Any future link would be out of that budget apparently.

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=13045

As for the original Glasgow Airport Rail Link with the spur line near Paisley St James, that's water under the bridge it appears, and it's likely to be some kind of a slower tram-train system that may not be here until 2025 if it goes ahead.

When, and only when, the Scottish Government (whatever their political flavour) has control over the whole of the Scottish economy can we condemn them for failings in our services.  Whilst Westminster hold the purse strings it is ridiculous to criticise the way the Scottish Government split the resources that are handed to them.

Utter bollocks by you. What a surprise!

Hustings in Dunfermline on Thursday. I have my initial prefered candidate although i'm prepared to hear what they say before making my final decision.

Compare this calibre to "Scottish" Labour and it's fucking obscene. The daft c***s sent me an email asking me to consider standing in Glasgow next year. How they got my email address is anyone's guess! 

They are embarrassingly incompetent.

11 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar said:

You would know. When nats like you are just little minions to.nationalism and totally brain dead.

There's that zingy banter again.  Well done you!!!!!

Anyway back on topic I'm backing Tommy Shepherd but it will probably be Robertson by a mile.

Angus is a good guy but I would rather someone who isn't so in with the bricks. Alyn Smith just seems a little pleased with himself. McEleny should have been binned for his abuse of the party's mail system.

Archived