SNP Deputy Leader

Dunning1874

19 hours ago, microdave said:

Leaning towards Angus but will make my mind up after the hustings in Dumbarton tonight.

All 4 impressed me last night and in the end I went 1. Angus 2, Alyn 3. Tommy 4. Chris

Angus got my first vote based on his track record of campaign organising, being leader at Westminster and the idea of the leadership team being from an urban and rural constituency.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are ballots being distributed to members? Wouldn't normally take part in an internal vote but the opportunity to deliver another kick to that puffed-up moron McEleny's political career would be irresistible. 

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

How are ballots being distributed to members? Wouldn't normally take part in an internal vote but the opportunity to deliver another kick to that puffed-up moron McEleny's political career would be irresistible. 

I was e-mailed mine.

Angus 1 and Tommy 2. Other two binned. It's too early for Tommy but he's right to have a go and I'm certain a lot of the newbies in the party are getting frustrated about the pace of progress. Need to bear in mind that part of the Deputy post is to step up if something happens to The Wee Bidey.  Running the country needs a bit more experience than running a comedy club. Although there is an ironic parallel there with May and Westminster.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Robertson - 52.5%
Sheppard - 25.53%
Smith - 18.6%

McEleny - 3.38% :lol:

Was always going to struggle to do much as a councillor when the others are all fairly established names in one way or another. Not really sure what the point of standing when he's got next to no profile was in the end.

4 hours ago, TonMan said:

Was always going to struggle to do much as a councillor when the others are all fairly established names in one way or another. Not really sure what the point of standing when he's got next to no profile was in the end.

People have heard of him now. Quick way to raise your profile I suppose.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived