Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Apart from some snowflakery from Cristophe. 

Absolutely. Spent about three pages trying to drum something up that isn't there then sprints to GN to do nothing but show himself up. 

Unsurprising. 

Just now, Dele said:

Absolutely. Spent about three pages trying to drum something up that isn't there then sprints to GN to do nothing but show himself up. 

Unsurprising. 

Basically, some boy stands out as a barrack room lawyer, talks shite and when Cowdenbeath's statement comes to light acts like nothing has happened.

Guest Moomintroll
Cranium detachment on the Belgium v Scotland thread and not in a good way.
Dafuq is going on there?

Guest Moomintroll
Credit to Bonksy for possibly the most obscure reason for a meltdown in P&B history. 
f**k you & your stupid hat with a feather. Wait, you probably own one of these for non Tartan Army related reasons don't you?

Just now, Moomintroll said:
4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
Credit to Bonksy for possibly the most obscure reason for a meltdown in P&B history. 

f**k you & your stupid hat with a feather. Wait, you probably own one of these for non Tartan Army related reasons don't you?

It's probably the only part of the TA outfit I'd wear, yes. 

29 minutes ago, The OP said:

If Bonksy encourages one fewer Scotland supporter to wear that daft hat with a kilt and CAT boots it'll all be worthwhile. 

I thought it was the others hat lost their heads. Bonksy is stating FACTS!

Guest Moomintroll
Sarge, what headgear are you wearing?

Guest Moomintroll
Pfft. Sme folk would have us returning to the compulsory flat cap days. Not enough feathered headwear in Scottish fitba in my opinion...
My new look for Scotland games.adult-indian-chieftain-headdress.jpg

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Sarge, what headgear are you wearing?

The hat that will fit my big heid hasn't been made yet.

I suppose one should wear the blue bonnet (with a white cockade if you're a Jacobite) to be Scottish:

"Despite its earlier association with the Covenanters, adorned with a white cockade the blue bonnet was also adopted as an emblem of Jacobitism.[8] Its political symbolism became overt: one night in December 1748, over two years after the failure of the 1745 Jacobite rising, someone scaled the Edinburgh Parliament House and dressed the lion in the Scottish royal arms in a white wig, blue bonnet, and large white cockade"

"Blue Bonnets o'er the Border" is also a cracking tune (possible National Anthem material?) and was played by Bill Millin, Lord Lovat's piper on D-Day:

At Bénouville, where they again came under fire, the CO of 6 Commando asked Millin to play them down the main street. He suggested that Millin should run, but the piper insisted on walking and, as he played Blue Bonnets Over the Border, the commandos followed.

"When they came to the crossing which later became known as Pegasus Bridge, troops on the other side signalled frantically that it was under sniper fire. Lovat ordered Millin to shoulder his bagpipes and play the commandos over. “It seemed like a very long bridge,” Millin said afterwards."