Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

55 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I'm not aware of whatever backstory there is to all this, I've only really used the site for a couple of years or so I think.

But I've long thought the treatment of Bennet on here is pretty disgraceful.

Like I said, I may have missed some kind of backstory, but I've never seen much from him that is offensive. There are certainly far nastier and less constructive posters on the site who attract nowhere near the same levels of stick. I don't really understand it.

A whole team of posters seem to spend a lot of their time on the site giving him a hard time over fairly innocuous posts and going out of their way to red-dot everything he posts. You can say what you like about red dots on a website being inconsequential, but there's something wrong with a mind prepared to devote time and effort to just trying to make someone else feel bad. Bunch of c***s if you ask me.

This whole thread is poor stuff, imo. A thread for wrong 'uns. And here I am.

9E0C04A6-1026-4A1B-ABD7-1D911B5CB8ED.png.316b0661abdb0fafec1efb56408dbfcc.png

You take your Pie and Bovril experience far too seriously bud.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Well it's not an entirely one way street.

image.png.1880dee569f1be1a764c542a153eed58.png

Yeah, but look how many people do that to him every day.

One guy going around red dotting other people is a bit different to a pack of people going around red dotting one guy.

It's a slightly worrying way to behave.

Guest JTS98
12 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

9E0C04A6-1026-4A1B-ABD7-1D911B5CB8ED.png.316b0661abdb0fafec1efb56408dbfcc.png

You take your Pie and Bovril experience far too seriously bud.

That's far too easy a get out for people who just want to behave like an arsehole behind an anonymous username.

Bullying is bullying. Being part of a group of people who day-in day-out pick on another poster is the behaviour of massive bell-ends. Even if he was a bellend himself, it would not be ok.

It displays a worrying lack of thought for the consequences of those kind of actions.

Edited by JTS98

No doubt theres a lot to the bennett thing. He has done a lot of trolling and getting involved in nonsense over the years. Probably could say made a rod for his own back.

Then oddly as the footballs season was stopped he became a bit of a normal poster again and started seeming quite sensible. I dont think he is anywhere near as think as gets made out. Then over the last week the stuff he put in the riots thread was just weird. If you take that in conjunction with stuff from the depression thread which I haven't seen maybe it should have been obvious that he was toiling.

Everyone has probably took part in a pile on or went a bit over the top with online abuse at some point and theres plenty of "it's just the internet" gaslighting going on here. I think that Tarmo's worst luster thread was a bit of a tipping point for this site. It got really quite unpleasant in the end and whilst there will always be posters who deserve called put and ridiculed for their views, I think the pile on has had its day.

Bennett should probably come back. He should probably also remember the boy who cried wolf

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Everyone has probably took part in a pile on or went a bit over the top with online abuse at some point and theres plenty of "it's just the internet" gaslighting going on here. I think that Tarmo's worst luster thread was a bit of a tipping point for this site. It got really quite unpleasant in the end and whilst there will always be posters who deserve called put and 

Toss up between @Melanius Mullarkey and @Sergeant Wilson

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Nice. 

I'm not calling Bennet a bellend. I think that is quite clear from the context.

I'm saying that even if he is, it doesn't excuse the behaviour directed at him.

I'll edit for clarity.

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Dots should be disabled.  Not to stop bullying but just for the heads gone of it all.

Even better, award the receipient of a red dot 2 green squares & see how long it takes the serial dotters to notice.

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Dots should be disabled.  Not to stop bullying but just for the heads gone of it all.

Just to say i pressed the button accidentally.  Was looking to confirm it was el marsho who had given the dot.  Apologies.

I'm not aware of whatever backstory there is to all this, I've only really used the site for a couple of years or so I think.
But I've long thought the treatment of Bennet on here is pretty disgraceful.
Like I said, I may have missed some kind of backstory, but I've never seen much from him that is offensive. There are certainly far nastier and less constructive posters on the site who attract nowhere near the same levels of stick. I don't really understand it.
A whole team of posters seem to spend a lot of their time on the site giving him a hard time over fairly innocuous posts and going out of their way to red-dot everything he posts. You can say what you like about red dots on a website being inconsequential, but there's something wrong with a mind prepared to devote time and effort to just trying to make someone else feel bad. Bunch of c***s if you ask me.
This whole thread is poor stuff, imo. A thread for wrong 'uns. And here I am.
Birthday caird pish. Bennett has spent much of his time on here trolling, being a snidey arse and general shitposting. He was also quite happy to join his fellow ***s in a piley on one of the Killie posters a few years back iirc.

I'm sure he's capable of being a decent poster, but as Welshbairn says he's absolutely the boy who cried wolf.