Oliver Burke

Contra

5 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Good shout as well.  Goal in Premier League, Premiership, Bundlesliga, but only 2. La Liga...

4 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Never scored in La Liga (according to Wikipedia).

Despite that being the first league listed I totally ignored that for some reason.  I actually totally forgot he even played for Sevilla :lol:. Boyata has been linked with a move to Valencia so he may be the next to do it.

• 2 months later...

Good chance he'll be in the next squad,he played 11 times in Germany and got 2 goals

I know a lot off people think he is a headless chicken all pace and no end product 

But at 25 surely he can still pick up a bit of experience in one off the best leagues in the world

Can play on the wing or as a number 9 surely worth a go on the bench at least

I aren't sure Stewart might be injured and for me Burke would be a good out and out sub for big Lyndon if he runs his heart out again for us

Yes Stewart never played last night,can't think many other out and out number nines worth a go

Edited by General dissaray

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

His 2 goals came before the last international break, where he wasn’t in the squad.

Might be getting used as a winger though but even if he isn't playing as a number 9 isn't always about goals you can still hold it up and bring others into play 

Burke has pace as well and that always helps at international level

Totally different player from a Lawrence Shankland or even a McBurnie who like Conway are also getting goals

He isn't really getting used as anything, aside from being chucked on as a sub with 10/15 minutes to go. Maybe he could have a similar role for Scotland, but we do have lots of other players who are better at everything else other than being quick and strong.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He isn't really getting used as anything, aside from being chucked on as a sub with 10/15 minutes to go. Maybe he could have a similar role for Scotland, but we do have lots of other players who are better at everything else other than being quick and strong.

Yet Burke gets a move to the best leagues in the world and the others up in Scotland don't?

I don't believe you

Big Stewart is injured give me another guy in his and Dykes mould

Cos allthough McBurnie is same height he is a totally different dimension as a player 

Shankland who I like is more a striker than a center forward he is on a decent run off form allthough a lot off his goals are pens

Edited by General dissaray

56 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Yet Burke gets a move to the best leagues in the world and the others up in Scotland don't?

I don't believe you

They got him for free off a team in the championship that he couldn’t get a game for let’s not pretend he’s little other than a cheap punt.

11 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Pretty sure Millwall did play him though so again another wild off the mark hot take on your part

Yeah he was only on loan there, as he couldn’t a game at his parent club like I said, not sure where on earth you are getting this ‘wild off the mark hot take’ from as I don’t remember really engaging with you on here. No need to be so aggressive either way though.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah he was only on loan there, as he couldn’t a game at his parent club like I said, not sure where on earth you are getting this ‘wild off the mark hot take’ from as I don’t remember really engaging with you on here. No need to be so aggressive either way though.

Aggressive lol how did you come up with Aggressive from what I just posted last?

Millwall was his last club before Werder Breman loan or not and they played him

Now this is just facts not aggression so don't be so quik to call it aggression that is dangerous patter man

Aggressive lol how did you come up with Aggressive from what I just posted last?
Now this is just facts not aggression so don't be so quik to call it aggression that is dangerous patter man

Well it would be facts if it was even remotely true. Milwall may have been the last team that he played a game for but Werder Bremen signed him directly from Sheffield United.

On 03/11/2022 at 18:40, General dissaray said:

Well as someone has already pointed out what you said isn’t ‘just facts’. Being so desperate to be right does seem to breed this odd aggression in you over pretty trivial subjects, I’m guessing you used to be Pep on here before?

Anyway as much as I don’t rate Burke it may sense to call up whoever is in form (not him at present) from the pretty dogshit options behind Dykes and Adams.

7 hours ago, gannonball said:

Well as someone has already pointed out what you said isn’t ‘just facts’. Being so desperate to be right does seem to breed this odd aggression in you over pretty trivial subjects, I’m guessing you used to be Pep on here before?

Anyway as much as I don’t rate Burke it may sense to call up whoever is in form (not him at present) from the pretty dogshit options behind Dykes and Adams.

Well you would be wrilong then wouldn't you?

Aye okay welcome to the internet and the forum then cos you must be new

Because that is 100 per cent peoples attitude in here always trying to correct others

And always hanging on to the same shitty patter about something posted month's or years before 

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

Well you would be wrilong then wouldn't you?

Aye okay welcome to the internet and the forum then cos you must be new

Because that is 100 per cent peoples attitude in here always trying to correct others

That's fair in my opinion. The culture that persists on message boards such as this one mean that even if you weren't predisposed to such childish behaviour when signing up then you will likely fall into that style at least for a period. It's a learned behaviour mostly but I'd imagine most people settle down after getting to grips with the forum and adopt a calmer approach and not take it seriously. 

• 2 months later...