La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

31 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Aye he did it for real Madrid champ.  Gerd Muller too.  You don't get to decide what's up for debate the facts do and the facts are nothing Messi has done hasn't been done before.  Johann Cruyff changed football much more than Messi has.  Ronaldo Brazilian changed how they ref the game.  You fanboys are hilarious.

Was Puskas to Real Madrid one of the three major transfers you were involved in, or did you caddy for him? Is that why you're so determined to "fanboy" (shudder & cringe) for him?

Messi is the best ever, by miles,  it isn't a point for debate.

Messi should go to another league like what Ronaldo did.
Would be cool to see how he would get on :-)

I would love to see Messi in the Premier League, G_Man, especially back with Guardiola at City. Can only imagine how many goals he'd score and how much magic he'd produce against the likes of Swansea and Huddersfield. Sadly though I don't see him leaving Barcelona other than going for a season or two back in Argentina with Newell's Old Boys.

Edited by J_Stewart

45 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Was Puskas to Real Madrid one of the three major transfers you were involved in, or did you caddy for him? Is that why you're so determined to "fanboy" (shudder & cringe) for him?

Messi is the best ever, by miles,  it isn't a point for debate.

I would love to see Messi in the Premier League, G_Man, especially back with Guardiola at City. Can only imagine how many goals he'd score and how much magic he'd produce against the likes of Swansea and Huddersfield. Sadly though I don't see him leaving Barcelona other than going for a season or two back in Argentina with Newell's Old Boys.

You don't get to decide what's for debate champ.  

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You don't get to decide what's for debate champ.  

And you don’t get to say things are facts when they’re opinions.

I have watched all the footballers you mentioned and I think Messi is not only better but significantly better.  That’s not a fact, but it is my opinion.

Guest Moomintroll

Although I am a Messi fan boi the comparisons are not on a level playing field. Taking away the eras when defences were an utter catastrophe which removes the likes of Puskas and Kubala, how much better would the likes of Muller and Cruyff have been if they could actually play football without a maniac attempting to break their leg 6 times before the ref even thought of booking the miscreant. Much as i like him, if Messi was around in the 60s or 70s he would have been crippled on a weekly basis with zero protection.

On 27/02/2018 at 21:04, J_Stewart said:

Maybe, but I just don’t see how. He’s single handedly changed the perception of what a footballer is capable of. No player has ever been the main creative hub and main goal scorer in their team, both domestically and in the Champions League over such a vast period of time.

You think about the best players of previous generations, Pele, Di Stefano, Puskas, Romario, Ronaldo, all phenomenal goal scorers, or Maradona, Cruyff, Zico, Platini, Zidane, Ronaldinho, all incredible creative driving forces. Not one of those were capable of doing the other to the level of their goal scoring or creative counterpoints. Messi is. He’s quite simply changed what a footballer is capable of, and his achievement in doing so should not be normalised or taken for granted in any way. He’s the best there has ever been by a considerable distance which only grows as the weeks go by.

On a separate note, another La Liga loss for Madrid. Zidane basically needs to win the champions league again or I can see him getting the bullet.

I just get the feeling there'll be someone who can combine Messi and Ronaldo into one, at one point, a proper freak with both a superb footballing brain, and the raw power to go with it. Brazilian Ronaldo if he'd ever reached his peak, if you will. 

Might be totally wrong of course, and until that happens I'd fully agree Messi is the greatest there's ever been. 

Thinking Lionel Messi isn’t the greatest footballer of all time, is on par with moon howlers who believe the Earth is flat.

ETA. The greatest scores again tonight.

Yet another sensational free kick too. GOAT’s gonna GOAT.

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Also still not convinced what the penalty was for; if it was for a supposed Digne handball then it was the wrong call,

Thought the ref shat it with the keepers handball too. Two big decisions that completely knocked Barca off their stride. Huge game on Sunday. 

7 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Thought the ref shat it with the keepers handball too. Two big decisions that completely knocked Barca off their stride. Huge game on Sunday. 

Aye, Atletico are rampant at the moment.  Sunday could be a title decider.

18 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Reminder that Las Palmas squad costs a total of €9m. Barcelona substitutes Dembele, Coutinho, Rakitic cost total of approx €250m.

Well done Las Palmas

7 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I thought Las Palmas were excellent. Guys like Calleri and Etero were brilliant, ran the whole night and didn't give Barca an inch.

Also, 6 minutes stoppage time last night. Well done, ref.

Yeah, as much as I wanted a Barca win Las Palmas deserved their point.  Great spirited performance.

3 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Their manager is a fkn genius.  They might stay up cause of him.  He was my choice for Scotland manager.

I thought they said during the commentary las t night that he was their fourth manager this season; did I pick that up right?

Third, unless they were counting someone temporary.

Quique Setien left to join Betis after last season, and they had another two between the start of this season and Paco Jemez taking over in December.

Fourth in the 2017 calendar year, maybe?

Edited by Nightmare

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I thought they said during the commentary las t night that he was their fourth manager this season; did I pick that up right?

Dunno but when he was at rayo vallecano and ancellotti at Madrid ancellotti was so impressed watching vallecano he asked if he could go to watch them train. 

He went along and afterwards said he'd never seen anything like it in his life.  The guys a genius.