Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

9/10 as I got Pittodrie wrong. I thought it was all seater (Or bencher) from the 80s, so when I saw terrace, I thought "can't be Pittodrie".

My favourite out of that lot was Rugby Park, really liked watching football there.

Also, like @microdave, disappointed at the lack of Boghead. 

Edited by Boghead ranter

On 14/09/2020 at 15:43, paulbrucerick said:

Seeing as you have opened the topic up a bit! Can anywhere in Scotland match this for a quirky entrance?

oak-road-stand-entrance-luton-town.jpg

2 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Is the Oak Stand not at Luton. You practically walk through someone’s back garden to get to it. IMG_0938.jpg

I wonder how Rightmove would spin that one!

Don't know if this has been covered yet on here but is there still grounds around Scotland with houses that have a full or partial view of the pitch?
Can't think of any in the Premiership as the stands would block a view and a lot of the newer stadiums are built away from housing estates now a days.
Below, Grant Street Park home of Clachnacuddin showing the hospitality boxes running both sides of the pitch.
image.jpeg.1cc4a161d651b47b1ba9cd71d0b089d6.jpeg
Station Park, Nairn
2825888880_a8eab9a5de_b.jpg&key=90d12fe94142bd97d139d6eefa01426c9bfcf594475e5ae2f79dad234c6887c4

Last time I was there some kids spent most of the first half of a Clach v Huntly game bouncing up and down on a trampoline in their garden. They probably saw a second of the game every 3 seconds or so and I did spend a bit of time wondering if they were trying to see the game or just playing and they weren't even looking towards the park.

Licensing hours were 24 hours. I ended up in allison st till I got the bus to my work in killie . Massive mistake.

Square posts ..... the French have never forgiven Hampden for its square posts due to St Etienne losing 1-0 to Bayern Munich in the 1976 European Cup Final.  Twice the French hit the woodwork and twice the ball came back out, they always reckoned they would have scored with round posts.  It was such a big thing with St Etienne they even bought the old Hampden square posts for their museum - see BBC article .... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24501627
Poteaux.png?resize=600,419&key=a8592f645fb99b4d7d43055d4264474e0c0c5e847f162c3d1726b3642354320f

Those posts really are burned into the French psyche - 7 years ago I was in a joint venture with a French company and on the day of the first meeting the French manager said to me ...."you are from Scotland?  I'll never forget those damned square posts, it lost us the European Cup".  I said to him that I was at that game.  Wasn't a bad week really, saw the Rolling Stones at the Apollo on the Tuesday night, then the European Cup final on the Wednesday night - Glasgow extended its licensing hours specially for the French/German fans in the city on the Wednesday night (closing time in those days was something like 10pm and it was extended to 1 am IIRC) ..... Thursday was dreadful .... hangover from hell .... [emoji53]

22 hours ago, stu2910 said:

I love that this made sense to someone at some point. Can you imagine someone applying for planning permission to do that now?!

Luton's ground always struck me as a strange set up.   The side of the ground opposite the camera position was all executive boxes but it looked like a row or shops .I've passed by a couple of time when down there for work and it really is crammed in amongst the houses.

I believe Luton have plans to move to a new ground before too long.

I cannot see Kenilworth Road on the telly and not think of the footage of the riot there. Vividly remember a guy in a white ski jacket chucking anything he could get his hands on at the police.

SPORT-LOW-RES4_2481611b.jpg

Ps. I think that is the executive box side in the background.

Edited by paulbrucerick

6 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

I cannot see Kenilworth Road on the telly and not think of the footage of the riot there. Vividly remember a guy in a white ski jacket chucking anything he could get his hands on at the police.

SPORT-LOW-RES4_2481611b.jpg

Ps. I think that is the executive box side in the background.

yes It is , it was converted not long after that night.