Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Firhill is another really accessible stadium

You can walk to it from the city centre, or get the Subway to St.George Cross and walk up 

Dare I say it but Love St was really accessible for both home and away fans either by bus, train, car or plane!

It will be 14 years in January since the old place shut the doors for the final time. 😢 

10 hours ago, Molotov said:

Dare I say it but Love St was really accessible for both home and away fans either by bus, train, car or plane!

It will be 14 years in January since the old place shut the doors for the final time. 😢 

Brockville too, seconds from the train station and minutes of a stroll from the town. 

20 years this May.  😢😢

On 24/11/2022 at 21:27, tamthebam said:

Meadowbank Thistle's first ever reserve game was played at Annfield.

Albion did a programme for it too!

IMG_20221124_212313076.thumb.jpg.3ab14f6c3c1776b0092df8d16ffa5001.jpg

Stirling Albion: Robertson, McMeel, McCluskey, Conway, Taylor, Haggart, Hannigan, Mitchell, Reid, Robertson, Nugent. Subs: Colquhoun, McKenzie

Meadowbank: Ellison, Hendrix, Young, Bullen*, Graham, Ewing, Park, Duthie, Whitehead, Banks, Hutchison. Subs: Cormack, Armstrong

*Current Ayr manager 

After the demise of Meadowbank Thistle, who do you follow now? Is it Edinburgh City or F.C Edinburgh as they are now named?

On 26/12/2022 at 11:57, approximately dave said:

Inspired by the direction of the Ghostown thread in the GN section since much of a city or town social gatherings decades ago revolved around pubs, cafes, churches and working mans clubs many of those would be found in or close by town or city centers same for football grounds. Many of these grounds are among the oldest.

Since it could be called a quirk now who has the closest football ground to a town or city center in the SPFL. Definition of closest is a ten minute walk as maximum and its walk not by car or by rail?

Ross County spring to mind right away, Motherwell,?

Livingston though having a town center might be a matter of opinion?

I reckon I could do Elgin high street to Borough Briggs in about 7 minutes.  Less from the bus station.

Train station not so much.

3 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

After the demise of Meadowbank Thistle, who do you follow now? Is it Edinburgh City or F.C Edinburgh as they are now named?

I don't follow anyone. As far as I am concerned the current bunch of twats running "FC Edinburgh" are Blobby & Co Mark II 

Station Park, Forfar WAS the furthest railway station from a League ground. This was replaced by Peterhead who were admitted to the Scottish League, stepping up from the Highland League.

Strangely before Peterhead’s previous ground, Recreation Park was just a few paces across the road from Railway Station before the Beeching closure.

660F62BC-E1F1-441B-8133-80BB0F26E82F.jpeg

96CFA26D-5946-4243-A1EC-BCBCDFC8FBEF.jpeg

Edited by Ken Fitlike

5 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

f**k Beeching. I'd make it law that any fitba stadium must be within walking distance of a train station.

Having to drive to a game is so uncivilised. It also forces people into the situation of having to watch Scottish football sober, which just shouldn't happen in this day and age.

Agreed, it should be a condition of SPFL status.