Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I can't believe that South Sudan is ten years old already.

We should have a whip-round to get them a present. What are ten year olds into these days?

3 minutes ago, Pato said:

A report on EU membership and currency options from 2014, will try to find again.

Obviously a Daily Express or Daily Mail scare article, as I said already do you honestly think Countries like Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania who had been under Russian Communist rule, with all the poverty that entailed, had £120 Billion lying around to give to the EU for membership. It does not happen.

Read the Copenhagen Criteria to see what is required for EU membership application acquis.

2 minutes ago, Pato said:

Aye sorry 120bn was way off - that would be the kind of level of total debt, numbers muddled. Here's the report, it doesn't specify a level of collateral for a central bank but considers $9bn insufficient.

https://www.niesr.ac.uk/sites/default/files/publications/dp415.pdf

Sorry mate but that document is dated 2013 and obviously written with an eye the 2014 Referendum, I've explained how the currency situation will run through our already establish Scottish Central Bank, again have a look at he Copenhagen Criteria re proven market economy requirements etc.

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I explained all this yesterday, in November 2020 the Scottish Government established the Scottish National Investment Bank with funds of £2 Billion, this will be our central bank as per the Copenhagen Criteria for EU membership application, on Independence we will than issue our own currency.

So the currency problem used by the better together mob is dead in the water 

The SNIB is no more a bank in the conventional sense than Historic Scotland.  It also doesn't have £2bln of funds, the timescale for that is 10 years.

15 hours ago, Pato said:

I'm not really talking about EU membership, I'm talking about what a Scottish government in the first years of independence would need to do in order to appear credible when its central bank starts issuing bonds. There doesn't seem to be any way around that involving restrained growth in expenditure in some areas and probably cuts in others. I think it's healthier to take these issues head on and articulate why it remains worthwhile to see through that difficult period for the rewards that come after. Handwaving it away is what brexiteers do and that's how it comes across.

As I've mentioned before unionists are keen to promote Scotland as a poor country, that is not the case, our National Income in 2019 was £177 Billion, plus we have massive natural resources on our doorstep, Ireland had a lot less when it broke away and I've already mentioned the Baltic States who had virtually nothing when they broke away from Russia  yet now they have thriving economies due in part to foreign investment.

It's a Scottish thing to look on the dark side and predict the worst case but in reality Scotland is a wealthy country which would financially benefit more as Independent and capable of running our own business and industrial investment without westminster telling us what we can or cannot have.

Imagine a country like Denmark being run totally from Germany, that's where we are.

Courage mon Brave, Faint Heart never fecked a Pig.

21 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I explained all this yesterday, in November 2020 the Scottish Government established the Scottish National Investment Bank with funds of £2 Billion, this will be our central bank as per the Copenhagen Criteria for EU membership application, on Independence we will than issue our own currency.

So the currency problem used by the better together mob is dead in the water 

18 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Didn’t the Andrew Wilson report (forgot its name) predict years of austerity post independence?

However, for the true believers, that’s a price worth paying.

The problem is selling it to the public at large.

15 hours ago, strichener said:

The SNIB is no more a bank in the conventional sense than Historic Scotland.  It also doesn't have £2bln of funds, the timescale for that is 10 years.

20 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The fact that a Scottish Central Bank has been established, however unionists want to denigrate it, indicates a clear intention towards Independence and EU membership.

Standard procedure. 

MovingGoalposts.jpg

2 minutes ago, Pato said:

To be fair it's probably about as much as the SG is able to manage given its constraints, but if you need to add a zero to the treasure chest, something else needs to happen as well.

I'm purely laughing at Sandy, claiming something with bravado, getting corrected then completely moving on. Happens a lot on here and it's something that annoys me, just admit you were wrong and move on, don't move on without the acknowledgement of the mistake otherwise there's no point in anyone debating anything with you ever. 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

As I've mentioned before unionists are keen to promote Scotland as a poor country, that is not the case, our National Income in 2019 was £177 Billion, plus we have massive natural resources on our doorstep, Ireland had a lot less when it broke away and I've already mentioned the Baltic States who had virtually nothing when they broke away from Russia  yet now they have thriving economies due in part to foreign investment.

It's a Scottish thing to look on the dark side and predict the worst case but in reality Scotland is a wealthy country which would financially benefit more as Independent and capable of running our own business and industrial investment without westminster telling us what we can or cannot have.

Imagine a country like Denmark being run totally from Germany, that's where we are.

Courage mon Brave, Faint Heart never fecked a Pig.

I keep hearing that Scottish Nationalism is a different type of nationalism, being a civic nationalism. 

But that up there^^ is emotive straw manning, us and them, lcd material that could have come from Farage 5 years ago. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I keep hearing that Scottish Nationalism is a different type of nationalism, being a civic nationalism. 

But that up there^^ is emotive straw manning, us and them, lcd material that could have come from Farage 5 years ago. 

The comparison with Farage is a joke, it would be insulting is anyone was stupid enough to take it seriously.

Yes, ours is a civic nationalism; the kind not reliant on racism or xenophobia to feel good about ourselves.

54 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The comparison with Farage is a joke, it would be insulting is anyone was stupid enough to take it seriously.

Yes, ours is a civic nationalism; the kind not reliant on racism or xenophobia to feel good about ourselves.

No instead of colour or nationality you use the Tory party.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Sorry didn't mean to insult nigel, i forgot some posters found him persuasive. 

No they are a group that are used as the object of hatred.
So hating(your word) someone because of their political ideology is the same as hating someone because of their colour or nationality?
Ok.

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

Apologies if you're an animal lover, the pig thing is an old saying going back in time.

5 hours ago, strichener said:

No instead of colour or nationality you use the Tory party.

Centre left pro EU snd pro immigration party pursing self determination isn't as inclusive and welcoming as they claim because they consistently target the isolationist right wing UK Government, their political enemy, who seek to block self determination at any costs. I can see the Farage/UKIP hatred of foreigners comparison you are making right enough. Everyo party needs a poor vulnerable group to make their scapegoat.