Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

28 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

If we have a hard brexit and an independent Scotland part of the EU and England are doing their best to keep the foreigners entering their country at their borders it would be stupid to leave the back door open and let the foreigners come in through Scotland. They would need to close the door, passport control, a real border. 

As outlined above, we've already seen that every effort is being made not to destabilise the interface between the north and south in Ireland.  Before the 2014 referendum there was talk of military on the border - all scaremongering pish as it turns out. Particularly as the tone used was one of dire consequences. What we've seen from Brexit is that pragmatism trumps arsehole driven spite every time. 

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

For me it would be people resident within a certain distance of the place that is producing the goods.

Depends really. When I lived in Scotland I almost never bought bottled water so on the odd occasion I did I would grab whatever was cheapest.

If I was buying fresh produce I would always try to buy something that originated in Scotland. Not everyone is like that or can afford to do that.

Again fair do's but bottled waters are all roughly the same price.

Likewise lamb chops.

The building I live in is large with a cold water tank up on the roof.

The water out of the cold tap is lukewarm all year round.

Hence I buy lots of bottled water tae drink.

But my point is that if products are roughly the same price then why buy foreign instead of Scottish?

Even without encouragement.

19 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Likewise lamb chops.

But my point is that if products are roughly the same price then why buy foreign instead of Scottish?

Convenience? Habit? Brand recognition? Lack of knowledge? Plenty of reasons.

It's something I have only really switched onto since moving to Switzerland, and probably in part because I now live in a fairly rural area. Most people here will buy Swiss produce, even when it is more expensive than the alternatives. A fairly high % also grow their own fruit and veg, almost anyone with a garden or balcony will have something planted, whether tomatoes, peppers, chillies, apples or cherries. They are encouraged from a young age to do it.

5 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Convenience? Habit? Brand recognition? Lack of knowledge? Plenty of reasons.

It's something I have only really switched onto since moving to Switzerland, and probably in part because I now live in a fairly rural area. Most people here will buy Swiss produce, even when it is more expensive than the alternatives. A fairly high % also grow their own fruit and veg, almost anyone with a garden or balcony will have something planted, whether tomatoes, peppers, chillies, apples or cherries. They are encouraged from a young age to do it.

Fair do's. I suppose some folk have tae be encouraged tae buy Scottish (where possible), but tae me it's a given :thumsup2

Likewise lamb chops.

Willie, stop buying bottled water,your kitchen tap should be mains fed (slightly off topic,I know)

14 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Willie, stop buying bottled water,your kitchen tap should be mains fed (slightly off topic,I know)

Perhaps you're right but I always thought it was from a large tank as the water is lukewarm, especially in the summertime.

Iif I take your advice and Highland Springs goes intae liquidation (getit) I'll feel hellish.

Course I could always blame you :lol:

4 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Perhaps you're right but I always thought it was from a large tank as the water is lukewarm, especially in the summertime.

Iif I take your advice and Highland Springs goes intae liquidation (getit) I'll feel hellish.

Course I could always blame you :lol:

Drinking water from your kitchen tap is never from a cold water storage tank, always from mains. You sure you weren't drinking from the bathroom tap ? lol

52 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Drinking water from your kitchen tap is never from a cold water storage tank, always from mains. You sure you weren't drinking from the bathroom tap ? lol

Our Kitchen tap was from the tank until we got the renovations done.

He should be able to tell whether there's a difference in water pressure between the bathroom and kitchen taps

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He should be able to tell whether there's a difference in water pressure between the bathroom and kitchen taps

I bide in an auld folks building and last year they redecorate the kitchens.

Now my taps run a lot slower so they dinnae overflow and the bathroom and kitchen taps appear tae be aboot the same.

If the kitchen tap is from the mains how come it is lukewarm in summertime?

Also I tried drinking it when I first came here 15 years ago and it tasted effing horrible (iron? fluoride?).

That's why I prefer drinking Highland Spring out of the fridge.

6x1.5litre bottles for £3 from Morrisons is no bad.

(And it's helping tae keep Scots folk in a job) :thumsup2

22 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Must have been an ancient system then haha.

He should be able to put his finger over the tap without it pishing everywhere if it's not mains fed.

Edited by AUFC90

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Tomorrows the day May fuks it all up. Hard brexit, Ireland Issue and disastrous path. Thankfully independence will be much closer

Order your foreign currency tonight if your going on holiday soon

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Tomorrows the day May fuks it all up. Hard brexit, Ireland Issue and disastrous path. Thankfully independence will be much closer

When she triggers article 50 that will be Independance day you F*cking Numpty......Have you learned nothing from this forum , ha ha!