Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

11 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48451024?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Brexit shutdown slashes UK car production by 45%

I remember an old guy whose son-in-law worked for one of the big car companies being asked if he thought Brexit might cost the guy his job.

His response was “Yeah, likely but we survived the war so we can survive this”.

So taking a conscious decision to voluntarily leave a successful economic union is the same as having no choice but to oppose fascism.

I remember an old guy whose son-in-law worked for one of the big car companies being asked if he thought Brexit might cost the guy his job.
So taking a conscious decision to voluntarily leave a successful economic union is the same as having no choice but to oppose fascism.

Once Brexit really kicks in I'm looking forward to a television series called 'Dentures Under The Hammer'.

On 5/25/2019 at 22:22, Bob Mahelp said:

The Daily Express is off the scale, mental as f**k, Brexit-tastic. 

Every single one of their headlines is pro-Farage, anti-Remainer, biased, propaganda filled, uber right-wing garbage. 

They champion far-right parties all over Europe and are dedicated to ignoring the truth......as when the far-right got an absolute kicking in the Dutch EU elections.

It's horrific and beyond the pale, but it appeals to ageing, racist Gammons.  If any newspaper deserves a painful death, it's The Express. 

So you read it  so that we don't have to. Cheers for that. 

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I see the point you're making.

A bit of shoehorned logic though. 

This Brexit malarky is really helping us to take back control.........

Donald Trump will land in the UK on Monday amid anger over comments made by his ambassador suggesting the NHS should be “on the table” in future trade negotiations.

His visit also came as cabinet ministers vying for the Tory leadership suggested they could tear up plans for the Chinese tech giant Huawei to build parts of the UK’s 5G network, after the ambassador, Woody Johnson, warned it was “a big risk”.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1135898837757898758.html?refreshed=yes
NEW: Nigel Farage has been given 24 hours to come to Brussels and explain himself over 450k pounds of allegedly undeclared gift from Arron Banks or face being banned from the European Parliament. 
Should be interesting.
And Farage has told them to f**k off. The Donald will sort it out.

14 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Welsh getting what they voted for

https://reut.rs/2MuVDhQ

At what point does the penny drop with these folk that they've been duped?

A few figured it out quickly but they're definitely a minority and a very small 1.

Still a very large number who believe a no deal brexit is a great idea and can't understand why we don't rush into it.

This time last year I was finding the whole Brexit shambles entertaining. Not any more.

This is becoming seriously fucked up. We've got a primeminership that's about to be decided by 120,000 mostly white male, Brexit voting, over 50 members. The contenders for PM are lining up to suckle at the teat of Trump. FFS, even the NHS appears to be on the agenda regarding negotiations with the US.

To think that Trump will somehow throw the UK a lifeline during negotiations is fucking ridiculous.

Get Scotland out this clusterfuck asap. Hate, HATE, what Britain has become.

1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:

This time last year I was finding the whole Brexit shambles entertaining. Not any more.

This is becoming seriously fucked up. We've got a primeminership that's about to be decided by 120,000 mostly white male, Brexit voting, over 50 members. The contenders for PM are lining up to suckle at the teat of Trump. FFS, even the NHS appears to be on the agenda regarding negotiations with the US.

To think that Trump will somehow throw the UK a lifeline during negotiations is fucking ridiculous.

Get Scotland out this clusterfuck asap. Hate, HATE, what Britain has become.

Indeed.

My local MP here in Somerset is one James Heappey ( Con ).  He said at the beginning of all this that he was a Remainer.

The constituency though is filled with foaming at the mouth Exiters.  Heappey is on the government payroll in some way, and he has consistently

voted for the May deal, and against all the other options.  And last time I looked at his Facebook page, months ago,  it was ablaze with

fierce comments.

So, it's all a right mess here. 

I've felt for years that Scotland should be independent, but as someone who chose to leave, 30+ years ago, I don't get too involved.

However, it's become increasingly obvious to me now, that Brexit, or ultimately Remain... the starkness of the differences between Scotland

and Englandshire is such that Scotland must be independent, and quite soon. 

1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:

Hate, HATE, what Britain has become.

Agreed totally! Did you see what they did to that fellow that supported Trump? Threw milkshake (it could have been acid!) over him. These guys should be locked!